bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Members

I personally think it sounds great and almost identical to the 5150. I'm not going to bash the build quality or anything of the sort.

Although I think I'd have a hard time buying one.

Why? Well I guess I feel that Peavey already makes these amps very well priced for what you get and under-cutting a builder that is already putting out amps for a bargain IMO is just too much for me. I don't want Peavey to take the hit here.

I'm curious as to why they chose Peavey though....they already make very well priced amps. Why not ENGLs or Mesas or something....amps that cost a lot more already.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really being picky with my ear on the speaker, I can tell the 5150 has more ass, and sounds a bit thicker because of it. The Bugera is a bit crunchier, and the mids are at a slightly higher frequency.

to me the 5150 sounded flubby. theres plenty of variables here. tubes, tweaking, boost/no boost. basically you could make clips from both amps better probably, but the point was just to capture the tone of each to compare. i had already heard the bugera extensively at that point so i knew it was a performer.

• Members

I personally think it sounds great and almost identical to the 5150. I'm not going to bash the build quality or anything of the sort.

Although I think I'd have a hard time buying one.

Why? Well I guess I feel that Peavey already makes these amps very well priced for what you get and under-cutting a builder that is already putting out amps for a bargain IMO is just too much for me. I don't want Peavey to take the hit here.

I'm curious as to why they chose Peavey though....they already make very well priced amps. Why not ENGLs or Mesas or something....amps that cost a lot more already.

very popular metal amp. most metal heads are broke. super cheap metal amp = much dinero!

• Members

Are a dealer??

yes he is the dealer that had the bugera i tried and still has it. the first day it was out someone expressed interest in buying it, within the first few hours actually.

piney hills is a great store. he could tell you more but he has a great selection of guitars and amps including esp/jackson/schecter/bc rich and engl/orange/bugera etc

• Members

well... theres loyalty, and then theres saving 500 bucks

• Members

you can get a used 5150 for around 550.00 all day.

and thats a good thing? you can buy 5150 that you dont know the condition of and that has a poor clean channel. or you could get something that in essence sounds the exact same and is brand new with a warranty with a much better clean channel

which is interesting because i could in essence sell my 5150 on ebay, and without loosing money buy a bugera and actually have more options and an amp in *MUCH* better shape with a warranty

• Members

goddamn, if you didn't post the picture, i'd think you recorded with the same amp
ahahha

the bugera sounds a bit less deep but it has exactly the same tone and they probably don't even have the same tube brand and bias settings
and the 6202 is supposed to be the 5150II not the 5150, so it's a really impressive and surprising comparison

• Members

or you can wait until everyone that buys a bugera sells it, and probably pay about 300.00.

yea. that statement could apply to anything ever made, ever.

why are you assuming that everyone that buys one will sell it? oh because behringer is distributing it. thats right. im sure its a good amp for the first hour then it will leak deadly radiation

• Members
as i said before, everyone will keep bashing it cause it's cheap, like people bashed 5150 for 10 years, until every trendy metal band started to use it

why doesn't anyone bashes Splawn for being a Marshall ripoff brand?

simple... cause it's expensive!
:lol:

yeah,

I have ENGL, HIWATT, Orange, EVH, and now Bugera. The Bugera can hold its own with all of them sonically.
But then again, what do I know, I have had people tell me that HiWatt is a cheaply made amp.

:lol:

• Members

Sounds like a 5150 me.

Loyalty to Peavey - lol. If you can't compete you die. Seems to me that Peavey should do a better job with their IP.

What's wrong with loyalty to Peavey?

I can't see the insides but these look like reverse engineered copies to me. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they are or not.

But in the meantime I would have to side with Peavey as they'll use their money to come up with different amps in the future......whereas Bugera will.....

And like I said before...Peavey already makes amps which are probably the biggest bang for the buck out there IMO while generally trying to come up with new stuff....even Marshall doesn't do that.

I don't blame anyone for wanting good tone a the cheapest price possible but on the other hand don't go blaming people like myself who would stick with the Peaveys on principle.

• Members
What's wrong with loyalty to Peavey?

I can't see the insides but these look like reverse engineered copies to me. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they are or not.

But in the meantime I would have to side with Peavey as they'll use their money to come up with different amps in the future......whereas Bugera will.....

And like I said before...Peavey already makes amps which are probably the biggest bang for the buck out there IMO while generally trying to come up with new stuff....even Marshall doesn't do that.

I don't blame anyone for wanting good tone a the cheapest price possible but on the other hand don't go blaming people like myself who would stick with the Peaveys on principle.

No doubt it is a complete rip-off of Peavey. I really don't care. That's not my job to care, nor to I get paid by Peavey to care. I can't believe Peavey has not protected it's brand better than to let this happen. I'd also be willing to bet it's probably built like crap by adolescent Chinese. But hey - if it sounds good, that's really what matters to me. Hell, I buy ENGLs. ;) I like Peavey products too (and owned many of them), however, if Peavey is'nt around to innovate the next big thing, some other company will be. Demand will generate the supply.

• Members

and thats a good thing? you can buy 5150 that you dont know the condition of and that has a poor clean channel. or you could get something that in essence sounds the exact same and is brand new with a warranty with a much better clean channel

which is interesting because i could in essence sell my 5150 on ebay, and without loosing money buy a bugera and actually have more options and an amp in *MUCH* better shape with a warranty

as of right now no one but a small handful of people even know what the bugera sounds like, your clip sounded good but it only says so much...you may find it sounds better than a 5150 which is great

no one knows if that amp is really worth a damn or not...the 5150 has been known for years as an amp that can hold up to damn near anything, not many people buy 5150's ever have to think about warranty issues with them

no one has a clue what bugera's customer service will be like if there is a warranty or any other issue to be dealt with...i know when i called peavey up for parts in the past i had no problem getting what i wanted, it was cheap, and they covered the shipping

Archived