megagoo

• Members

BUGERA CLIPPAGE

raw tracks: http://music.megagoo.com/5150-bugera-test.mp3

3 sections, all double-tracked and panned hard left & right

section 1: bugera 6262

section 2: 5150

section 3 bugera right side, 5150 left.

will post a picture of the amps but i dont know if you'll be able to make out the settings. we set the 5150 and bugera's knobs the same and adjusted resonance on the 5150 (bugera = has no resonance knob i think)to what sounded good (we only spent like 5 seconds on that process). the bugera had the reverb on.

so this should be a good idea of what they sound like, at least comparatively. my verdict is that if you want a 5150 tone for hundreds less than a 5150/6505/whatever, bugera 6262 is a no-brainer. i just remembered. these things actually have a REALLY nice clean. i dont recall hearing it, but that makes it more valuable than the 5150 in my opinion

the amps were tweaked more for room playing and not necessarily for recording, and adjustments to sm57 were done very quickly without spending time to find a perfect mic placement

eddie

edit: made a song out of it:

i just threw this together. i spliced and copied the riff a bunch of times and added drums and bass to make a (boring) song, to see how it'd sound in a mix. i did some processing like compression and EQ to the guitars. the drums clip a little i think. im still learning how to mix. but i think it sounds good, at least on these headphones

http://music.megagoo.com/bugera-song-demo.mp3

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So any ideas when these will be readily available? Or even who will be distributing them? Says on bugeras site to check behringer, and I don't see anything on behringers site.
:confused:

I think they should be readily available around the end of Q1... thats what a read a month or 3 ago.

• Members

Pretty cool amp for the cash...

that's exactly it.as long as they don't fall apart or burn up for the cash it will be a great back-up.how long do you guys think it will take for Dime11 to get one to replace his cobra head when he sells it again... :poke:

Archived