Pete Thorn demoing Axe-FX. Awesome stuff... listen!

JoshuaLogan

• Members

Well, I wasn't really familiar with this guy, but apparently he's the touring guitarist for Chris Cornell... Anyways, he's pretty damn good, and he has been testing out an Axe-FX and just recorded a song with it and posted it up for everyone to check out. Sounds REALLY good... want you guys to hear it.

http://www.andras-shimon.com/AXE-FX/PETERHORN/Axe_fx1_mix1.mp3

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He posts here...he posted a clip of the 5153 awhile back. I'm pretty sure you have heard it Joshua.

I know he digs his 5153 alot, minus the cleans, like I did.

Axe-Fx is building a good following. I will probably be getting one in the future but I'm not trading my tube amps for one. Getting closer all the time, though....

• Members

Yeah. Sounds very good. I'm really wanting to try one of the out.

Do you have any clips yet?

No, I don't even have a guitar at the moment (except for a cheapo beater ESP LTD 7 string I'm borrowing from a friend just so I have something to play right now).... I sold off my music man petrucci guitar to get something more personal... one of the new 24 fret ibanez s prestiges and putting my set of bareknuckles in it, but the one I got had a big problem with sustain, so I had to send it back.... I'm still waiting for all that to get fixed.

Clips will be on their way ASAP though. I just ordered a whole system's worth of parts lastnight from newegg to build myself a nice DAW PC for recording, and I'll be adding the audio interface as soon as I decide what I want.... between rme fireface 800, echo audiofire 8, or a Lynx L22 or Lynx Two card + separate preamps... still researching and trying to decide...

Everything's slowly coming together though... :)

• Members

He posts here...he posted a clip of the 5153 awhile back. I'm pretty sure you have heard it Joshua.

I know he digs his 5153 alot, minus the cleans, like I did.

Axe-Fx is building a good following. I will probably be getting one in the future but I'm not trading my tube amps for one. Getting closer all the time, though....

Oh, yeah. I remember. I did hear it. I thought that might be the same guy. Very cool. I'm really not all that into the alt rock chris cornell kinda stuff, but this song he posted is awesome. Extremely good player, and it sounds really, really good.

• Members

I dont like it at all. Especially the intro tone. Sounds all weak and thin in the highs and the low end sounds very strange. The rhythm tone just sounds, thin and, well, like I said about the VM in the other thread, empty in the mids.

Lead tone sounds pretty damn good though. I love this guys playing.

• Members

I dont like it at all. Especially the intro tone. Sounds all weak and thin in the highs and the low end sounds very strange. The rhythm tone just sounds, thin and, well, like I said about the VM in the other thread, empty in the mids.

Lead tone sounds pretty damn good though. I love this guys playing.

IF it aint no vintage MArshall nonmv pushing greens to the breaking point no {censored} you dont like it :p:cop::lol:

IT is too smooth if I was going to say something but the song itself is awesome imo!

• Members

I will say this - and this is not denying that it sounds damn impressive - it doesn't sound quite like tubes. It still has a kind of electronic feel to it. Not a harsh electronic feel like you get with a POD, but a kind of smooth, overprocessed feel. Hard to describe, and I probably wouldn't be saying this if I didn't know it was a modeler. But since I do, I can detect it. Just sounds slightly off. Perhaps someone else is hearing what I'm hearing. :idk:

• Members

Lol. come on, the opening riff sounded like a great strat plugged into a slight boost straight to a board. Then when it kicks in there were often multi layered guitars playing the solo.

I bet a pod pro in his hands would sound around the same. If you listen to the clip carefully it does not sound like a genuinely mic'd amp.

Not impressed at all by the tone. It kinda reminded me of the tone that annoys the crap our of me on Fox Sports in house music.

• Members

IF it aint no vintage MArshall nonmv pushing greens to the breaking point no {censored} you dont like it
:p
:cop:
:lol:

IT is too smooth if I was going to say something but the song itself is awesome imo!

That {censored} aint smooth sounding at all to me. Its grainy sounding, in a bad way. :confused:

Ive heard POD clips with better tone, so Im sure this thing can do better. But he should have dialed in the rhythm better IMO.

• Members

That {censored} aint smooth sounding at all to me. Its grainy sounding, in a bad way.
:confused:

Ive heard POD clips with better tone, so Im sure this thing can do better. But he should have dialed in the rhythm better IMO.

I guess by smooth it is missing that hard mids thing going....almost scooped. Talking about the rhythm in the beginning.

WTF are you doing here at this hour???? I am married so I have an excuse :cry:

• Members

I guess by smooth it is missing that hard mids thing going....almost scooped. Talking about the rhythm in the beginning.

WTF are you doing here at this hour???? I am married so I have an excuse
:cry:

I made a clip that sounds as equally as bad as this one. :D

Go listen to it beeeeyitch. :mad:

Archived