Angry Girlfriend's take on the Mark III

Angry Grimace

• Members

The only thing that should be touched on the EQ is the midz, to scoop them all out. I don't want to hear my guitar, dammit. I want to feel it and make dogs howl at my br0otalz tonez.

i scoop my mids, then put my amp in my car, shut the door, and crack the rear passenger widow about 1" to cut through the mix

m/:mad:m/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Angry, were you ever on the Thrice message boards? Someone with the same username posted on there I think. They even managed to convince everyone they were a girl. If that wasn't you then ignore this.

Nope, not me. I like Thrice, but not enough to post on their message boards. Band specific message boards=scarier than Angry Girlfriend

• Members
:freak:
In what universe could anyone legitimately believe that all of the Mark series amps suck? What style of music do you play?

Opinions. :idk:

It didn't sound like a Marshall :idk: I just prefer Marshalls by far. That's just my opinion, pretty much everything is gonna be colored by my admitted opinion I like Marshalls more than anything else :idk:

Actually, it's clean sound was excellent. :o But I didn't much care for the lead channel at all.

• Members
Opinions.
:idk:

It didn't sound like a Marshall
I just prefer Marshalls by far. That's just my opinion, pretty much everything is gonna be colored by my admitted opinion I like Marshalls more than anything else

Actually, it's clean sound was excellent.
:o
But I didn't much care for the lead channel at all.

Well obviously you are entitled to your opinion, and that's all well and good... but an amp doesn't "suck" simply because you prefer the sound of another amp/manufacturer. I for one have never been much of a Marshall fan but I wouldn't say for example that the JCM800 sucks, I'd just say it isn't the amp for me.

But you're right, opinions are opinions...

• Members
Well obviously you are entitled to your opinion, and that's all well and good... but an amp doesn't "suck" simply because you prefer the sound of another amp/manufacturer. I for one have never been much of a Marshall fan but I wouldn't say for example that the JCM800 sucks, I'd just say it isn't the amp for me.

But you're right, opinions are opinions...

It's inherently a subjective statement, since TONE is subjective as a matter of course; an argument saying an opinion isn't a fact is inherently a fallacy :poke:

If I say "X amp sucks" why would you bother arguing whether it was a fact or not? It's non-substantive, semantic argument.

• Members
Why are you having talks with Angry Girlfriend about buying a new amp?

Until she becomes Angry Wife, you need to tell her to STFU.

gat damn! Chuck nutz has been golden lately :cop:

and A big plus one to his statement

• Members
It's inherently a subjective statement, since TONE is subjective as a matter of course; an argument saying an opinion isn't a fact is inherently a fallacy :poke:

I never said your opinion "isn't a fact," Mr. Fallacy. Actually, I never used the word fact at all. :poke: I just was just disagreeing with your choice of terminology. So yes, it's a semantic argument, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily non-substantive.

Either way this is a pretty worthless disagreement. I already stated several times that you're entitled to your opinion. But I'm just as entitled to find your opinion totally wrong, as well as to take issue with your means of expressing it. Just as you are free to ignore and/or respond to my criticism. :wave:

Archived