Angry Girlfriend's take on the Mark III

Angry Grimace

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never stand for a women that isn't behind your playing 100%. SHe might not dig you spending tons of money on equipment or whatever, but if they ever put your playing down even as a joke...dump the bitch.

• Members

y'know though.. there is some wisdom in that..

i think a lot of dudes'll change out a lot of their rig WAY too fast-- sometimes you CAN get great sound out of a lot of these amps, but kinda like the wife or girlfriend-- you gotta work with 'em to get the best out of 'em.

i bought a mesa .50 cal in '93, HATED it for a while... and ended up keeping it til 2007- and loving the damn thing. i only traded it for a .22 cause i needed less wattage... same preamp circuit. there's better-- but all the OTHER gear i've come to know and love is shaped AROUND it.. and IT's never failed, while some of the other corresponding gear did.

find the good bits and work around what doesn't work.. sometimes its the amp, but not always!

• Members

y'know though.. there is some wisdom in that..

i think a lot of dudes'll change out a lot of their rig WAY too fast-- sometimes you CAN get great sound out of a lot of these amps, but kinda like the wife or girlfriend-- you gotta work with 'em to get the best out of 'em.

i bought a mesa .50 cal in '93, HATED it for a while... and ended up keeping it til 2007- and loving the damn thing. i only traded it for a .22 cause i needed less wattage... same preamp circuit. there's better-- but all the OTHER gear i've come to know and love is shaped AROUND it.. and IT's never failed, while some of the other corresponding gear did.

find the good bits and work around what doesn't work.. sometimes its the amp, but not always!

This is HCAF. If you play a wrong note through an amp, then it's in the SPAM thread.

If the amp doesn't arrive with a perfect sound already dialed in, then holy hell sell that bitch. Just because it must have an EQ doesn't mean it needs to be touched.

• Members

This is HCAF. If you play a wrong note through an amp, then it's in the SPAM thread.

If the amp doesn't arrive with a perfect sound already dialed in, then holy hell sell that bitch. Just because it must have an EQ doesn't mean it needs to be touched.

naw.. i gotcha.. i just can't live that way. {censored} man-- people who engineer these damn things aren't DEAF... some are.. but user errors the WORST bitch of all.. a proper SETUP would probably keep people in their own amps for years... if i had a dollar for every time i thought bad tone came from pickups set to high around here.... i wouldn't be here... i'd be playing on my own boat off the coast of antarctica

• Members

With inflation over the years I owned that amp, I guess you could say that I didn't REALLY profit off it. I had it for many years, and never much cared for it, but I didn't see the purpose of going through amp after amp, especially given my budget was never going to rise higher than that of what I initially paid for the Mark III. :idk: I'm not THAT picky really. I only sold it to afford the puppy.

I dunno. I like amps and guitars and such. But I'd be perfectly content with a strat and a decent distortion pedal :idk: if I knew that was what I was gonna get. Some people on AF are so picky I imagine they probably only eat certain parts off of a pizza

• Members
Tell her that, quite like women, there's probably something else out there that might be "better", and if she doesn't change her tune, she could find herself out the door like the amp.

Let me know how that works out.

ahhh hah ah ahah hah ahahahhh ah ah hah ahah hahahaha!!!:lol:

that made my day!

• Members

The only thing that should be touched on the EQ is the midz, to scoop them all out. I don't want to hear my guitar, dammit. I want to feel it and make dogs howl at my br0otalz tonez.

• Members

The Technology of tody encourages people to be Picky - when You can have anything you want you want to have it! Me Im happy with my cheap guitar and amp I can get a distorted sound and a clean sound and theres some effects to play with when I get Bored. and Ill eat the entire pizza ass first if its free!!!!

Archived