Official Austin Ampfest 3.0 signup thread! 11/1/08

Ron Burgandy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Bwahahahaha. You think that there's a single virgin on the UT campus?

Bwhahahahaha. *gasp gasp* Hahaha.

Even the ugly girls have been violated. Most likely by a chem major.
:p

Hey now, I take personal offense to that. :cop: I only boned hot bitches.

• Members
So having bands play to interrupt the ampfest and drag it on forever, plus getting liquored up and not being able to remember what the amps sound like in comparison to one another, is a *good* idea somehow?
:D

If I wanted to have a party I could call my friends and set it up any weekend...at my house, too. I wouldn't have to fly to another country to do that.
:)

The bands are playing AFTER the ampfest, James. :thu: Additionally, I don't drink, so my memory is completely unaltered the entire time. So your points are moot, sir.

-Ans-

• Members
So having bands play to interrupt the ampfest and drag it on forever, plus getting liquored up and not being able to remember what the amps sound like in comparison to one another, is a *good* idea somehow?

If I wanted to have a party I could call my friends and set it up any weekend...at my house, too. I wouldn't have to fly to another country to do that.

I have one cat...and he's awesome.

metro_4.jpg

No, no, no - we get liquored up while we're jamming on amps, but the bands don't play until AFTER the ampfest. :cop:

• Members

metro_4.jpg

vwpimpride9od.gif

• Members

metro_4.jpg

After party w/bands = after the Ampfest ;)

Schedule:

12-7pm - Ampfest; 2 rooms full of the best amps ever made. Wish someone was bringing out a Peters honestly. :)

7-9 - teh Barbequez/booze (not Ruby's this time :facepalm: )

9pm-??? - Teh after party with teh rock0rz

???-AM - the After - Afterparty :cop:

• Members
If I wanted to see a band, I could go to a bar. The ampfest is going to go long enough that I'd rather not encourage bands to play. Who wants to play an ampfest instead of a gig anyway.
I mean, really...can't get a gig, or what?

Headhunters, ATX mang, we ain't having bands at the Ampfest :facepalm:

• Members
If I wanted to see a band, I could go to a bar. The ampfest is going to go long enough that I'd rather not encourage bands to play. Who wants to play an ampfest instead of a gig anyway.
I mean, really...can't get a gig, or what?

:facepalm:

it isn't about "going to see a band", it's about getting together with your friends' bands and taking those amps you have been showing people all day, then putting them into their real environment, having a fun time and rocking out. We aren't "playing an ampfest", the ampfest is being held at one location, the gig is being held at a venue in Austin....what's the problem here?

Or are you just trying to troll our thread? :cop:

-Ans-

• Members
all this negative-cat energy! i won't take it.. nope.

i'll freakin' come to texas with my man boris here and open one can of whoopass, if necessary.

l_a099ef07c00488ef34eee89f58483768.jpg

He looks really cute and friendly.

About the band thing, I'm not being 100% serious but think about it: this is an ampfest, not a gig, not a party. Comparing amps is what it's all about. Very few people are going to want to hang around all afternoon *and* evening (and I'm basing this on how many previous ampfests have gone...I'm not new to ampfests). If your event is more about the party, that's fine. I personally don't want to spend another several hours getting drunk and getting my ears blasted (especially after having them blasted all day at the ampfest). I'd prefer the ampfest to be just that, an ampfest. Those who hang around longer can talk and have coffee/tea, do some further comparisons with different amps/cabs/tubes/etc., and it makes for a more relaxed ampfest if people know they'll have time afterwards for that.

• Members

About the band thing, I'm not being 100% serious but think about it: this is an ampfest, not a gig, not a party. Comparing amps is what it's all about. Very few people are going to want to hang around all afternoon *and* evening (and I'm basing this on how many previous ampfests have gone...I'm not new to ampfests). If your event is more about the party, that's fine. I personally don't want to spend another several hours getting drunk and getting my ears blasted (especially after having them blasted all day at the ampfest). I'd prefer the ampfest to be just that, an ampfest. Those who hang around longer can talk and have coffee/tea, do some further comparisons with different amps/cabs/tubes/etc., and it makes for a more relaxed ampfest if people know they'll have time afterwards for that.

Coffee/tea? I'm starting to doubt your br0otalz street cred, J-Pizzle.

• Members

About the band thing, I'm not being 100% serious but think about it:
this is an ampfest, not a gig, not a party.
Comparing amps is what it's all about. Very few people are going to want to hang around all afternoon *and* evening (and I'm basing this on how many previous ampfests have gone...I'm not new to ampfests). If your event is more about the party, that's fine. I personally don't want to spend another several hours getting drunk and getting my ears blasted (especially after having them blasted all day at the ampfest). I'd prefer the ampfest to be just that, an ampfest. Those who hang around longer can talk and have coffee/tea, do some further comparisons with different amps/cabs/tubes/etc., and it makes for a more relaxed ampfest if people know they'll have time afterwards for that.

Yes it is. Once again, the show is being held at a completely seperate location than the ampfest so it's not mandatory for anyone to show up at the show, it's just something extra we are doing. If you want to be boring and go home afterwards, that's your bag, if you want to come and rock out, hang out, party, you can do that as well.

On another note........why the negative vibe towards something that the ampfest attendees want to do for their OWN ampfest?

-Ans-

• Members
Yes it is. Once again, the show is being held at a completely seperate location than the ampfest so it's not mandatory for anyone to show up at the show, it's just something extra we are doing. If you want to be boring and go home afterwards, that's your bag, if you want to come and rock out, hang out, party, you can do that as well.

On another note........why the negative vibe towards something that the ampfest attendees want to do for their OWN ampfest?

-Ans-

I didn't realize it was at a separate location. In any case you guys are the ones bragging about how much better your ampfest will be because of bands and partying. I'm just explaining why that doesn't matter to the ampfest itself. Since you are having the gig at a separate location and time, that means you agree with me.

The end. :)

Archived