Official Austin Ampfest 3.0 signup thread! 11/1/08

Ron Burgandy

• Members

Austin Ampfest ver 3.0 is being held 11/1/08 at the St Elmo Music Lab!!

Due to parking issues created by some pedalfest held a few weeks ago, we have to move the Ampfest to the St. Elmo location.

Feeling down because your local ampfest sucks?

Upset that you can't really get a feel for a specific amp at your local music shop?

Do you still have your face despite constantly pounding the local music scene?

Worry no more!

Austin Ampfest ver 3.0 is being held 11/1/08 at the St Elmo Music Lab!!

12:00 - 7:00 PM

As with the previous Austin Ampfests, there will be a WIDE range of some of the best amplification available to the general public. Our usual gear list ranges from the very best vintage offerings of Marshall/Fender to the latest and greatest Diezel's, Bogners, etc.

We will have 2 rooms this time unless we get a HUGE response.

Also Telephant has booked an AWESOME show to follow this thing.

November 1st at Headhunters has been officially confirmed. Here is the line up:

The Swim

Non Existence

The Bexar County Bastards

Doors at 7:00. 45 minute sets. The Swim goes on at 10PM.

Please respond in this thread with the gear you will be bringing if you plan to attend.

**Important notice regarding cost**

Unlike previous ampfests, I'm going to ask the cost be split among the attendees. I will cap the cost at $5/person and subsidize the remaining myself. Certain exceptions apply because in the past some people have given me money, beer, etc and they will not be asked to contribute. You all know who you are and I won't accept anything from you :thu: To be clear there were certainly no hard feelings about the last two, I just can't afford to throw that kind of cash down this time since my wife and I are both in school this semester. :)

Anyway on to the list:

Chuck/Ehud/Jeb/Ron/Dave - '62 Concert, various pedals, SG, Gretsch and possibly the Jubilee depending on how much room I have in the car.

Telephant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, a 3 day weekend in Tejaz right when the weather turns to {censored} here would be nice.

Anyone wanna golf if I head down there?
:lol:

I bet I could get my Dad to take you to Barton Creek Country Club. Ill go too, but Im driving the cart and drinking beer. :lol:

• Members

aw hell, i'd like to go-- but i just spent the last vacation i had on a family retreat to a buncha squabblin' siblings... :mad:

i'll throw some mojo in an envelope and post my graven image down. just put it up on the backside of the front door, so at least i'll be thought of well in my absence.. all i ask in return is the total demolition of the venue...

• Members

I don't play golf, but I will drunkenly flail a club around for 9 holes.

Um...guys, what the {censored} do you think I mean by golf? White pants and a Nike polo swinging $2,000 clubs, while WALKING?

{censored} no.

Golf = hacking at balls while drunk driving golf carts around picking fights with the uppidy people.

• Members

aw hell, i'd like to go-- but i just spent the last vacation i had on a family retreat to a buncha squabblin' siblings...
:mad:

i'll throw some mojo in an envelope and post my graven image down. just put it up on the backside of the front door, so at least i'll be thought of well in my absence.. all i ask in return is the total demolition of the venue...

:lol:

• Members

I'll be there for sure.

I currently expect to still have my Herbert, Ecstasy and Uberschall and maybe something else, who knows.

Of course I'll be bringing lots of beer. Hopefully there will be a few more men at Ampfest 3.0 because I brought too much beer home from Ampfest 2.0 (at least it was only the Dos Equis and I had fewer leftovers than Ampfest 1.0).

Also, someone needs to print out maps to Rudy's for after the fest so we don't have to rely on Dave's expert navigational skillz. :cop:

Archived