Official Austin Ampfest 3.0 signup thread! 11/1/08

Ron Burgandy

• Members
I don't know a single mu{censored}a on here, ya'll might be too BroOOtallz for me

Well, sure, it'll be a big change from Bappieland, but we'll be gentle. At first.

mowhowski: Where in China are you? Are you gonna ship any guitars home while you can get them really cheap?

Oh yeah, before I forget to mention gear, IF I can get my {censored} together between now and then and learn how to bias my own amp and change the plug to a 3-prong power cable (still has the original 1975 two-pronger), I'll bring the Royal. If I do bring it, this time I'll be sure the {censored}ing voltage switch is set properly so it doesn't sound like a little 5-watt job. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Ans we must've been in the same place at the same time at some point. You ever hang out at scout?

Every once in a blue moon. I've played there once, although my drummer is also the drummer in The Hunger, and I'm also really good friends with Jon from Melovine, so I usually go there when they are playing to hang out. Other than that...I'm not there all that often. I'll probably be there on the 30th though for the metal fest and the show Melovine is playing afterwards.

-Ans-

• Members

I do:wave:, my band played there 2 weeks ago. But, I usually don't go there unless I play there. Too much of a douche-bag haven:cop:

Yes it is! I've been avoiding the place for a good while now. Everyone knows me pretty well there though. Maybe YOU know me... HMMMMM

• Members

Every once in a blue moon. I've played there once, although my drummer is also the drummer in The Hunger, and I'm also really good friends with Jon from Melovine, so I usually go there when they are playing to hang out. Other than that...I'm not there all that often. I'll probably be there on the 30th though for the metal fest and the show Melovine is playing afterwards.

-Ans-

I'll be there on the 30th. My buddy is the singer for Bloodvoid and I owe him a watch since he came and watched my show on the 1st:lol:.

What's the the name of your band, Ans? I might have heard of ya'll

• Members

-Ans-

I was in a band with Tim and Gio (the old pos drummer for the hunger) and I know them all pretty well. At one point the Hunger was wanting me to be their guitarist. Cool guys, just not my thing.

Jon is a good friend of mine also. I actually met him in 05 the night my band came down from cleveland on tour. Been good friends since. Small world.

Well I'm sure we'll see each other around then since our circles are pretty close.

• Members

Not right now. Writing and recording. Building the rig and then I'll go find players. Waste of time to do it any other way when people only wanna play shows and pretend they are big shots.

Yeah, I know that game. It's hard to find players that want to build up a good sound first and then gig, at least in Houston. Luckily my boys in the band think like me:thu:

• Members

I was in a band with Tim and Gio (the old pos drummer for the hunger) and I know them all pretty well. At one point the Hunger was wanting me to be their guitarist. Cool guys, just not my thing.

Jon is a good friend of mine also. I actually met him in 05 the night my band came down from cleveland on tour. Been good friends since. Small world.

Well I'm sure we'll see each other around then since our circles are pretty close.

Yeah, I really don't know anything about the Hunger, I just know our drummer drums for them. :lol: From what I've heard, it's not anywhere close to what I listen to, enjoy playing, or purchase, haha. Regardless, if you know those guys, the I'm sure you know Angel, our drummer. :thu:

Jon is definitely cool. That Black ESP Eclipse Custom he has I sold to him a while back. We've played a few shows with Melovine before, but it was at Engine Room...which was basically a waste of a show because of the condition of that venue. :o

-Ans-

• Members

Good news, bad news, ladies and gents. The good news is that I'm going to be traveling south the weekend of the Tejas ampfest. The bad news (well, kind of bad news) is that it's a trip to Tucson with my tennis crew for the national tourney. I don't know whether to smile, cry, or shart.

• Members
Where has Shea been lately? I haven't seen him around the board very much. Either we're hanging out in different threads or he's been keeping busy keepin' the local clubs rockin'.

Im being mischievous. :evil:

So the line up for November 1st at Headhunters has been officially confirmed. Here is the line up:

The Mighty Renegades
The Swim
Non Existence
The Bexar County Bastards
Decimation Theory

Doors at 7:00. 45 minute sets. Mighty Renegades start at 9:00. Although, they can always start earlier if they want. But I figure if the Ampfest is till 7:00, then 9 is probably the best bet.

RNRLAMF. :rawk:

• Members
Im being mischievous.
:evil:

So the line up for November 1st at Headhunters has been officially confirmed. Here is the line up:

The Mighty Renegades

The Swim

Non Existence

The Bexar County Bastards

Decimation Theory

Doors at 7:00. 45 minute sets. Mighty Renegades start at 9:00. Although, they can always start earlier if they want. But I figure if the Ampfest is till 7:00, then 9 is probably the best bet.

RNRLAMF.
:rawk:

:rawk:

I updated the first post with the show info. This is going to be the best Ampfest to date :cop:

• Members
Good news, bad news, ladies and gents. The good news is that I'm going to be traveling south the weekend of the Tejas ampfest. The bad news (well, kind of bad news) is that it's a trip to Tucson with my tennis crew for the national tourney. I don't know whether to smile, cry, or shart.

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!! You simply fear the br00tz! :cop:

-Ans-

Archived