Get over it. Metallica owns all you haters.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

Ahahaha, is the OP for real? Comedy gold if he is. :lol:

I would be classified as a "hater" but the "jealousy" argument is weak. I haven't experienced actual jealousy of anyone or anything since I was kid. If you experience jealousy then you're pretty immature and low on the personal evolution scale IMO.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the album, but I can't stand listening to a recording that makes my speakers sound like they are blown. I am going to have to find out where to download the unclipped versions from GH3.

But at least there is only a week until the new Trivium, and I am sure it won't make my speakers sound blown.

• Members

I like the album, but I can't stand listening to a recording that makes my speakers sound like they are blown. I am going to have to find out where to download the unclipped versions from GH3.

But at least there is only a week until the new Trivium, and I am sure it won't make my speakers sound blown.

Just get GH3, that game {censored}in rules!

• Members

I thought you respected teh gheyz?

I love teh gheyz. And they all understand Trivium is for girls.

It's not like "Tori Amos is for girls, but it's awesome and dudes can like it too", It's like the Hello Kitty of metal. Liking it doesn't make you Gay, or a girl, it makes you an idiot.

Ironic use of Hello Kitty Fenders not included in the aforementioned metaphor. Those things are just GREAT.

• Members
Just get GH3, that game {censored}in rules!

I just got rock band, and I have GH3 for the PC. Rock band is great I love playing with the drum set :thu: Rock band has also put the final nail in the coffin as far as my singing goes...It sucks I can't even do some songs on easy :facepalm:

They are both awsome games.

• Members
When the Black Album came out me and my friends/bandmates referred to them as Seattlica.

:thu: Maybe since they are on the reality tv (some kind of monster) St. Anger, and now overly compressed no dynamics trend they could change it to McTallica, anything for a buck.

I think that once album sales slow down they will release a good sounding version for twice the price so that the fanboys will buy the album twice.

• Members

When the Black Album came out me and my friends/bandmates referred to them as Seattlica.

I actually liked the Black album. I thought it was a cool change as long as their next cd went back to the old sound/longer songstyle. Load/Reload was NOT what I had in mind. St. Anger should never have been released, period. DM shows promise for the future of Metallica. I'll admit I expected more, and hoped it would be a little more "thrashy", but it's a good "re-birth" for them. This cd was the last in their contract for Warner. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

• Members

Lars approves of the OP.

Unfortunately, I do not approve of Lars.

OP+Lars= Whiny bitches.

Oh yeah, the new album sucks. It didn't just need to be faster and heavier. It needed to be Metallica-the real one (1982-1988). Everything of theirs is fart fudge after that period.

• Members

I love teh gheyz. And they all understand Trivium is for girls.

It's not like "Tori Amos is for girls, but it's awesome and dudes can like it too", It's like the Hello Kitty of metal. Liking it doesn't make you Gay, or a girl, it makes you an idiot.

Ironic use of Hello Kitty Fenders not included in the aforementioned metaphor. Those things are just GREAT.

Holy cow, I thought that I was the only one who liked those things...unless you are being sarcastic. I bought one because my local guitar shop was putting them all on clearance. I was like, holy cow this neck is comfortable. The bass player in my band nearly {censored} a brick when I got it out of the gig bag. He was like, dude you are not taking that to a show or I am walking right out!

• Members
I like the album, but I can't stand listening to a recording that makes my speakers sound like they are blown.

You guys must have some crappy speakers.:p

While the album is mixed and mastered overly hot it still sounds great on my home stereo. I can crank the {censored} out of it and it still sounds clear.

• Members
You guys must have some crappy speakers.
:p

While the album is mixed and mastered overly hot it still sounds great on my home stereo. I can crank the {censored} out of it and it still sounds clear.

If you call Samson Rubicon R5As, CDT Eurosport gold series powered by JL 300/2 amp, and Axiom audio M22s powered by an NAD T753, or an Ipod running sure E500s all crapy then I would like to hear what you call a good system. These are all the systems that I listen to, and they are all very high quality. There is a lot of clipping in the mix, and not a nice musical distortion. Check out this video...

[YOUTUBE]DRyIACDCc1I[/YOUTUBE]

The mix done for GH3 was much better, lots of dynamics, more clarity.

BTW what speakers, and amp are you listening to that make it sound good??

• Members
:facepalm:
get your ears checked

I know exactly what everyone is talking about. I heard it big time on the downloads but I don't have a major issue with the actual CD.

Yes, the actual CD is still overly hot but not horrible. The GH3 version may be more clear but IMO it doesn't sound better. Maybe a better version of GH3 will come out but the 2 I have tried don't really make me love it more than the actual CD.

Archived