Get over it. Metallica owns all you haters.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members
Baz, youre embarrassing us Metallica fans
:facepalm:

Dude, if you were a fan you would be saying the same things. How is it ok to sit around and read all the BS that these losers spew every day. My God, they act like they are the deciding factor on whether a band is worthwhile or not. I'm sorry to tell them, in this case that was decided years ago.

I get tired of all the self absorbed BS these guys {censored} out of their mouths. What the {censored} have they ever done? Nothing.

I don't come on here telling them their band sucks or that some group they like sucks. But they have no problem doing it every day. Thats why this forum is the laughing stock of the internet.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Dude, if you were a fan you would be saying the same things. How is it ok to sit around and read all the BS that these losers spew every day. My God, they act like they are the deciding factor on whether a band is worthwhile or not. I'm sorry to tell them, in this case that was decided years ago.

I get tired of all the self absorbed BS these guys {censored} out of their mouths. What the {censored} have they ever done? Nothing.

I don't come on here telling them their band sucks or that some group they like sucks. But they have no problem doing it every day. Thats why this forum is the laughing stock of the internet.

It's just white noise on an internet forum. Lots of teens and even non-musicians populate this place, you just have to roll with it. :)

• Members

I like the record, but I'm not saying anyone else should. That's my personal opinion. I don't think you need to share it, but, how many guys get on this or any other board with the "it's horrible" or "they're horrible" or the "how can you like it" comment. If you don't like it, nothing wrong with that, but some of us like the band and the record,so we actually can listen to it and enjoy it.

• Members

{censored}, I was playing in clubs before a lot of you guys were born.

That is the problem on this forum. It's full of a bunch of experts with no cred.

Not me. I used to see Metallica and Exodus pre-guitarist swap at the The Stone on Broadway in SF. And apparently if Jaymz thinks his roughed up country music is metal, then I guess comparatively I AM an expert. While Jaymz is getting his Nashville on, the actual metalheads are listening to current stuff.

I remember why Metallica was great, because they were the heaviest, most advanced, most progressive and most innovative band out there. Now they play {censored} that gets outheavied by TRUCK COMMERCIALS. Are you seriously going to tell me that Meshuggah

Taken on it's own it may be tolerable, and if you like it, more power to ya, but it's metal for people that don't really like metal. As I have said before, they need to change their name to Mainstreamica, because there is no metal here.

You build your heritage (and a monumental money making machine) on being heavy and innovative only to puss out repeatedly and throw crap album after crap album at your fans, and you deserve every {censored}ing criticism thrown your way.

• Members
That 60% should spend their time making a name for themselves instead of tearing down another band. Especially one that pretty much made it possible for metal to be taken seriously as a music.

I'm waiting on the clips that show how the people on this forum can do better.

I agree with everything you have posted. The responses your thread has gotten are hilarious in a really sad way. Just a bunch of internet nobodies bitching about stuff they have the slightest clue about, just a worthless butthurt opinion is all they have to offer. I bet half of them can't even play guitar 1/1,000,000 as good as Kirk or James, if at all. Just laugh them off, I do. :thu:

• Members

Having an opinion isn't the issue. An opinion is something like " I think the new Metallica is solid, but I wish they would have done this or that differently." or " I don't really like the new Metallica because such and such wasn't like what I had hoped." or maybe even "I've never been much of a Metallica fan, so I'm not interested now."

But things like "Metallica sucks and has sucked for years." or "James Hetfields voice is the worst ever." or "Metallica sold out years ago." while being your opinion show that you place your opinion above another artist effort and work.

It doesn't really matter though. In the end you will like it or not. You guys will continue to tear Metallica down because you can't understand why they are big and famous and you aren't.

And honestly, outside of trolling today it doesn't matter to me one bit. You guys are so weak and pathetic that it's like candy from a baby to get you stirred up and pissing.

26 years from now, how many of you will even be playing music anymore? How many of you will be "famous" and wondering why all the kids on the forums give you such a hard time. That's what you do now. Do you think the same thing wouldn't happen to you?

Peace out suckers. Have a great week. RAR

Eric

• Members
It's just white noise on an internet forum. Lots of teens and even non-musicians populate this place, you just have to roll with it.
:)

Exactly. It's hard for me to get too upset about the whole Metallica thing when most of the posts on the forum are "Iz Lulz" and "Canz I havsz the brutalz ifs I don'ts even playz guitarzd?".

When I joined this forum in early 2001, the majority of posts were actually about tone, playing, equipment, etc. Then in about 2003 we started getting the "open asshole" picture posted (similiar to banned pics we have now), FAB amp talk, etc. The September 11th event and 2003 elections made things worse as well.

It is really noticable how much this place has changed, especially lately. People are more quick to attack someone and slam their gear, music choices, than they used to.

• Members
Zozobra- Actually I don't spend any time on youtube. Why would that matter. I don't feel the need to comment on everything like I am the world's expert. That is the problem on this forum. It's full of a bunch of experts with no cred.

It just read like an off the shelf youtube comment thats all :lol:

I never claimed credibility but I do have ears and a functioning brain so I can tell when I dont like something and why.

Anyway, a less trolly gathering of my thoughts on 'tallica...

I've not heard DM yet. I'm sure I will at somepoint but I dont feel the need to buy it or to go out of my way to hear it. My expectations are understandably low after St. Anger but I will I'm prepaired to give it a fair spin should I come across a copy.

For the record I have liked everything up to St. Anger (with the exception of S&M, which is the musical equivelent of masturbating infront of the mirror) and I've been a fan of metallica since I was 13. Simply put, St. Anger was a huge disapointment for me. I was in uni at the time and we had a party to mark the occasion. We played all the albums chronologically to get us in the metallica mood then on went St. Anger. It was like a bad man came in the room and poped all the balloons and then took a {censored} on the birthday cake. The mood was soured and the party collapased into bewilderment and confussion. We wanted it to be good. We listened to it trying to find a diamond in the rough. We even resorted to mild substance abuse to highten perception and hopefully enhance the experience but it was without yield. We couldn't lie to ourself and try and pass it off as being an ok album. It wasnt. Metallica can't just do an 'ok album'. It has to be {censored} hot. If it isnt {censored} hot then it isnt anything. I want to stick it on and be blown away by awesome. Like the first time you heard master of puppets as a kid and bettery kicks you square in the face and screams {censored} you right in the ear so hard you have wipe spittle off. That didnt happen with St. Anger. It was a compilation of 'ok bits' and filler fluff. No stand out tracks, a weak opener, its over produced and dont get me started on the snare.

Can you see why I dont hold up hope?

• Members

Its just that this is such a small group of people from the overall picture, none of the bashing here bothers me, they defenetly dont sway my opinion to what I like. Wanna annoy them back, for every Metallica bashing thread, start a positive one.

• Members

PlantBoy- Your comments show how little you know about the music biz. No matter what you read in magazines, all musicians want their music to be taken seriously. It is their art. It is very serious.

LOL!

Of course its serious. Metallica didn't suddenly make everyone say "Oh, hey, look metal is a serious type of music". Maybe it made you take metal seriously?

I guess thats why so many metal bands say "if you like our music, cool, if not, go {censored} yourself".

• Members

Having an opinion isn't the issue. An opinion is something like " I think the new Metallica is solid, but I wish they would have done this or that differently." or " I don't really like the new Metallica because such and such wasn't like what I had hoped." or maybe even "I've never been much of a Metallica fan, so I'm not interested now."

But things like "Metallica sucks and has sucked for years." or "James Hetfields voice is the worst ever." or "Metallica sold out years ago." while being your opinion show that you place your opinion above another artist effort and work.

It doesn't really matter though. In the end you will like it or not.

This is making my head hurt in all sorts of non-sexy ways.

• Members

This stupid bull {censored} is why I hardly ever post on here anymore. For years everyone has been bitching that they want a heavier and faster Metallica back. Well, what the {censored}. You get what you ask for and all everyone can do is tear it apart.

What it boils down to is this forum is filled with 99% guitar playing nobodys that no one in the real world cares about. And 100% of that 99% is so {censored}ing jealous of Metallica it stinks this place up for miles around.

Get the {censored} over it. No one on this forum has or ever will reach that level with their music. Can't all of you just concentrate on making your music better? Hell no, you've got to spend time tearing apart famous bands stuff.

This place is filled with a bunch of bitch ass pussies who can't man up and admit that even if you don't like it, it's still better than anything any of us is doing.

Death Magnetic isn't perfect and it's not exactly what I wanted. But I'm man enough to hear it for what it really is. A {censored}ing good metal album from a band thats been at it for well over two decades. Metallica has turned back to being a heavier band and you {censored}ers don't even like that. Bunch of sad losers.

Everyone should post up their music that is better. I'll tell you right now. I'm man enough to admit I don't have anything that would beat it. And I've never heard one thing on this forum that would beat it either.

Don't any of you even like music?

Even though most of what you said is true (the jelousy thing isn't IMO), you have to remember that there is no place on earth that has more hate for Metallica than HCAF. Posting this here is equivalent to going on a Black Panther forum and telling them how great white people are, have been, and will be.

I don't get the wasted energy used hating them. Its a strangely negative mindset. Things I dislike or are not interested in just don't come on my radar. I don't make a strange effort to find them and bash them. Weird. Does any of it matter? No. I like most of Metallica. So what. Millions of people like Metallica. Millions of people don't. So what.

LOTS OF WASTED ENERGY!!!

Archived