Get over it. Metallica owns all you haters.

BAZGUITARMAN

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what else are you supposed to do when bands release {censored}? let alone one of the biggest bands in the world

Lot's of people release {censored} and I don't feel the need to tell the world I think so over and over.

I wouldn't call this album a masterpiece by any means, but it's definately solid.

• Members
Thats like saying that because theyre big and famous that St Anger was better than anything anyone here can do.

:facepalm:

I would bet that at least 60% of the guys here could write a better album with a band than {censored}ing St Anger.

or that st anger was better than anything they were doing when they weren't AS famous.

• Members

I thought it had some real kickass moments. I like it. The one thing I don't like is Lars drum beats. I think he trys to have his own sound so bad that he plays off the music with these strange beats that I feel kinda take away from the impact of what everyone else in the band is doing.

I think a good mix of more straight forward beats mixed in with his signature timing would hold things together for a better back beat. James playing has more of an effect at keeping the timing than Lars drumming.

• Members

Lot's of people release {censored} and I don't feel the need to tell the world I think so over and over.

I wouldn't call this album a masterpiece by any means, but it's definately solid.

its like in sports though when the big time high paid athlete dosent perform, the other guys on the team never get criticized as much because they arent expected to perform on the level of the said player. If alex rodriguez gets up there and hits into a double play with runners in scoring position, with his track record and the money he makes hes going to get criticized more than if the average ball player. its the same thing with metallica and other bands, they are expected to put out something GREAT everytime, a solid album just dosent cut it.

• Members
a solid album just dosent cut it.

:idk: A solid album is cool with me. I love/like a lot of solid albums. I am pretty sure that if you were to tell me 25 years ago when I started listening to Metallica that they would release a solid album in 2008, I think I would be very cool with that. Not sure Alex Rodriguez will will be playing 25 years after he started anyway.
I like the fact that they are bazillionaires and they still put themselves out there to deal with all this kind of {censored}. They seem to still have some decent enough motivation to still do it.

• Members

Heard the album all the way for the first time on the weekend. I quite like it, which did surprise me.

Best they have done for a looooooooooong time. Kurt still {censored}s me however. I'm glad to get some solos back but his tone just blows and the solos don't have any direction. Just fast {censored}.

Oh well, James is still writing some great riffs though.

• Members
Thats like saying that because theyre big and famous that St Anger was better than anything anyone here can do.

:facepalm:

I would bet that at least 60% of the guys here could write a better album with a band than {censored}ing St Anger.

I agree 100%...hell I've written many songs which I think are better than that St. Anger crap...but I do like Death Magnetic!!

• Members

Sometimes threads don't turn out the way we planned.

Instead, you may get your ass reamed by the entire forum. No biggie, we still want you around.

Better luck next time.

I am with BAZ on this is well. It is pretty amazing in all of the intrawebz, you guys that hate Metallica can't find threads and topics that you actually like and are interested in to comment and discuss but you find the time to argue about a band you hate and have no interest in. Thats pretty sad actually. Why do you waste so much time on something you dislike so greatly? It seems to be beyond pathetic. If I see a topic I have an incredible dislike for, I skip it and move on to something I do like. Try one time, you might like it. Its a big internet out there people, surely you can find something you DO like.

Good luck, I know you can do it. Then again, I highly doubt it from what I read here on a daily basis. I literally may have lost alot of respect for a bunch of people here.

• Members

I am with BAZ on this is well. It is pretty amazing in all of the intrawebz, you guys that hate Metallica can't find threads and topics that you actually like and are interested in to comment and discuss but you find the time to argue about a band you hate and have no interest in. Thats pretty sad actually. Why do you waste so much time on something you dislike so greatly? It seems to be beyond pathetic. If I see a topic I have an incredible dislike for, I skip it and move on to something I do like. Try one time, you might like it. Its a big internet out there people, surely you can find something you DO like.

Good luck, I know you can do it. Then again, I highly doubt it from what I read here on a daily basis. I literally may have lost alot of respect for a bunch of people here.

This was one of the most anticipated metal/rock albums of the year. Why are you so surprised that we all heard it and wanted to talk about it? on a MUSIC FORUM no less. Giving opinions on the album is not sad. Some people get butthurt over the negative ones. This thread is {censored}ing sad.

• Members

I'm not jealous at all. If I was ever shallow enough to want to 'be someone else' then it'd be sanford parker of minsk/buried at sea or scott kelly of neurosis because they write cleaver and engaging music and have maintained integrity throughout their careers (and have {censored} hot tone).

I dont care how much stuff sells or how popular it is. Most of my favourite bands are signed to '{censored}ty little labels' and play dive clubs and they'll certainly never shift 10,000 copies of their badly produced recordings.

The band I'm in will probably never get signed and we'll play the aforementioned {censored}ty dive clubs forever but I dont give a {censored}. I'm doing it for {censored}s and giggles. Not to be some rock star. Its a release from the humdrum days of being a scientist.

LOL.

Sorry...I had to laugh. "Being a scientist".

• Members

This was one of the most anticipated metal/rock albums of the year. Why are you so surprised that we all heard it and wanted to talk about it? on a MUSIC FORUM no less. Giving opinions on the album is not sad. Some people get butthurt over the negative ones. This thread is {censored}ing sad.

I guess because it wouldnt have mattered what they did, people were going to hate it and hate them regardless of how it was. I really would love to see what of the bands that everyone here loves today puts out 25 years later.

WHy is it the most anticipated metal/rock albums to come out when everyone hates them?

To me it seems the other way around.....I think you guys are Butthurt because they didn't record Master Of Puppets 8 times in a row.

I also love the argument that they aren't the "heaviest" anymore. Thank God.

• Members

I guess because it wouldnt have mattered what they did, people were going to hate it and hate them regardless of how it was. I really would love to see what of the bands that everyone here loves today puts out 25 years later.

WHy is it the most anticipated metal/rock albums to come out when everyone hates them?

To me it seems the other way around.....I think you guys are Butthurt because they didn't record Master Of Puppets 8 times in a row.

I also love the argument that they aren't the "heaviest" anymore. Thank God.

Right....we all would all hate an album that we really liked. I do that all the time.

If my favorite band puts out a {censored} album 25 years later, Ill call it {censored}, and not make a butthurt thread.

We are butthurt? I havnt seen any cry baby threads likes this!

Archived