how to pronounce "Mesa"????

Emerica167852

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm Hispanic, but I say it May-suh, because I've had my heritage corrupted by the white man. You can call me Toby.

lol

from wikipedia

"The MESA name came about through Smith's other job, rebuilding Mercedes engines and repairing houses. He needed an 'official' sounding name through which to buy Mercedes parts and building supplies. The name chosen was MESA Engineering because it was seemingly familiar with a professional air. It was originally capitalized but has been written as Mesa in recent years."

:confused: i dont think this clears up the pronuciation though

• Members
It's really not a matter of opinion. The correct way to pronounce it is May-suh Boogie. Call them and ask them yourself. Mess-uh sounds like something someone from the hills of west virginia might call it.

This.

Also, anyone that says MEZZA is retarded. :thu:

• 11 years later...
  • Members
1 hour ago, daddymack said:

Mesa, table in Spanish...pronounce may-suh....

Same in English too.:lol:

I've owned 5 Mesa Boogie amp in day.

I was think about a Mark V at one time, but I went to physically  pick it and said,  What am I thinking. Great amp though.

• Members

It's an acronym for mechanical ENGINEERING something, something so technically it's meh-suh. If you've ever had technical difficulty with one, you might concur. Still, I talked to Tien and John Marshall several times last century and I don't recall anyone there saying "Mess uh Boogie, what's up?"

My boogie stuff is actually fine though, and is my primary guitar toan.

Archived