• Last Reply
  • Members

-Digitech GNX2

-DOD Grunge

-DOD Death Metal

-Boss PH-3

-
Boss OS-2

Because Guitar Center is full of crafty salesmen that can get a teenager's money. Except for the Death Metal since my buddy gave me that, and the OS-2 which I actually paid 90 bucks for because you couldn't find them anywhere when they came out.

Yeah, that pedal seemed cool, but why did I buy it???

• Members

tell that to Muse.

He has them both built into his guitar, which allows him to manipulate his controls, and in a rack drawer. I had mine on a normal pedalboard, and if you're unlucky enough to hit a knob when you kick it on, instead of getting the sound you're looking for, you get some high pitched squeal that sets your teeth on edge.

• Members
More like a support group.............

Ya know like DA - digitech anonymous :poke:

Me - "Hi........My name is Doublebarrel......and I bought an RP12"
:facepalm:

Group in unison - "Hi Doublebarrel"
:wave:

Therapist - "It's ok DB, let it out
:cry:
lets talk about it.

Where were you guys when I was selling Yamaha, then Zoom multi-effects? Couldn't give them away because "everyone wants a Digitech". I knew they sucked then, but none of you did.

• Members

rocktron gainiac i shoved that in the closet a few years ago cause it sucked ass.

rocktron gainiac II :facepalm: figured it would be better then the first one. its ontop of the first one in the closet

i had a boss metal zone but got rid of it for the dod death metal pedal :facepalm:and i want to buy another dod death metal pedal for some ungodly reason i keep telling myself for nostalgia

• Members

Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, Peavey XXX combo, Rocktron Replitone combo, Peavey Wolfgang EXP Korean guitar, DOD Grunge pedal, every chorus pedal I've ever owned.

Things I should've never gotten rid of: Line 6 Vetta II combo, TC Electronic G-Major, Hohner steinberger clone guitar.

• Members

I think you digitech owners missed with the wrong rp #..

Rp-5 Awesome in its crappiness not to mention the proprietary midi/power cable that came with it that would self destruct while you looked at it ins box. And tone........................................completely non existant unless you were trying to replace your digi-grunge pedal. Missed the radio shack mixer style verb on it too. I love my guitar to sound like its been placed within a metal shoe box.

• Members

The only "why'd a buy that" I have is my Pod X3 Pro. I already paid for a plugin that provides the same functionality (Pod Farm) and was seriously considering getting an Axe-FX when I bought it. As a consequence the thing has kind of sat here. I thought I would be using it live and did until I got the Axe. The X3 Pro is for sale if anybody is interested.

• Members

wow, i have a ton these... starting with:

randall rx120r - 2x12s, 120 watts of terrible sounding crap

line 6 flextone 3 (not the plus) - boring

digitech grunge - My first efx pedal, I turned both the treble and bass to the max!

boss metal zone - My 57 year old Dad still rawks this out

fender vibrolux reverb custom - I sold my Mesa for this?!

peavey classic 50 4x10 - Not a bad amp, but I sold a Classic 100 Full Stack w/ 4x10 and 1x15 two years previous

• Members
When I was (much) younger I bought a new Digitech GSP21 Pro. The million fullpage ads in Guitar World and Guitar for the Practicing Musician convinced me I needed it.
:lol:

My buddy had the tube digitech thingee and my pro never sounded as "cool" as his. Eventually I traded it in. THEN a week later I missed it and convinced myself it was perfect for me (again, after I already owned it once). REbought it and it still sucked.
:cry:
I don't know what happened to it from there, I am sure I sold it or traded it in, I just don't know where.

Looking back on it, if I had any idea how to dial in a guitar tone then (I hadn't been playing very long, it was 90' or 91') I may have gotten something decent out of it.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/DigiTech/GSP-21+Pro/10/1

Hell, posting this has made me nostalgic, I should see if I could find one.
:p

I used to own one of those too. About 91 or so. I ran it into a QSC power amp. :facepalm: I kept wondering why I couldn't get it to sound good. :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Moderators
I used to own one of those too. About 91 or so. I ran it into a QSC power amp.
I kept wondering why I couldn't get it to sound good.

I am sooo happy to hear I was not the only one who couldn't get anything but {censored} tones out of it! :D

• Members
I am sooo happy to hear I was not the only one who couldn't get anything but {censored} tones out of it!
:D

May have had more to do with the fact that:

a.) I was running it into a QSC PA power amp.
b.) I had no clue what I was doing.
c.) I was young and stupid.

The pedal was cool!!! lol

• Members

BBE Sonic Maximiser

I bought it because I fell hook, line & sinker for its marketing hype hoping it would thicken and tighten the crappy tone of my Line6 FlextoneII combo.

If failed, in spades :o . The only way I could get rid of it was to give it to my 15 year old cousin that occasionally plays guitar. He uses it as a doorstop and plays the drums instead.

Archived