Let's play "Why'd I buy that"?

Spizzledude

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

me too brother.

zentman, i'd probably buy that rockman thingy from you. No real use for it, but I dunno, there's only one thing that sounds like that.
:lol:

here i go again.
:facepalm:

I went right to a patch on my GP100 that sounded exactly like it but less noisy and better. The reverb on it sucks as well. That being said, I am gonna take it out of the rack and use it with my Steinberger on long car trips.

• Members

The Electra-Westone futura I bough...been trying to sell that {censored} at a reasonable price since, like, August of last year. Great bass, but apparently I'm the only person on earth who thought it was nifty enough to be worth purchasing.

• Members

I can look around my room and win this game.

Rocktron Chameleon.

MIM Tele

GMW Jake

PODxt Pro (actually HAD a use for it, and I traded my xt for it.. but still :facepalm:

Alesis QSR

MIM HSS/Floyd Strat (took the neck off the day I got it. Warmoth dint fit over the pickguard, chucked in closet...circa 2005)

Variax (cool for recording, when you need a mild imitation of a Rick/Tele/Dobro )

Ibz S420 (liked it enough to buy a S2170.... so closeted after 20 mins playing time...spare trem-parts)

It goes on and on....

• Moderators

I still have my RP-1 in the attic somewhere. You don't want to know how much I paid for that when it first came out.

I bought this, because the metal zone sucked.
:confused:

Dude, tell me about it... I think the GSP 21 was $800 new, which, to a 17 year old was like a million dollars at the time. Especially when I was making maybe $6 an hour and had to pay for it myself. :eek:

• Members

-Digitech GNX2

-DOD Grunge

-DOD Death Metal

-Boss PH-3

-Boss OS-2

Because Guitar Center is full of crafty salesmen that can get a teenager's money. Except for the Death Metal since my buddy gave me that, and the OS-2 which I actually paid 90 bucks for because you couldn't find them anywhere when they came out.

• Members

I have piles of this stuff! The things that comes to mind right off are the two, yes TWO, dead Peavey Classic 30s I've got. They're such a pain to take apart, I doubt I'll ever fix the damn things! WHY DID I BUY THOSE??? :idk:

• Members

The one thing I still wonder why I bought it is a Laney keyboard amp. And yeah, maybe a couple of DOD pedals I got at a clearance sale... that have probably been used all of ten minutes between the three of them.

Other than that, I have used all the stuff I

• Members

I bought the 20th Anniversary Ibanez RG550 on a whim one day while in Sam Ash.. Awesome guitar, dont get me wrong. Top notch player.. But I bought it when I didnt really have the money, so I had to sell some gear afterward to re-coup some cost.. And one of the things I sold was my beloved 88 Fender HM strat.. That strat was the heaviest sounding and best playing guitar I have ever owned. It had mojo times 1,000.... Now I don't even have the RG550.. HCAF forumite Nodachi does, and from what I can tell he is happy with it.. But I still miss that Fender...

• Members

Charlie Stringer's Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah. :facepalm:

DOD FX-75B flanger. never use it.

Tech 21 XXL to push into the front of my old Fender M-80. (because obviously my playing improves with distortion)

2 1/16" strat trem for 2 3/16" drilled strat body. FUK! :facepalm:

Pretty much all my gear since I am an inept string slapper at best.

Archived