Let's play "Why'd I buy that"?

Spizzledude

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've reigned in my gas to controlable levels so I'm not so bad for it these days.
I have a few things that I'll never sell because I wont get a good enough return on it and I dont need cash. Primariliy I'm talking about a VK112 which I may aswell use for practice and a trace elliot speedtwin which is a great amp but no ones ever heard of the {censored}er.

• Members
Charlie Stringer's Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah.
:facepalm:

+ 1 - That wah is uncontrolable, the sweep range is huge, but the useable sweep range is about .0025 inches apart somwhere in the middle of the pedal.

I also bought a Snarling Dogs Black Dog pedal at a closeout. Didn't need it. Sounds good, but my amp sounds better. But I'm a sucker for when the LED's in the eyes light up. :facepalm:

It's in my spam if anyone wants it. Does a great Lynch tone

• Members

Rocktron Gainiac. However, I made a 200% profit on it. Some dudes on Ebay kept fighting over it till it reached a rediculous bid:confused:.

Tech 21 trademark 60. The gain channel sounds like a Boss DS-1. However the clean is pretty good as a pedal platform. I drag it to gigs for a back-up

Marshall Jackhammer.:facepalm:

Digitech RP-6.

• Members

When I was (much) younger I bought a new Digitech GSP21 Pro. The million fullpage ads in Guitar World and Guitar for the Practicing Musician convinced me I needed it.
:lol:

My buddy had the tube digitech thingee and my pro never sounded as "cool" as his. Eventually I traded it in. THEN a week later I missed it and convinced myself it was perfect for me (again, after I already owned it once). REbought it and it still sucked.
:cry:
I don't know what happened to it from there, I am sure I sold it or traded it in, I just don't know where.

Looking back on it, if I had any idea how to dial in a guitar tone then (I hadn't been playing very long, it was 90' or 91') I may have gotten something decent out of it.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/DigiTech/GSP-21+Pro/10/1

Hell, posting this has made me nostalgic, I should see if I could find one.
:p

Georges St. Pierre had a Digitech endorsement? :lol:

Yeah, it was pricey in 1990 when it first came out...you're a damn fool...

Like I was...:lol:

600 {censored}ing bucks new...:facepalm: For some reason my 21 year old ass was thinking it might be better than the ADA MP-1 I had?

The fact that it was all in one with the awesome looking midi pedal was what did it for me.

The cleans were cool enough and FX were ok-the noise gate was {censored}ing horrendous-the distortion sucked ass. The right amount of distortion and FX yielded a passable tone.

I used to use the EuroRock preset with a few of my own tweaks. Had it for one year before I sold it. Its still in use by my friend...mostly for FX only.

• Moderators
Georges St. Pierre had a Digitech endorsement?

Yeah, it was pricey in 1990 when it first came out...you're a damn fool...

Like I was...

600 {censored}ing bucks new...
For some reason my 21 year old ass was thinking it might be better than the ADA MP-1 I had?

The fact that it was all in one with the awesome looking midi pedal was what did it for me.

The cleans were cool enough and FX were ok-the noise gate was {censored}ing horrendous-the distortion sucked ass. The right amount of distortion and FX yielded a passable tone.

I used to use the EuroRock preset with a few of my own tweaks. Had it for one year before I sold it. Its still in use by my friend...mostly for FX only.

lol dude, I could have bought the ADA MP1 or that, and because it was all brightly colored LEDs and a MIDI foot pedal and had the toanz from Joe Walsh, the guys from Priest, Brad Gillis etc etc I was like "I WIN!!!"

That unit totally turned me off of noise gats for LIFE and I hated how it didn't matter what guitar I had, all I heard was the unit. Have a humbucker? Still sounds like a strat on some of the clean channels. It didn't let the guitars natural tone come through.

That being said, I just bid $20 for one (w/out the pedal) on the bay after I made that post last night. I got up this morning and it was up to $50, I was like "Well F that..." :D

I had/have (but no longer use) the Fender M80 carpeted head with the rack spaces above that, so I used the clean channel on that as my power amp. :facepalm:

• Members

Crate Excalibur 220W head and cabinet in 1996 :facepalm:

Digitech RP7 in 1997/8? :facepalm:

Epiphone Les Paul Special II in 1998... thought I'd turn it into a 4 string and play Sepultura :facepalm:

Alesis SR16 in 2000 :facepalm:

To the OP: I have a Rockman X100, and its fun for certain things....

• Members
Crate Excalibur 220W head and cabinet in 1996

Digitech RP7 in 1997/8?

Epiphone Les Paul Special II in 1998... thought I'd turn it into a 4 string and play Sepultura

Alesis SR16 in 2000

To the OP: I have a Rockman X100, and its fun for certain things....

what's wrong with the RP7?

• Members

Zoom 1010 (My first foray into digital floor multifx) :facepalm: sold for 50 bucks...finally...last year.

Digitech RP-300A (My first foray into digital floor modelers). Still for sale.

Roland JC-120. Great price for it on clearance from local music store for 450 in 2007. That's probably the only reason I bought it. I think I may have had the delusion of running a two amp setup or somehow using my zoom g9 or a distortion pedal in front of it and using it live. Bought a used Sans amp GT2 pedal. Sounded OK through it, but just did not feel right. Sold the roland for 600 last year...WIN- it paid for the pedal and then some. I use the pedal to get some fender spank in my clean tone or add some crunch to it.

Digitech GSP-21-expensive piece of {censored}.

I think there must be an obsessive sickness among some tube amp owners to see if they can top their sound with SS...:facepalm:

Oh yeah, and that hooker with AIDS that was running a special...

• Moderators
Zoom 1010 (My first foray into digital floor multifx)
sold for 50 bucks...finally...last year.

Digitech RP-300A (My first foray into digital floor modelers). Still for sale.

Roland JC-120. Great price for it on clearance from local music store for 450 in 2007. That's probably the only reason I bought it. I think I may have had the delusion of running a two amp setup or somehow using my zoom g9 or a distortion pedal in front of it and using it live. Bought a used Sans amp GT2 pedal. Sounded OK through it, but just did not feel right. Sold the roland for 600 last year...WIN- it paid for the pedal and then some. I use the pedal to get some fender spank in my clean tone or add some crunch to it.

Digitech GSP-21-expensive piece of {censored}.

I think there must be an obsessive sickness among some tube amp owners to see if they can top their sound with SS...

Oh yeah, and that hooker with AIDS that was running a special...

lol check out my reply to you on the last page, I was running the digitech into ANOTHER solid state POS sound, to maximize my {censored}ty tone! :p

• Members

That unit totally turned me off of noise gats for LIFE and
I hated how it didn't matter what guitar I had, all I heard was the unit. Have a humbucker? Still sounds like a strat on some of the clean channels. It didn't let the guitars natural tone come through.

I never got to enjoy that little chestnut, because I only owned one guitar at the time...:lol:

B.C. Rich Gunslinger...if anyone is curious. Awesome guitar. Stolen...:cry: I wish someone stole that damn GSP21 Pro instead!

• Moderators
I never got to enjoy that little chestnut, because I only owned one guitar at the time...

B.C. Rich Gunslinger...if anyone is curious. Awesome guitar. Stolen...
I wish someone stole that damn GSP21 Pro instead!

I had a POS Squire strat and a POS Cort with 2 humbuckers. All I can think is that I must have had no idea how to dial in a guitar tone because I can't believe a company would release a flagship item that was virtually useless across the board. :mad:

• Members
Would we all just sob and apologize to each other for our poor decision making process?
:D

More like a support group.............

Ya know like DA - digitech anonymous :poke:

Me - "Hi........My name is Doublebarrel......and I bought an RP12" :facepalm:

Group in unison - "Hi Doublebarrel" :wave:

Therapist - "It's ok DB, let it out :cry: lets talk about it.

• Members
More like a support group.............

Ya know like DA - digitech anonymous :poke:

Me - "Hi........My name is Doublebarrel......and I bought an RP12"

Group in unison - "Hi Doublebarrel"
:wave:

Therapist - "It's ok DB, let it out
lets talk about it.

Hi, I am MZ. I bought a GNX4 but my insanity didn't stop there, I actually gigged with it. I have been Digitech clean for 6 months now.

• Members
Hi, I am MZ. I bought a GNX4 but my insanity didn't stop there, I actually gigged with it. I have been Digitech clean for 6 months now.

Hi MZ........welcome to DA :facepalm:..........your among friends

Note - this probably isn't helping the sale of my 2101 (see spam). Although that actually has a tube and sounds decent.

Archived