RIP - Susan White - My Mother

MattACaster

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That sucks. My Dad died at 52 from cancer (I was 19). It made getting married and having kids kinda hard in that regard. My girls ask about their grandfather and I feel bad that they won't know him.

Seriously Matt. My condolences.

Yeah, I feel the same way. There are a bunch of boxes in my paren't basement marked "For Sue's Grandkids". My mom loved kids and I'm sad she won't know any of her grandkids. My Mom's mom died when she was 22 so I'm sure she felt the same way. My Dad's dad died when he was 14.

Needless to say, I have a very small family.

• Members

oh my god man...Im so sorry to hear this. I hope you got the PM I just sent you. I know its not much, but atleast youll have a LP coming your way in the mail tomorrow morning. Mojo sent man, and Ill be sure to include something nice for you in the packaging. Again man, Im so sorry, mojo sent your way big time....

I lost my grandfather 3 years ago to cancer. I know its not the same as losing a mother, but man, I feel for you...I really do.

• Members

You know, I actually remember talking with her about it when I asked he about the tattoo on her foot.

hey matt, i'm here bawlin my {censored}ing eyes out, i made it to page 3 and had to stop reading. too close to home i hate knowing my friends are feeling this loss.

BUT i thought i'd tell you about my dad's last jab:

he wanted me to get that silly tattoo for a while ever since i brought it up years ago, so right before he went (so he'd get to see it) i looked up a tattoo shop in VA (where he was) and I went and got it - with flip flops on thanksgiving i went running over to the hospital a few blocks from the tattoo parlor he couldn't move so i had to climb up on his bed and i stuck my big foot right in his face. he proceeded to tell me that he was sorry i inherited his "big ugly nasty feet" I asked him if he liked the tattoo and he said "it's cool, but really, damy! you're feet are gnarly"

his/our humor very much got me through those times.

we're here if you need anything, really.

i'm deeply sad for you. :cry:

my condolences

• Members

Really sorry to hear that Matt. I lost my dad to blood cancer when I was 10 and although i'm 22 now I've never managed to really get over it. I knew for a year that he was gonna go, each day was one day closer to losing him, and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

Much mojo sent to you and your family. Keep her memory alive.

• Members

I know what your going threw, my mom died at 58, she was 53 and fought for 5 years. I believe she stayed those 5 years because of me, making sure I had my {censored} together. It was a miracle because when she found out at the begining it was stage 4. She is in a better place, God bless you and your family.

Archived