RIP - Susan White - My Mother

MattACaster

• Members

9/22/51 to 7/11/09

She was 57.

She had breast cancer a few year back that we though she beat. Within the last couple months it had come back and spread to her liver and bones. She was fine up until last week and then went steeply downhill after that.

She died Saturday night at home surrounded by her family. Best mother anyone could have ever had and a wonderful person. She will be missed.

Last picture I have of the family from May when we moved my brother into his new place down at school. My brother is on the left, I'm on the right and Mom and Dad in the center.

family.JPG

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very sorry to hear that, but at least you didn't wait until after she passed to express how much she meant to you. Mojo sent to you and your family. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Yeah, I'm glad that my last words to her when she could still hear me was "I love you.".

She pulled a Han Solo on me and said "I know.". :facepalm:

• Members

:cry:
Like I told you saturday mojo like crazy man. Brooke and I thought about you guys all weekend.

FYI I've got those stands from Thinkpad for you, I can drop em off whenever.

When are the services?

Services are Thurs from noon to 7:30pm. The funeral home is about 3 blocks fro my place.

• Members

Services are Thurs from noon to 7:30pm. The funeral home is about 3 blocks fro my place.

Well we're there if you want us.

And seriously if you need ANYTHING don't hesitate to ask, ANYTHING.

Even if its to drop by and feed cats or something, just say the word.

• Members

I appreciate it you guys.

The family is alright. I got a call at about 1pm on Sat from my Dad saying that the hospice nurse didn't think she was going to last the night. So myself and my girlfriend, my Dad's sister and my Mom's brother and wife all came over and kind of sat in shifts with her keeping an eye on things. My g/f was nice enough to go on a beer and pizza run for everyone.

At about 7:40PM I noticed her breathing got very shallow so I ran and got everyone. We all gather around and about 5 minutes later she took her last breath and I think a weird combination of sadness and relief washed over everyone.

Archived