RIP - Susan White - My Mother

MattACaster

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well we're there if you want us.

And seriously if you need ANYTHING don't hesitate to ask, ANYTHING.

Even if its to drop by and feed cats or something, just say the word.

Well you and Brooke are great friends of ours and you are certainly welcome to come by. But if you guys have other things going on or can't make it, it's cool. :)

I'll PM you the obit with the info.

• Members

At about 7:40PM I noticed her breathing got very shallow so I ran and got everyone. We all gather around and about 5 minutes later she took her last breath and I think a weird combination of sadness and relief washed over everyone.

I know the feeling, pretty much exact same scenario with my grandmother when I was in HS.

Brooke's dad passed only a little more than a year ago now, so she might be a good person to talk to if you need someone.

• Members

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing OK.

I worked in patient care at a hospital for 6 years, and did a fair amount of work on the Oncology floor.

Cancer is brutal. I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Yeah, it really is. Last week she was up and cheerful and, besides being a little tired, he usual self. The next time I saw her was when I stopped by to pickup to my Dad to get his kidney stones taken care of and she was really out of it. You could tell she was understanding what you were saying when you talked to her. Heartbreaking.

• Members
Well you and Brooke are great friends of ours and you are certainly welcome to come by. But if you guys have other things going on or can't make it, it's cool.
:)

I'll PM you the obit with the info.

We've got nothing that I know of, we'll be there.

• Members

I know the feeling, pretty much exact same scenario with my grandmother when I was in HS.

Brooke's dad passed only a little more than a year ago now, so she might be a good person to talk to if you need someone.

Yeah, it's not an easy thing to sit through. This is my first time with something like this. My Granda died right after I got out of high school but I wasn't there for it and I wasn't involved in any of the planning for services.

I actually started getting light headed when I was sitting with her because I'd hold my breath every time her breathing changed.

You know, I actually remember talking with her about it when I asked he about the tattoo on her foot.

I appreciate the offer.

Archived