OT:THIS UPSETS ME SO BADLY..............

Chrisjd

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the story I read a while back about illegals getting dumped by their "coyote" in the desert, which was 119 degrees. They inevitably start to get heat stroke and some are starting to die when one of em pulls out a {censored}ing cell and calls for emergency help. They all got helicopter rides out of the desert into hospital beds..... U.S.A.!!!

• Members
COME THE {censored} ON, MAN!

You're right. All of the people who live here are people who were born here.

We owe nothing to to generations of immigrants who literally carried this country on their backs for decades.

And please, keep lumping these people in the same category as thieves, murderers and rapists. It makes perfect sense.
:facepalm:

I have NOTHING AGAINST IMMIGRANTS. My mom, my grandparents and a number of my friends are immigrants.

But they did it LEGALLY. :idea:

My wife works with a dental assistant from Mexico, we're friends with her and her husband. She spent 4 years and a decent amount of $$'s to come to the US legally. It infuriates her that people would even consider giving amnesty to the criminals that bypass the systems she had to work through.

If they break the law, they're in the same category as thieves IMO.

• Members

I'd give more credence to the "Minuteman" crowd if they supported tougher penalties for companies that exploited illegal labor - entire industries rely on undocumented workers to keep costs down, avoid labor laws, and to maintain a "captive" workforce - but that would mean that you'd pay more for services you enjoy.

The fact is that companies and their lapdog representatives work really hard to keep the status quo going so they get cheap labor on both sides of the border - cheaper Mexican factories, as well as undocumented workers, an IMMENSELY valuable resource for a variety of US companies and industries. THOSE are the people you should be pissed at. But as long as they can misdirect people towards throwing their xenophobic rage at people trying to escape poverty and lawlessness, they can spend more time stuffing fistfuls of cash into their pants.

Believe me, these companies spend MILLIONS to keep things exactly the way they are.

Because I always have to explain this, I'm not justifying or advocating decriminalizing illegal immigration, and I don't believe access to social services should be given to IAs. But I'm also smart enough to not to simply complain about "dey took er jerbz!" without looking at the entire mechanism. Until we can cut off this problem at the source, i.e. American boardrooms, people will come across the border filled with promises MADE BY US COMPANIES of streets paved with gold.

This is all without going into the drug trade - both stuff like pot and coke, and prescription stuff. It's a {censored}ing mess, and it sucks all the way around.

• Members

Since I won't have the ACTUAL facts on hand, I'll go ahead and do that once I get home, don't worry.

Also, recall that the information you posted takes into account "$200 billion in supressed wages for American citizens" which makes me facepalm to no end...oh, that and HALF OF THAT INFO WAS REPORTED BY LOU {censored}ING DOBBS.

I have NOTHING AGAINST IMMIGRANTS. My mom, my grandparents and a number of my friends are immigrants.

But they did it LEGALLY.
:idea:

My wife works with a dental assistant from Mexico, we're friends with her and her husband. She spent 4 years and a decent amount of $$'s to come to the US legally. It infuriates her that people would even consider giving amnesty to the criminals that bypass the systems she had to work through.

If they break the law, they're in the same category as thieves IMO.

Breaking the law is one thing, but the "They get what they deserve/it's not our problem" mentality [warning: incendiary comment forthcoming] is just how Americans felt during the {censored}ing holocaust.

• Members

I'd give more credence to the "Minuteman" crowd if they supported tougher penalties for companies that exploited illegal labor - entire industries rely on undocumented workers to keep costs down, avoid labor laws, and to maintain a "captive" workforce - but that would mean that you'd pay more for services you enjoy.

The fact is that companies and their lapdog representatives work really hard to keep the status quo going so they get cheap labor on both sides of the border - cheaper Mexican factories, as well as undocumented workers, an IMMENSELY valuable resource for a variety of US companies and industries. THOSE are the people you should be pissed at. But as long as they can misdirect people towards throwing their xenophobic rage at people trying to escape poverty and lawlessness, they can spend more time stuffing fistfuls of cash into their pants.

Believe me, these companies spend MILLIONS to keep things exactly the way they are.

Because I always have to explain this, I'm not justifying or advocating decriminalizing illegal immigration, and I don't believe access to social services should be given to IAs. But I'm also smart enough to not to simply complain about "dey took er jerbz!" without looking at the entire mechanism. Until we can cut off this problem at the source, i.e. American boardrooms, people will come across the border filled with promises MADE BY US COMPANIES of streets paved with gold.

This is all without going into the drug trade - both stuff like pot and coke, and prescription stuff. It's a {censored}ing mess, and it sucks all the way around.

I think the business' that abuse this need to have severe penalty if found guilty of hiring illegal immigrants. That is a huge part of the problem and just fans the flames.

• Members
The real failure is YOU.....

1. Did anyone FORCE them into the trailer? No

2. They're {censored}ing CRIMINALS. I'm not saying that I wish them dead and I'm pretty certain ChrisJD doesn't either, but if you take a chance performing a CRIMINAL act and get killed in the process, sorry but my give-a-{censored} is broken.

3. Giving these people amnesty as many libs are supporting is a SLAP IN THE FACE to those who worked hard to emigrate into this country LEGALLY.

I agree

• Members

I can't believe I'm saying this to you but I agree. I have NO problem paying a bit more for services because I firmly believe that it will be paid back in the end through less parasitic drain on our gov't and healthcare system.

A perfect example is the recent Florida court ruling in favor of a hospital who deported an illegal back to South America. He had been in the hospital for a LONG time and had incurred $1.5 MILLION in healthcare costs that he no means of paying. :rolleyes:

• Members

My dad was an illegal immigrant - came up during the 70s when El Salvador was going through its Civil War. He was the last to come up from his immediate family, paid a coyote to get him across the border. He broke his wrist hopping a fence and was knocked unconscious - and the coyote left his ass.

He was eventually granted citizenship (via amnesty) during the Reagan administration. He works hard and gives back to community. Not all illegals are bad :idea: Though it is a sad fact that a lot of them are up to no good. And getting here legally isn't always a possibility, particularly if the situation is immediate and dire.

Those coyotes/smugglers can really be some ruthless mofos. And I agree that immigrants can are a financial burden, but I wouldn't say the situation is as clear cut as "all imigrants are bad m'kay?".

• Members
I'm sure it's much to
LIBERAL
for you, but if you ever get a chance, you should check out a film called "A Day Without A Mexican".

Do you have any idea what it would do to industries like the agricultural industry or the construction industry in this country if suddenly there were no illegal immigrants to exploit? Hell even the service industry (in reference to janitorial/maid jobs, not so much food service)

These people do work that "Americans" would never deign worthy of their time. The old "they're stealing our jobs!" mantra is such contrived bull{censored} that it makes me sick.

In the span of problems facing the United States, illegal immigration has been and always will be a blip on the radar compared to all the other {censored} we have on our plate (not to mix metaphors)

What happens to the economy, at the state level, when these illegal immigrants get paid and instead of spending money in America, giving back to the economy, decide to send all of it to mexico only to fuel their economy?

Or, is that such a small radar blip too, that it isn't a problem? :freak:

• Members
My dad was an illegal immigrant - came up during the 70s when El Salvador was going through its Civil War. He was the last to come up from his immediate family, paid a coyote to get him across the border. He broke his wrist hopping a fence and was knocked unconscious - and the coyote left his ass.

He was eventually granted citizenship (via amnesty) during the Reagan administration. He works hard and gives back to community. Not all illegals are bad
:idea:
Though it is a sad fact that a lot of them are up to no good. And getting here legally isn't always a possibility, particularly if the situation is immediate and dire.

Those coyotes/smugglers can really be some ruthless mofos. And I agree that immigrants can are a financial burden, but
I wouldn't say the situation is as clear cut as "all imigrants are bad m'kay?"

+1

Or even as clearcut as saying all ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are bad...

They do have a debt to repay to American society for their crimes though, I just think they should fulfill their obligations in the form of heavy taxation and community service/labor:cop:

• Members

Do you have any idea what it would do to industries like the agricultural industry or the construction industry in this country if suddenly there were no illegal immigrants to exploit?

I dunno about in America, but here in Canada a lot of farms aren't required to pay their staff. At all. Well, no wait, they get a stipend and free room and board. In my part of the country, there are a lot of Jamaicans and Dominicans who are hired over the summer and paid virtually nothing (I can't personally speak as to how many of them may or may not be illegal).

Many of these farmers will tell you, with a straight face, that there is no {censored}ing way they could afford to pay minimum wage to these workers ($8.60/hr here in Nova Scotia, going up to $9.65/hr next fall).

• Members
I can't believe I'm saying this to you but I agree. I have NO problem paying a bit more for services because I firmly believe that it will be paid back in the end through less parasitic drain on our gov't and healthcare system.

A perfect example is the recent Florida court ruling in favor of a hospital who deported an illegal back to South America. He had been in the hospital for a LONG time and had incurred $1.5 MILLION in healthcare costs that he no means of paying.
:rolleyes:

Part of the problem there: the 1.5 million dollars in health cost.

For the record, if you were to go to, say The U.K. illegally and have a massive heart attack that they were able to correct with surgery...say a bypass which required bed rest and lots of hospital stay time, you know what would happen on the day you were discharged?

"Thank you, goodbye."

NO 1.5 MILLION DOLLAR BILL. Weird, right? And to think, the U.K. isn't in any worse of a situation financially than we are...Hmm...

All hypothetical of course.

• Members

is just how Americans felt during the {censored}ing holocaust.

Really?, I wasn't around then so I wouldn't know. Hell, I heard that many/most german citizens didn't know what was going on then. I am shocked and must consider joining you in your self loathing/shame in this despicable country.

• Members

Part of the problem there: the 1.5 million dollars in health cost.

For the record, if you were to go to, say The U.K. illegally and have a massive heart attack that they were able to correct with surgery...say a bypass which required bed rest and lots of hospital stay time, you know what would happen on the day you were discharged?

"Thank you, goodbye."

NO 1.5 MILLION DOLLAR BILL. Weird, right? And to think, the U.K. isn't in any worse of a situation financially than we are...Hmm...

All hypothetical of course.

What about when all the IA workers send their paychecks to mexico?

• Members

No,
{censored}s our country over so much and in so many ways. Your thing is not that big of a deal. So save your xenophobic rants for the militia meetings.

IMO, when considering how many people get across the border illegally, they're both big deals. But the ones screwing over our country's economy to get richer are the ones I nearly hate while I really can't blame the illegal immigrants who are only desperate for better lives than the ones they're risking their lives to get away from.

• Members

:lol: Newsflash dude, both the US and UK are in some sorry-ass financial shape right now (with Obama making it worse every day) and this is one of the reasons. :idea:

• Members

Let's say you were in a situation where you had no money, no job, an EXTREMELY corrupt government that can't keep its country safe, and no hope of any of that changing. What would you do?

I'm not saying border-hopping is right or wrong, but I am saying that I understand why these people (and that's what they are- human {censored}ing beings) do what they do. Desperate situations make us act desperately- for many people, risking death via dehydration/heatstroke/starvation, imprisonment, and persecution from an unsympathetic majority just for the possibility of slightly improving your lot is well worth it.

Sometimes the inability of people to put themselves in the shoes of others boggles my mind.

Archived