How can you guys afford those $1500+ amps?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, it's one of the only things I spend money on. I don't buy fancy clothes, I don't buy fancy watches or other Aberzombie accessories, I wear BDU shorts and stupid t shirts, I'm single, I eat simply - I live like a really perverted monk with a nice media setup. I spend money on music, movies, and band stuff. That's pretty much it.

• Members

Would you put yourself on a financial tightrope for a piece of gear?

Not so much spending all of your money, but having a big $2k credit debt out there?

What if you really don't even need the gear?

No. Just save. Racking up debt for gear = FAIL. ( I guess maybe not if you're 100% certain you can pay it back off quickly to avoid paying much interest + if its nowhere near maxing your credit limit.)

• Members

No credit for toys, cash only.

I remember when these kids here several years ago were buying stuff from MF on MF credit cards and spamming them here to raise money for gear :lol::cop:

The funny shit was that they were all excited about their brilliance and told everyone about it :facepalm:

• Members

Oh yeah, the kids that bragged about using college loans to buy gear.....................
:facepalm:

Same thing as above. Biggest facepalm moment I've ever experienced on here. What's better than buying a $3k piece of unnecessary gear on credit? Paying 6% interest over 20 years on something that most of those retards ended up selling when they lost interest and moved on.

So many retards with little to no patience, and too much "gotta have it now no matter what the true cost" attitude. It's just gear. I'd rather play through a Squier and a cheap amp... oh wait, I did do this. For years.

Archived