How can you guys afford those $1500+ amps?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

By not having much of a life. :lol: It's hard to afford thousands of dollars in gear if you're out chasing ass and partying all the time.

I don't make a ton of money but it was important to me to get exactly what I wanted. Sometimes you've gotta sacrifice. Now I have pretty much everything I want/need and can join the world of the living again.

• Members

I'd just say there are alot of varying incomes here as with anywhere/forum. You have 13 year olds here who make $0 and you have successful business people that make $150K and up. I have some nice gear but I guarantee you my income to gear bought ratio is waaaaaay lower than lots of guys here. Most people suck at financial decisions.

• Members
Honestly, it's one of the only things I spend money on. I don't buy fancy clothes, I don't buy fancy watches or other Aberzombie accessories, I wear BDU shorts and stupid t shirts, I'm single, I eat simply - I live like a really perverted monk with a nice media setup. I spend money on music, movies, and band stuff. That's pretty much it.

+1

I don't spend much outside of music stuff. I don't go out much at all, done have fancy clothes, don't have a fancy car or anything. If there's something I need to save for, I can put away whatever percentage of my pay each month into a separate account and let it build up. :idk:

• Members

Guitar gear is relatively cheap. Look at the price of a decent drum set with cymbals or a baby grand piano. Have you ever looked at the price for some windwood instruments?

Some guys think nothing of dropping $100/week to play golf. Guitar stuff is my hobby and pretty much a bargain.

• Members

I have purchased things over the years and then sold and traded to get other things I wanted. However, over the last 2 years I spent some money out of pocket to get what I want. My husband is not exactly thrilled but I don't spend money that we don't have, our bills are all paid (no credit card debt), food is on the table and we are still able to save for retirement and college for the kiddies. We don't live outside of our means and we don't go out a lot nor do we travel more than once a year.

Archived