How can you guys afford those $1500+ amps?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While Ive never bought a $1500 map Ive got many thousands of dollars in gear. Most expensive piece of guitar gear I have bought was a 2205 for around $850. I sold it in less than a year and made my money back. My drum kit was a bit over 1k, however. Im like a lot of other members here. I dont: go out much, spend money I dont have, run up CC bills, buy nice cloths, smoke or do drugs, etc. A good bit of my gear is from flipping. My gear is almost all equity lol. I dont over pay and rarely buy new. I can not justify buying gear anymore, so I'll have to sell/trade for it.

I do know people who have WAY too much {censored}, be it gear, cars, or other toys they literally do not use. At least all my stuff gets used nearly daily. I also know people who literally blow $200-300 on drugs on a weekend. F that.

• Members

Honestly, it's one of the only things I spend money on. I don't buy fancy clothes, I don't buy fancy watches or other Aberzombie accessories, I wear BDU shorts and stupid t shirts, I'm single, I eat simply - I live like a really perverted monk with a nice media setup. I spend money on music, movies, and band stuff. That's pretty much it.

+1,000,000

• Members
Honestly, it's one of the only things I spend money on. I don't buy fancy clothes, I don't buy fancy watches or other Aberzombie accessories, I wear BDU shorts and stupid t shirts, I'm single, I eat simply - I live like a really perverted monk with a nice media setup. I spend money on music, movies, and band stuff. That's pretty much it.

I'm very much the same. I wear Carhartts and Vans sneakers. I almost never dine out and seldom go to movies. I've never paid for cable TV. I'd love to have a boat and a snowmobile, but instead I have lots of guitars and amps. I've never even gone away on vacation since I left my parents' home 20 years ago. :cry:

• Members

World needs ditch {censored}ing diggers too.

I did this and worked at a deli after the sun went down for 2 years in college (while trying to juggle classes) I say trying becuase I got terrible grades those 2 years and used the money to buy my gear at the time.

JoshuaTSP, establish a budget and decide what you HAVE to spend to stay alive like rent, utilities, budget out an average $$ for what you spend on food and then take what's left over, decide how much you can put towards gear and how much to put away into a nest egg.

Archived