REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Members

, but I think he's one of the worst guitar players I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good. . . This guy is out of tune, and his vibration... what is it? Vibrato. Oh my god. It sounds like a beginner."

He continued, "Back in the '80s, he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What?! That guy is terrible.'

"I hate to say that because I might meet him one day.

"What's he play in? MEGADETH? METALLICA? Is he in METALLICA? Oh, then I have no problem doing that because in their biggest video, 'Nothing Else Matters', when they threw darts at a poster of Kip Winger, and then they showed it live

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can't seriously be this {censored}ing stupid, can you?

Mr. "ZOMG, METUHL IZ SOW MUHCH HARDUR TWO PLAE DAN ANEE UTHR MYOOZICKS SOW ITS BETUR!"

It really is fascinating how the concept of irony is so difficult for you to grasp, yet so effortless for you to execute!
:lol::facepalm:

Youre retarded. Ive always been a firm believer that writing > technicality. That does not change the fact that metal is the most technically impressive music. Is that concept too difficult for you to grasp?

• Members

Youre retarded. Ive always been a firm believer that writing > technicality. That does not change the fact that metal is the most technically impressive music. Is that concept too difficult for you to grasp?

Wrong. That's just not correct.

• Members

Well...Some very interesting points, valid arguments and well presented contrasts regarding these two players. That being said, perhaps we should try and simplify a little bit in an effort to conclude this controversy:

IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF WINGER...YOU REALLY DON'T GET TO CRITICIZE ANY MEMBER OF METALLICA FOR ANYTHING.

In fact, as a member WINGER...Your choices of who CAN criticize are VERY limited...Just my opinion.

• Members

You're actually doing it AGAIN and calling me "retarded"... CLASSIC!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL!!!

You just can't write {censored} that funny! :lol:

Come on, admit it, you and Russ are alts! :lol:

• Members

doesnt mean your right :poke:

The 1980s had some of the best guitar players - EVER! Now was there some cheese and bull{censored}? yea sure but there was some AMAZING guitar playing for that decade, not even debatable

:cop:

PS ----- Metallica > Winger

.......... Reb Beach > Kirk

:idea:

The 80s sucked.

• Members

You're actually doing it AGAIN and calling me "retarded"... CLASSIC!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL!!!

You just can't write {censored} that funny!
:lol:

Come on, admit it, you and Russ are alts!
:lol:

Do you realize for the last year everytime weve disagreed instead of coming up with a logical argument you resort to childish insults?

• Members

Mike. I realize you're the biggest troll in the world. But you have to be {censored}ing kidding me.
:facepalm:

What is more technical? Jazz? Classical? Give me a {censored}ing break. Im not saying metal is the best music out there, it is without a doubt the most technical.

• Members

What is more technical? Jazz? Classical? Give me a {censored}ing break. Im not saying metal is the best music out there, it is without a doubt the most technical.

Technical as in fastest? Technical as in hardest? Classical anything can be more technical than metal guitar for the simple fact that not only do you have to play retardedly fast, but you also have to have complete control of dynamic nuances, which you do not when you stack up the gain. Accents on the downbeats when you're trem picking =/= completely physical control.

• Members

Reb is gay and so is his dated playing.

Kirk is timeless. There is so much jealously aimed at him. I just saw an interview with Satriani describing Kirk as awesome and it was amazing to provide some lessons with the famous guitarist. That says it all.

• Members

Originally Posted by mike moriarty

comedy gold right here :lol:

• Members

Reb is gay and so is his dated playing.

Kirk is timeless. There is so much jealously aimed at him. I just saw an interview with Satriani describing Kirk as awesome and it was amazing to provide some lessons with the famous guitarist. That says it all.

• Members

Technical as in fastest? Technical as in hardest? Classical anything can be more technical than metal guitar for the simple fact that not only do you have to play retardedly fast, but you also have to have complete control of dynamic nuances, which you do not when you stack up the gain. Accents on the downbeats when you're trem picking =/= completely physical control.

It really depends on what kind of metal you are talking about because there are so many different genres. Classical music is not more technical than technical deathmetal and thats a fact. It has more layers, more instruments, but it is not more technical.

Archived