REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Members

Reb can play guitar but I haven't heard a single thing from him that I would consider good, other than guitar solos. Not a single song or riff worth remembering. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the fact he mentioned Kirk Hammett, no one would have paid attention to this interview or even know it happened. Maybe he decided to bash other players for attention, since his playing/writing hasn't helped him much since 1989.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone who feels this way obviously wasn't there. That's ok though, there are probably alot of trolls like yourself from the 80's that feel the same way about the current generation of music. Suffice to say, all generations of music have their good/bad points.

yeah your right,...IF YA LIKE HE-SHES WITH BRACELETS,..AND!!...OH AND GET THIS!!,...LEATHER CHAPS!!!....HENHEHEHEHEEEEEEE

DID YA HEAR ME!!....CHAPS!!!....BAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA

but seriously folks,...typical 80's crap...a very bad time to be a guitarist,..i honestly dont get why anyone would like that,....unless ya like cheesey,..cliche,..scales,...nothing new,....dosent break one rule,...and to be great...or to be even good!,..you have to break rules,..other wise......same ole,...same ole........this is the type of crap that killed the guitar gods,..i say we kill all the 80's pukes!

• Members

Reb can play guitar but I haven't heard a single thing from him that I would consider good, other than guitar solos. Not a single song or riff worth remembering. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the fact he mentioned Kirk Hammett, no one would have paid attention to this interview or even know it happened. Maybe he decided to bash other players for attention, since his playing/writing hasn't helped him much since 1989.

you're a bit off there. I can't particularly remember any riff written by Shawn Lane, does that mean he wouldn't be qualified to comment on the fact how terrible Kirk Hammett is? That would be saying Steve Gadd wouldn't be as good a drummer as Lars Ulrich, because he hasn't written anything as famous as Metallica songs.

1. Being famous =/= quality. It just means you wrote something that appeals to a large demographic.

2. Writing hits has NOTHING to do with the individual quality of a musician. Hell, Neil Young made a career out of being a terrible guitarist and singer

3. The whole "yes, but he is famous so therefore nananana" reeks of fanboi-ism

• Members

you're a bit off there. I can't particularly remember any riff written by Shawn Lane, does that mean he wouldn't be qualified to comment on the fact how terrible Kirk Hammett is? That would be saying Steve Gadd wouldn't be as good a drummer as Lars Ulrich, because he hasn't written anything as famous as Metallica songs.

1. Being famous =/= quality. It just means you wrote something that appeals to a large demographic.

2. Writing hits has NOTHING to do with the individual quality of a musician. Hell, Neil Young made a career out of being a terrible guitarist and singer

Dude, shut up, i just found a picture of the best guitar player ever.

madonnaguitarap_468x645.jpg

Although all kidding aside, she probably is better than Kirk

• Members

blah blah .. what a bunch of bull{censored}. Winger was a POP band, they wrote songs specifically tailored to appeal to a large demographic. They just FAILED at it.

We're not talking about a jazz or instrumental band here.

• Members

^^^This

• Members

Anyone who feels this way obviously wasn't there. That's ok though, there are probably alot of trolls like yourself from the 80's that feel the same way about the current generation of music. Suffice to say, all generations of music have their good/bad points.

thats just it bro,...i was there,...and before there actualy,..so get you facts straight,..anyone...AND I MEAN ANYONE!!!,...WHO LOOKS UPON THE 80'S HAIR BAND DAYS WITH GLEE,...(YA HOMO!),...DONT KNOW MUSIC!!!...OR WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A GUITARIST...

• Members

Reb's pretty good in Whitesnake as Doug Aldrich's rhythm player. :o

Seriously, though, Reb can rip, but although he's come up with a few cool riffs (I actually think the riff to Seventeen is pretty badass), he's not much of a writer at all. Pretty much the reason he's been a perennial hired-gun playing other people's music ever since Winger disappeared. (Although I think they're actually touring again.)

Anyway, here's Reb getting pwned by Andy Timmons if anyone's interested...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

blah blah .. what a bunch of bull{censored}. Winger was a POP band, they wrote songs [specifically tailored to appeal to a large demographic.
They just FAILED at it.

We're not talking about a jazz or instrumental band here.

The self-titled debut, was released in 1988 on Atlantic, achieved platinum status in the United States, and gold in Japan and Canada.

In 1990, the band was nominated for an American Music Award for "Best New Heavy Metal Band". Shortly after, WINGER released its second album "In the Heart of the Young", which went platinum in the U.S. and gold in Japan.

WOW, if that is failure, SIGN ME UP!! Not to mention the world wide tours, shows in front of thousands of people, endorsements and an endless stream of {censored}. I want to fail too.

• Members

The self-titled debut, was released in 1988 on Atlantic, achieved platinum status in the United States, and gold in Japan and Canada.

In 1990, the band was nominated for an American Music Award for "Best New Heavy Metal Band". Shortly after, WINGER released its second album "In the Heart of the Young", which went platinum in the U.S. and gold in Japan.

WOW, if that is failure, SIGN ME UP!! Not to mention the world wide tours, shows in front of thousands of people, endorsements and an endless stream of {censored}. I want to fail too.

yeah no {censored}. Problem with that is he's not comparing himself to you, he's comparing himself to Hammett, who made more money last year than he did on his whole career, despite the fact that HIS band was WAY MORE pop-oriented than Metallica has ever been even on their worst days. No wonder he's bitter.

• Members

Regardless of how good either Reb Beach of Kirk Hammett are as players, what Reb Beach said in that interview IMO shows how unprofessional he is talking like that about another musician.

who gives a {censored} about professionalism?? its rock and roll. there should be more of this {censored}.

Archived