REB BEACH: KIRK HAMMETT Is One Of The Worst Guitar Players I've Ever Heard

RaceU4her

• Members

yeah no {censored}. Problem with that is he's not comparing himself to you, he's comparing himself to Hammett, who made more money last year than he did on his whole career,
despite the fact that HIS band was WAY MORE pop-oriented than Metallica has ever been even on their worst days.
No wonder he's bitter.

he didnt compare himself to hammet, someone else did and his response was "thats too bad"

anyone who has put time into becoming a halfway decent guitarist might have the same response to being likened to hammet, i know i sure would

who wants to be compared to a hack like kirk? :poke:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah no {censored}.
Problem with that is he's not comparing himself to you,
he's comparing himself to Hammett, who made more money last year than he did on his whole career,
despite the fact that HIS band was WAY MORE pop-oriented than Metallica has ever been even on their worst days.
No wonder he's bitter.

I know that, I'm just calling you out on your statement that "they failed at it" which they did not.

• Members

who gives a {censored} about professionalism?? its rock and roll. there should be more of this {censored}.

LOL.

I'm just not a big fan of badmouthing, especially among famous people. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, this seems to be Reb Beach's only way to get some attention. Pretty poor IMO :idk:

• Members

Winger WAS great, they are just remembered as terrible due to some revisionism. They topped the charts and wrote what that era was looking for. Kip Winger was actually a great writer who will unfortunately be remembered for the big hair and spandex of that era. Funny that they walked the line and got away with it, but it killed the career of Billy Squier. Actually Kip Winger was a badass in comparison.

The guys wearing black Metallica concert Ts and living in their moms basement watching Beavis and Butthead reruns are the only ones still carrying the "winger sux" torch. Grow up.

Um...no. I remember Winger's time in the sun, and they were a huge joke then. I liked a few of their songs, basically because of Reb's playing, but Kip Winger's ballet moves and pretty boy image was the selling point of that band.

• Members

Hamlet may not be the most technically impressive player alive but the mother{censored}er knew how to WRITE awesome, memorable lead lines, which is more than you can say about gay ass Whitesnake.

unfortunately he could never play them accurately :cop:

and i have to say that most of his leads are pretty blah, people listen to metallica for hetfield, not hammet

• Members

Hamlet may not be the most technically impressive player alive but the mother{censored}er knew how to WRITE awesome, memorable lead lines, which is more than you can say about gay ass Whitesnake.

This.....but hell any HCAF noob could have done that....:facepalm:

• Members

LOL.

I'm just not a big fan of badmouthing, especially among famous people. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, this seems to be Reb Beach's only way to get some attention. Pretty poor IMO
:idk:

well, he did say in the thing metallica had no problem playing a video of them throwing darts at a winger poster every night to 20 thousand people so he had no problem saying hammett sucks. i say they just fight

• Members

well, he did say in the thing metallica had no problem playing a
video of them throwing darts at a winger poster every night
to 20 thousand people so he had no problem saying hammett sucks. i say they just fight

well, that is just as :facepalm: on 'tallica's side.

• Members

The Hammett of yesterday was a decent guitarist, who came up with memorable leads. HIs vibrato always sucked. The Hammett of today is a pale shadow of his former self, and he's become lazy and wah dependent.

I have to agree here. I actually think Hammet's playing on the first 3 Metallica albums was really good ! I also liked the solos on those (regardless of whoever wrote them).

• Members

Are people so jaded these days that we are really arguing over the signifigance between Winger and Metallica? Back in the 90's you would be stoned to death for even mentioning Winger in the same breath as the mighty Metallica.

1: No, the argument is about the guitar playing of Reb Beach vs. that of Kirk Hammet.

2: Metallica's catalog has not improved in the last 20 years :cop:

• Members

Are people so jaded these days that we are really arguing over the signifigance between Winger and Metallica? Back in the 90's you would be stoned to death for even mentioning Winger in the same breath as the mighty Metallica.

Back in the 80's, most people looked at you like a mongoloid if you wore a Metallica shirt. I took so much {censored} from my hair-metal loving friends for liking Metallica. Then I went in the Army, went to Desert Storm, came back home in 91, and suddenly everyone and their brother is a Metallica fan.

Archived