Should I do it?

guitarbilly74

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you can get an SLO for $500 difference from your current amps , Id do it . If for nothing else than resale. That will be a hell of a deal on your end. Its been a long time since Ive seen an SLO for $2k .

I find them here in L.A. for $1900-$2200 all the time. The local market is full of them.

• Members

Billy, since it seems the SLO sound is what you love, it seems like you should go for it.

JCA's are cheap enough that if you need a backup you could probably get one a few months down the line, but then you'd be playing the "real deal" anyway.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do man.

• Members

I have a Weber attenuator, but I rarely use it. My band is really loud, I currently have my JCA at 7 on band practices. That's pretty much maxed out, only more power amp distortion past that point.

You say that like power amp distortion is a bad thing. Eddie Van Halen would disagree! :o

I say go for it. You've already discovered you have an affinity for Soldano tone (and who doesn't?), and, obviously, the SLO is the ultimate expression of that concept; it's one of the small handful of amps that would end up in almost anyone's discussion of ultimate dream rigs. It's the kind of amp that just makes you smile and inspires you every time you plug it in and brings out the very best in your playing. I know in the entirely-too-brief period of time I spent playing one, it's easily one of the most boner-inducing rigs I've ever heard. It's absolutely top 3 on my own personal bucket list of must-own, GAS-killing amps.

Tell me there wouldn't be that extra little "{censored} yeah!" factor in your head every time you take the stage with that monster behind you! :love:

• Members

So... ya gonna do it or what? :poke:

I still can't decide. :facepalm:

I really like what I have right now and the 2210 would be particularly hard to let go, because it's somewhat hard to find in the price and condition I got mine. I also agree with the diminishing returns comment. No {censored} the SLO would be better, but I am not sure if it would be enough of a difference to justify getting rid of all my amps and having to add cash on top. I keep thinking that I will probably end up up setting the tone to be very similar to what I have now anyway.

On the other hand, it's a {censored}ing SLO and I always wanted to own one. I have no doubts I will love that amp being that the Soldano tone is what I am going for with my current rig.

• Members
On the other hand, it's a {censored}ing SLO and I always wanted to own one. I have no doubts I will love that amp being that the Soldano tone is what I am going for with my current rig.

Based on this, I say go for it. Maybe compromise... Save up some cash and try to keep on of the 3 current amps as a backup :idk:

If it's something you've always wanted... You don't want to look back and say, "I wish I had got that Soldano when I could..."

Archived