Post your rig!!

duncan

• Members

Will someone please give me an opinion on the SG classic? there are like three on the previous page
:lol:

I love the big fat neck on mine... I eventually grew tired with the P90 and Mahogany combo though so I had it modified and changed the pickups out for a JB/Jazz set and now I couldn't be happier

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what do you think of the SG? Is it an SG classic?
:love:

It is indeed an SG Classic. It is comfy as hell and plays really well. The only thing I dislike (slightly) is that the bridge pickup is a little thin sounding compared to the neck. I dig the p90 toanz, so I will hopefully end up replacing them with some Pig 90s.

• Members

I don't have pics yet but my Rig will Finally be finished in the coming months. DJKITS Head/6Space rack combo. Slash Jubilee with a Rocktron Guitar Silencer, Korg Tuner, Line 6 Wireless, Furman Power and Maybe a 2 Space Rack drawer to hold a boost and extra cables if needed.

• Members

thanks guys, normally I don't get alone with SG necks, they're too wide for me, but the classic I played at GC the other day felt amazing, possibly my next guitar.

You scared me though Dolf :(

• Members

thanks guys, normally I don't get alone with SG necks, they're too wide for me, but the classic I played at GC the other day felt amazing, possibly my next guitar.

You scared me though Dolf
:(

gooby pls

• Members
I love the big fat neck on mine... I eventually grew tired with the P90 and Mahogany combo though so I had it modified and changed the pickups out for a JB/Jazz set and now I couldn't be happier

Ew. :freak: This makes me sad beyond words.

• Members

My main setup these days are a pair of Mesa TA-30's into either a pair of 2x12 vertical slant recto cabs (shown) or 1x12 Mesa open back cabs. One has Vintage 30's in it and the other has G12H's in it. I'm on the Mesa artist roster so I plan to pick up a Lonestar 4x10 cab and 2x12 open back cab as well as a Royal Atlantic 2x12 combo and a Electra-dyne 2x12 combo as well as a full Mesa bass rig (I also do bass session work). I'm in two bands and I do session work so I pull various amps, guitars and pedals from my collection posted below. I just have a pic of my main board...I have a {censored} ton of loose pedals that I used for recording or one off shows where my main board isn't necessary...

Mesas.jpg

Marshalls.jpg

Fenders.jpg

Valvetechs.jpg

photo-1-5.jpg

GUITARS

P1010921.jpg

AlbertLees.jpg

315552_297114680300222_100000050761040_1

PEDALS

This is a very small fraction of my pedal collection. The Fulldrive 2 MOSFET has been replaced with an Xotic AC Plus and the T-Rex tube comp has been replaced with a Barber Tone Press. I've also added an Analogman Bi Chorus and a Retrosonic Phaser. I've got two large shelves full of loose pedals that I'll snap a picture of later.

photo-2-2.jpg

• Members
251957_455459984484159_864251987_n.jpg
252760_469887489708075_140767987_n.jpg

nothing special really...Mesa Single Rectifier with EL34s, Laney 4x12 (just put 2 WGS HM75s in it, the original G12M-70s suck with the Recto), my LTD Alexi Scythe, DX10D and RR3 Jackson. i have a few other guitars as well as a couple preamps, a power amp, etc.

i like simple...

• Members

The most annoying thing (it's the dealbreaker, even if nothing else was an issue) is that I constantly bend the guitar out of tune with regular playing. It's the only guitar type that I do that with. Flimsy-ass neck joint and thin body with my heavy left hand = constant issues. It's been like that with every SG.

That and the fact that it's too light. And the fact that I don't like playing with my right hand that close to my body, it's just uncomfortable after years of carved-top LP and slab-body telecaster playing. And the neck-dive bothers the everliving {censored} out of me because it's unavoidable.

you poor beast of a man

• Members

Dude, what's that blue guitar on the right?

6648226855_05b236a604_z.jpg

I built it a couple of years ago.

Warmoth swamp ash body with quilt maple top and natural masked binding

GFS satin neck

EMG S pickups

(Yes, Billy, I know you think it should have white knobs.)

• Members

6648226855_05b236a604_z.jpg

I built it a couple of years ago.

Warmoth swamp ash body with quilt maple top and natural masked binding

GFS satin neck

EMG S pickups

(Yes, Billy, I know you think it should have white knobs.)

Absolutely gorgeous! I envy you guys for being able to build stuff like this yourselves :( Over there in the US you seem to have endless options when it comes to building guitars from parts...Even if I knew how to do it it's just too expensive here in Europe. Might mite, Warmoth etc, brands I learned about on this forum are non-existent in Europe...

• Members

Absolutely gorgeous! I envy you guys for being able to build stuff like this yourselves
:(
Over there in the US you seem to have endless options when it comes to building guitars from parts...Even if I knew how to do it it's just too expensive here in Europe. Might mite, Warmoth etc, brands I learned about on this forum are non-existent in Europe...

Yeah, it is really cool to be able to be so picky and get EXACTLY what I want. Not necessarily always cheaper but rarely more expensive than off the shelf. I think you should open your shop!

• Members

Yeah, it is really cool to be able to be so picky and get EXACTLY what I want. Not necessarily always cheaper but rarely more expensive than off the shelf. I think you should open your shop!

Don't put crazy ideas in my head, I'm crazy enough as I am :)

• Members

laneyl20h004.jpg

I've ditched all the pedals since this photo was taken. I've gone wireless, its a pretty simple rig, but it sounds awesome for what i do. Thinking i might change the cab out to a Matamp or Zilla 2x12 with CL80's but other than that i'm happy.

• Members
laneyl20h004.jpg

I've ditched all the pedals since this photo was taken. I've gone wireless, its a pretty simple rig, but it sounds awesome for what i do. Thinking i might change the cab out to a Matamp or Zilla 2x12 with CL80's but other than that i'm happy.

Epiphone cab? I have the same one. :rawk:

• Members

I believe so, these were imported into the UK under the name of Grainger, i think its pretty much identical to the Epiphone but loaded with
Eminence Lady Luck Speakers.

So were the Epi cabs. I had a Blues Custom amp (same series) that had those in it.

Archived