Post your rig!!

duncan

• Members

no hum?

when I tried to split the signal with a regular stereo pedal I got a massive hum. then bought a boss ls-2 line selector. same thing.

No, I'm not getting any hum. Even if I did, unless it's an obnoxious amount it won't bother me at all. Both amps are plugged into different outlets, too. From what I understand that should help considerably.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I'm not getting any hum. Even if I did, unless it's an obnoxious amount it won't bother me at all.
Both amps are plugged into different outlets, too. From what I understand that should help considerably.

:eek:If they are on two different circuits, that has the potential (pun intended) to be on two different phases! 120+120 equals 208v wye transformer, or (more likely in a residence) 240v delta! If there is some sort of problem with a ground, you can get cooked. Or, if you lose the neutral in a circuit (loose wiring, nail in the wall) your gear could start getting British voltages.

Get a ground loop killer and make sure your gear is getting juice from the same phase. Easy way to find out-, get an extension cord and a voltage tester. Plug cord in and run the cord to the other outlet. Test voltage at the "hot" side of the plug and the cord cap (it should be the shorter slot, the one on the right, above the ground-prong hole). Remember, if one probe is in one "hot", the other probe has 120v on it's bare end - don't let them wave around!

If you get a reading of close to zero, they are on the same phase. If it is 208v or more, they are the same phase. If it's around 120v, either a: your wiring is reversed - hot switched with neutral, or b: you have it in the wrong hole :poke:.

Even if they are on different circuits (who wants tripping breakers?), you don't want them on different phases. That's how you get enough juice to run the oven.

This is my bread and butter. I don't want to see anyone fried.

• Members

If I could get on with SGs, I'd still have mine. I love the setup and it sounded killer. I have simply come to the realization that unless it's a VERY SPECIAL SG, I'm not going to be able to play it for more than a gig before I get rid of it.

• Members

I will post a pic as soon as possible but my rig is very, very simple:
Two Telecasters
One 5150 212 combo

I have an alder/rosewood Tele, with a 6-saddle bridge, and some vintage 60's style pickups; as well as an alder/maple Tele, with a brass 3-saddle bridge, and some Vintage Noiseless pickups. Both straightforward Teles. No pedals yet, more coming soon. I then plug straight into the LOW gain input on my 5150 212 combo, and adjust accordingly. Usually plenty of bass and midrange, with the treble rolled off. Next is a noise gate, some Eminence speakers, and new pickups (bridge at least) for each Tele.

• Members

Will someone please give me an opinion on the SG classic? there are like three on the previous page
:lol:

It's the best guitar I've ever played. It'll go to the grave with me.

I just recently picked up the '61, and between the two I prefer the fatter neck on the Classic. Mine's got an RS kit in it from the previous owner and I plan to do the same to the '61. The '61 sounds awesome with everything on 10, but the pots aren't as responsive as I'm used to with the Classic.

• Members

Currently, but Im planning on changing a couple of things...2 unit rack,
getting the mak4 updated to the 2 unit chasses
, and EHX 44 magnum power amp to replace the sla-2. Also, mako 112 cab is on order.

Yes, PLEASE. That always bothered the {censored} out of my OCD. :lol:

I usually run in-ear, so I take the power amp out of here, but I do have a non in-ear rig coming up, so I'll roll like this:

Loudrigfeb2010.jpg

Kind of funny, this pic is from February of 2010, and I've gone through a couple of other rigs since then, but now I'm back. :lol:

• Members

Currently, but Im planning on changing a couple of things...2 unit rack, getting the mak4 updated to the 2 unit chasses, and EHX 44 magnum power amp to replace the sla-2. Also, mako 112 cab is on order.

bc2bb9db.jpg

Holy {censored} -- my eardrums exploded by just looking at that rig.

:rawk:

• Members

If I could get on with SGs, I'd still have mine. I love the setup and it sounded killer. I have simply come to the realization that unless it's a VERY SPECIAL SG, I'm not going to be able to play it for more than a gig before I get rid of it.

What bothers you about them? I think my next guitar will either be a Tele or an SG, and since I'm a lefty, it's a little harder to do the try-and-flip.

• Members

What bothers you about them? I think my next guitar will either be a Tele or an SG, and since I'm a lefty, it's a little harder to do the try-and-flip.

The most annoying thing (it's the dealbreaker, even if nothing else was an issue) is that I constantly bend the guitar out of tune with regular playing. It's the only guitar type that I do that with. Flimsy-ass neck joint and thin body with my heavy left hand = constant issues. It's been like that with every SG.

That and the fact that it's too light. And the fact that I don't like playing with my right hand that close to my body, it's just uncomfortable after years of carved-top LP and slab-body telecaster playing. And the neck-dive bothers the everliving {censored} out of me because it's unavoidable.

Archived