Post your rig!!

duncan

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
laneyl20h004.jpg

I've ditched all the pedals since this photo was taken. I've gone wireless, its a pretty simple rig, but it sounds awesome for what i do. Thinking i might change the cab out to a Matamp or Zilla 2x12 with CL80's but other than that i'm happy.

So have u ditched the VC50?

• Members

Here's a current one, freshly snapped about 30 minutes ago. I rarely have both my amps in the same place (big amp usually stays at drummer's house where we practice), but we loaded out from the studio today and I took the opportunity:

7390263028_2ed523b7c3_b.jpg

huge 2x12 with a huge port. bass cab or guitar cab? whats the make looks nice.

• Members

Bass cab repurposed for guitar

Yep. Started life as a custom job Redstar Audio 2x12 (same dimensions as their Blackjack cab) with two Eminence Delta Pro speakers. I bought it from Redstar (because the original buyer left it and forfeited his deposit) for ridiculously cheap, with two Eminence bass speakers in it. I pulled the bass speakers, threw in an Eminence Texas Heat and an Eminence Tonker, pulled about half the internal batting, and it sounds great. It's pretty heavy for a 2x12, but it has the advantage of sounding incredibly consistent from one stage to another. It's also the most musician-considerate cab I've ever used: it has a completely indestructible spray coating, a metal front grill that will admit no fallen mic stand, it has side and corner handles, and the best casters I've ever owned.

Incidentally, I brought this cab into the studio this past weekend, and at least a track or two will soon be up here by way of clips:

7395436384_c2cdc8026c_z.jpg

• Members

So have u ditched the VC50?

Yeah, i'm not running the VC anymore, i retired that! I was only using one channel and if features dont get used i get upset! I'm thinking about getting the matching 2x12 for the L20h, although i'm not a big fan of H30's so i'm going to have to budget for dropping some CL80's in.

• Members

Yeah, i'm not running the VC anymore, i retired that! I was only using one channel and if features dont get used i get upset! I'm thinking about getting the matching 2x12 for the L20h, although i'm not a big fan of H30's so i'm going to have to budget for dropping some CL80's in.

To me these two amps are heaps different.

Does the 20 watts serve u well?

Why did u switch to the L20H? would have thought the Ironheart may have been closer.

Don't get me wrong here, as i'm a big fan of the L20H , and am keen on it myself, but something tells me i'd miss the VH100R.

• Members

To me these two amps are heaps different.

Does the 20 watts serve u well?

Why did u switch to the L20H? would have thought the Ironheart may have been closer.

Don't get me wrong here, as i'm a big fan of the L20H , and am keen on it myself, but something tells me i'd miss the VH100R.

The crunch channel on the VC is very close to the L20h i'd say, althought he L20h has more gain than the crunch channel on the VC. I tried out loads of different Laneys including the new Iommi and the Ironheart, but the L20h just seemed to feel right, i dont use masses of gain but it has more than i need and the volume is bang on wher i need it to be! It doesnt give me a lot of headroom, but i dont really need it since i'm only churning out riffs and rhythm parts. The El84 power section doesnt have the same low end as a 6l6 or el34 loaded amp but it does seem to sit well in the live mix.

Archived