Cops gun a dude down in carls jr parking lot (vid)

Gary Cohn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Oh, and so we're on the same page, I think all these people saying that the cop should have shot him in the leg or the arm or something are ridiculous.

The first rule of wielding a gun: Never point it at anything you're not prepared to kill.

The only time you use a gun in a non-lethal capacity is when you're pistol whipping some bitch from behind, like in the movies. lol

• Members
:lol:

I can't believe anyone is taking anything duncan is saying seriously. Trolljob is trolling hard, has been for like 5+ pages now.

That's not necessarily for duncan. It's for everyone in here who lives in bleeding heart lala land.

• Members

I've read it all - you've posed hypothetical situations for 2 pages about {censored} that didn't happen and how the police officers overreacted.

Yep. Because they did. And I've explained, at length, how the situation didn't warrant deadly force. Or did you think I was saying to "disarm the perp with a well placed bullet to the weapon?"

• Members
I'm surprised it took this long for this to start showing up.

A DIFFERING OPINION? MUST BE A BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL.

exactly :D

srsly though, not a matter of differing opinion. it's a matter of the officers acting on what they are trained to do in life threatening situations

• Members

I've never killed a man, but in these triangulation situations with an armed person, I have trained literally hundreds of times. Classic ecp scenario for military force protections drills, only a shotgun or carbine is usually the cover weapon. This was executed perfectly. officer 1 drew back to get his weapon up, officer 2 cover fires. Most cops WOULD think twice, which would, by the book, be a failure.

For the record, threat zone available to prosecute a target with deadly force if brandishing a knife....anyone know? 21ft. This guy was closer with an arguably more severe threat in his hand, with obvious intent, capability, and oppurtunity. Deadly force trianlge met. Threat neutralized.

Home for dinner.

• Members

exactly
:D

srsly though, not a matter of differing opinion. it's a matter of the officers acting on what they are trained to do in life threatening situations

So you're saying that cops are just as ill-equipped to deal with a hand-to-hand situation as everybody else, but the difference is, is that they have a gun and can use it?

• Members

So you're saying that cops are just as ill-equipped to deal with a hand-to-hand situation as everybody else, but the difference is, is that they have a gun and can use it?

if somebody is wielding a pick axe, that is not a "hand to hand" situation. cops carry guns.

pick axe vs guns

hmmmmmmm................

• Members

suicide by cop. terrible.

i dont know what exactly happened here but based on the video i agree they shouldve used their training and shot him in the leg or arm.

They train cops to shoot center mass, not {censored} around with trying to hit an arm or leg. So he reacted like he was trained.

• Members

if somebody is wielding a pick axe, that is not a "hand to hand" situation. cops carry guns.

pick axe vs guns

hmmmmmmm................

pick axe, axe, bat, etc.... can all cause serious bodily harm and death with just 1 blow. i'd rather the aggressor wield the less effective weapon than the innocent defender.

• Members

pick axe vs guns

hmmmmmmm................

jesus christ you're thick. :facepalm:

First of all, he was wielding a crowbar. Secondly, he would need to be able to hit the cop in the head, hard enough, to actually kill him. That is, assuming, the cop doesn't: move, block, tackle, get his partner to release the 80 lbs dog

Do you honestly think that the officer would have died had his partner not emptied his clip into the perp?

• Members
jesus christ you're thick.
:facepalm:

First of all, he was wielding a crowbar. Secondly, he would need to be able to hit the cop in the head, hard enough, to actually kill him. That is, assuming, the cop doesn't: move, block, tackle, get his partner to release the 80 lbs dog

Do you honestly think that the officer would have died had his partner not emptied his clip into the perp?

Proving my point the more he posts in this thread.

That or he's a relatively well written 16 year old.

• Members

Lol at the uninformed opinions in here.

I was in a fight where a guy had punched two other officers, and was refusing to submit (he had a warrant). The K-9 was finally released after repeated warnings (the guy didn't have a weapon) and grabbed him by the wrist and tried to bring him down. The guy didn't even flinch. Picked the dog up and swung him around. Me and another officer ended up bum rushing and tackling him. The guy had already been sprayed with OC, with no effect. This was before TASERs so I don't know how that would have affected him. If he would have had a weapon and was a threat, he'd have been killed, more than likely. Police work isn't pretty sometimes. Sorry.

• Members

Lol at the uninformed opinions in here.

I was in a fight where a guy had punched two other officers, and was refusing to submit (he had a warrant). The K-9 was finally released after repeated warnings (the guy didn't have a weapon) and grabbed him by the wrist and tried to bring him down. The guy didn't even flinch. Picked the dog up and swung him around. Me and another officer ended up bum rushing and tackling him. The guy had already been sprayed with OC, with no effect. This was before TASERs so I don't know how that would have affected him. If he would have had a weapon and was a threat, he'd have been killed, more than likely. Police work isn't pretty sometimes. Sorry.

So you tried (in this order) your fists, pepper spray, dog, and then taser?

Should have just shot him.

10 times.

Archived