Cops gun a dude down in carls jr parking lot (vid)

Gary Cohn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i think we can agree on some of these points. in the timeframe though, you have to shoot where it counts. no time to {censored} around with limb shots. you miss, oops. target was moving and too small to hit. torso would have been better. you hit, no effect, {censored}. hes in threat zone now. shouldve gone torso.

see what i mean? there are always different ways to handle it. the current rules of engagement handle them all as best as possible, but certainly not best case in every scenario.

yeah, in most circumstances I understand why the rules are there

it just seems stupid that he was even close enough to have been a threat to the officers, especially if he's all pcp'd out

• Members

shooting someone in the leg will always have an effect, pcp or not

It's against training, but maybe training should be altered to include the non lethal use of a firearm

dude was no doubt an idiot for doing this, but gunned down in a parking lot when there's three other cops and a dog there....sorry, won't ever think that's right nor should it be

he raised the crowbar, but he wasn't moving quickly at all, the officer could have kept some distance between himself and the suspect

there were options other than getting in this face, within striking distance, and then putting him down

guy was high, cops acted poorly

Why? So as to not offend your delicate sensibilities?

I guess it's pretty easy to second-guess a situation from the relative comfort of youtube.

• Members

Pretty crazy the amount of bullets that cop put in him.. I agree that was a bit much.. But if he was on PCP- which I'll admit I've done, it is for sure a very aggressive and totally numb feeling.. You can take some physical abuse on that drug and not feel a thing.. So if that was the case, honestly putting that guy down like that may have been necessary.. But I think 4 or 5 shots would have been enough. Otherwise tazer to the face did nothing, I'm sure a bullet to my knee wouldn't have stopped me on pcp, certainly not that dude.. So a few bullets to the chest would prolly be the necessary force.. But that's just assumed he was on it

• Members

I guess it's pretty easy to second-guess a situation from the relative comfort of youtube.

also THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

not the insulting tone, but the point that situations vary, we werent there, so this whole discussion is pointless. the shooting, especially with video evidence, will come under review and the IAB/courts will decide justifiability. not us amp dorks.

• Members

I'm not arguing that it was an illegal action, I can see why they did it. I'm just questioning whether we need to explore other options than just gunning everyone down and the ethics for the laws themselves

I like your optimism.

But its naieve. Guy shouldn't be in a public place threatening people with a deadly weapon. You do that, you die.

I'm very cool with the outcome, just wish that it hadn't been so public/no children had to see it.

Wait, I hate children. I'm glad they saw it and I hope they learned what NOT to do when they grow up.

• Members

how many actually hit, and how many of those strays went into traffic?

that carl's had a streetlight right there, wonder how many pedestrians caught a stray?

One bullet hit a sign. A woman was standing underneath it and was slightly injured by the debris.

Thats why you dont {censored}ing empty your clip like you're in Die Hard.

Archived