removing all memory of G n' R.

newholland

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i guess i just don't get that. i just find all their music totally annoying and a caricature-- iced by the fact that axl rose has possibly the most irritating voice ever in rock music outside foghat. or jethro tull.

You think Foghat and Jethro Tull's vox are even worse than Axl's?! :o

• Members

were i never to have to hear axl rose again by mistake in flipping through the channels in the work truck, i'd probably be pretty happy.

could someone please remove this cartoonesque band from my existence? they may've been a great rock band in some people's eyes.. but man, i hate them with most fibers of my being. the other .02% loves the fact that duff mccagan was in a band called the fartz.

I'm in...never liked 'em, although I thought Slash was ok. You could just tell Axl was gonna turn out to be a douche even in the early days.

• Members

Axl's voice wrecks G'n'R. Just WRECKS it. I understand he was a great showman live or whatever, but his nasally howl is just gawdawful. I respect how big they were and how classic some of their songs are, but if I never heard them again I wouldn't be sad.

• Members

{censored} yeah another "I hate this incredibly popular band" thread. Well I hate all bands, singers, songwriters, DJ's, rappers, producers and anyone that has made anything that can be slightly interpreted or used to create music or sounds altogether. That's just how cool I am. Douche's with acoustic guitars badly covering {censored}ty pop songs to impress chicks down at the quad though are in a league all of their own though.

• Members

{censored} yeah another "I hate this incredibly popular band" thread. Well I hate all bands, singers, songwriters, DJ's, rappers, producers and anyone that has made anything that can be slightly interpreted or used to create music or sounds altogether. That's just how cool I am. Douche's with acoustic guitars badly covering {censored}ty pop songs to impress chicks down at the quad though are in a league all of their own though.

{censored} yeah dude!!! Billy Corgan rules and {censored} and {censored} ya know? BRO!0

• Members

Thats the HC way :lol:

The funny part is when guys try to "rewrite or revise" history and it tends to happen a lot around here!

:cop:

• Members

I feel like I should either like or dislike them, or at least have some kind of reaction to their existence, but I just don't.

353px-Neutral_President.jpg

Easily the best episode of Futurama ever... you know, if I didn't hate the show.

• Members

Axl's voice wrecks G'n'R. Just WRECKS it. I understand he was a great showman live or whatever, but his nasally howl is just gawdawful. I respect how big they were and how classic some of their songs are, but if I never heard them again I wouldn't be sad.

it's rock n roll. it wouldn't sound right with some classically trained juliard graduate singing {censored}ing soprano.

• Members

er. yeah.

• Members

were i never to have to hear axl rose again by mistake in flipping through the channels in the work truck, i'd probably be pretty happy.

could someone please remove this cartoonesque band from my existence? they may've been a great rock band in some people's eyes.. but man, i hate them with most fibers of my being. the other .02% loves the fact that duff mccagan was in a band called the fartz.

eyehate G&R . Cant stand Axle's voice. Sounds like Janice Joplin vomiting up scrambled eggs & broken glass. Slash sucks too. Cant get into the cardboard guitar sound & that dog-{censored} wah tone. (and the tophat & hair in the face thing...the poses with the cig hangin out his mouth....cheese.

left over 80's hairspray douchebags disguised with attitude. Hated them then. Hate them now.

• Members

Most of those great bands eventually stopped being great, most of them pretty abruptly. Metallica and The Stones both come to mind.

I'd say the Stones drifted down year by year, not abruptly. They've made some good music since Mick Taylor left, but they were the best rock band in the world with Mick Taylor.

As for GnR, one great album and a few good songs off the rest. GnR destroyed hair metal, not Seattle, but Pearljam is a more important band in Rock history. Not saying they're the best, just saying they shaped the sound of modern music more.

Archived