removing all memory of G n' R.

newholland

• Members

were i never to have to hear axl rose again by mistake in flipping through the channels in the work truck, i'd probably be pretty happy.

could someone please remove this cartoonesque band from my existence? they may've been a great rock band in some people's eyes.. but man, i hate them with most fibers of my being. the other .02% loves the fact that duff mccagan was in a band called the fartz.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The original G&R lineup is easily arguably one of the best rock and roll bands of all time. What is touring now is a shadow of their former glory.

i guess i just don't get that. i just find all their music totally annoying and a caricature-- iced by the fact that axl rose has possibly the most irritating voice ever in rock music outside foghat. or jethro tull.

• Members

The original G&R lineup is easily arguably one of the best rock and roll bands of all time. What is touring now is a shadow of their former glory.

WHAT? "All time".

Maybe in their day...of "all time" no way.

And giving "Best Guitar Player" to Slash? Really? I guess if you are tired of giving it to the REAL best guitar players, and want to sell more albums...maybe.

I ain't hatin...and no not mad :rolleyes::) . GnR came in like a steamroller and did their thing. Rock Music needed them. Came in and {censored}ed {censored} up! For a brief moment in time. Not of ALL time.

• Members

i guess i just don't get that. i just find all their music totally annoying and a caricature-- iced by the fact that axl rose has possibly the most irritating voice ever in rock music outside foghat. or jethro tull.

Which Foghat do you have?

Girls To Chat and Boys To Bounce is great! Boogie Motel a close 2nd. ""I just wanna make love to you/ Slow ride"? Not so much.

• Members

WHAT? "All time".

And giving "Best Guitar Player" to Slash? Really? I guess if you are tired of giving it to the REAL best guitar players, and want to sell more albums...maybe.

I ain't hatin...and no not mad
:rolleyes::)
. GnR came in like a steamroller and did their thing. Rock Music needed them. Came in and {censored}ed {censored} up! For a brief moment in time. Not of ALL time.

gtfo as usual

• Members

WHAT? "All time".

I ain't hatin...and no not mad
:rolleyes::)
. GnR came in like a steamroller and did their thing. Rock Music needed them. Came in and {censored}ed {censored} up! For a brief moment in time. Not of ALL time.

Saying they're one of the best bands of all time has nothing to do with the longevity of the band. It's comparing them to every Rock and Roll band ever and seeing how they stack up. And in 3 LPs and 2 EPs, they wrecked {censored} like a great Rock and Roll band should.

• Members

Well....if it is that "easily arguably"...convince me? All the great rock bands out there, some doing it for several decades.......

Everyone is definitely going to have different opinions. Not everyone has the same taste in music. I personally think they were one of the best in their short span. I do think that there are other great bands that did it for decades: Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Aerosmith, etc. etc.

To each their own

• Members

Well....if it is that "easily arguably"...convince me? All the great rock bands out there, some doing it for several decades.......

Most of those great bands eventually stopped being great, most of them pretty abruptly. Metallica and The Stones both come to mind.

Archived