Mojo needed...wife's leaving. No guitars anymore.

thesockmonster

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So, after a short 3 years of marriage (I'm only 25), my wife has fallen out of love with me, had abandoned all her friends, cheated and is in a semblance of a relationship with a patient (she's a chiropractic office manager), and wants nothing more than to be free. She wants nothing. I get everything but her.

And before she pulled all this, I sold all my guitars and gear to free us from financial burdens. I have nothing left. So, there's no more music in my life.
:cry:

Please go easy. I'm not here for pity, I'm just asking for mojo and thoughts.

Late to the mojo party, but had I won the LTD M330R or whatever on FB from EMG, I would've just sent it to you cuz I hate floyds and I was just gonna sell it anyways. :/

I mean, would've been lovely for a minute or two to dick around on it and cool to have won it, but I didn't plan on keeping it. Meh.

• Members

Box is full, mang. But I spoke with my boss today, and they may give me a pilot program to head, which may take me full time in a year, with benefits and a new life. If that happens, you each get a case of beer of your choice.

So you DID receive a boatload of mojo! Sweet!

• Members

I wish I had something nice to say bud. I've had a wife leave(ten years later at 27), I too stayed with everything and the kid (most important). The only thing I miss is the regular sex, I don't miss any of the bitching(the woman) I prefer my single life. Keep your self in check, work out and put/keep your life in order. God bless.

• Members

Incredible mojo sent.
I went through it, and others here have as well.
Best advice is once you are able to mentally, get to the gym, find yourself the job you want, where you want, do not let the music go...it will be your saving grace, as it has with many others who have gone down this road.

Try to be the best you can be, and when you are around others, be happy, positive and pleasant. Don't bring up your past. You will be surprised how many women are attracted to positive people with a good attitude and some humor.

After my divorce, I spent the next ten years doing what I just told you, and when I finally got serious with my future wife, I realized that had I never gone through the pain and BS I had earlier due to my first marriage, I would not have been as happy as I am now. Don't rush into anything serious. You are way too young to be married in this day and age, believe it or not. But being only 25, you will not know this until you are older, but it really is true for most people. I got married the first time at 30, and was 39 when I finally got serious with my future wife.

You can do it, but it will take effort. Do not let this opportunity pass you by. I know it sounds really bad now, but you will see how lucky you actually are later on to have been given a second chance.

Stephen

• Members

This is the kinda {censored} that keeps me coming back here. Great bunch of ball breaking kind hearted mother F*****S right here. This place never seems to amaze and while it's usually a lynch mob mentality this is one of the nicest things I have seen in some time. Major MOJO to the OP and if ya need a tune I would say Train Kept A Rollin by Aerosmith should keep ya moving. Dude be cool be you, don't be a whiney bitch asking her to come back and being all down and out. Act like its just another day in Paradise. Let her wonder. Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE HER BACK. If they cheat on you with someone else 9 times outta 10 they will cheat on someone else to. 3rd marriage here and I am done with all that drama. Head up and life goes on. Don't talk about it or waste another minute stressing it. Get back on the horse and ride son. Seriously no one wants a mopey sad ass dude hanging around. Not bros and certainly not chicks. It ain't easy but you will recover fine. Be glad there are no kids involved cuz that limits you ever having to see her cheatin ass again after all is said and done. Remember you no longer answer to her for anything. She is on her own. She will realize the grass aint always greener and when she does you will be long gone.... Looks like your covered in the peeps sending dept. End rant.

Peace to all and no homo I love you guys.... Carry on

• Members

So you sold your guitars to pay off your debt, and now you're 25 y.o., debt-free and just got rid of a cheater spouse before you had kids or common property?

{censored} just got better, man. It may not look like it right now, but I talk to you in a few years.

+1.

You don't know it yet, but you won.

• Members

thank you sir -- occasionally the voices in my head aren't just gibberish
:D

Izzy,

what colour is the hardware on the tele? I have some Shaller strap locks to send to sockmonster. I just want to know if I should send nickle plate or gold plate.

What condition are the tuners in? I have a brand new set of Gotoh 6 in line tuners if needed.

• Members

So you sold your guitars to pay off your debt, and now you're 25 y.o., debt-free and just got rid of a cheater spouse before you had kids or common property?

{censored} just got better, man. It may not look like it right now, but I talk to you in a few years.

I've been through this {censored} myself and my a-hole ex fought for every nickel, stole my guitars (I got those back), stole my quad (I didn't get that back), stole $11k out of the bank (the court didn't care about that either) took me for $90k out of pocket the year we divorced AND insisted on staying in our house while my payments more than covered all bills when it should have immediately been put on the market then lied and broke our separation agreement 2 years later when the time had come for her to start covering some of the expenses (I was still paying enough in support to cover most of the mortgage). She stopped paying all associated bills for serveral months while pocketing all the cash then bolted and left me holding the tab on EVERYTHING which eventually forced me into bankruptcy. These are just SOME of the things she did to me and SHE was the one that stepped out on me and wanted the divorce.

In the face of all of this even I can say it was all worth it to cut that cancer out of my life. Once they turn on you there is nothing left to hold onto, cut bait and move on. I couldn't agree with the above statement more. It's all good dude, you are a young man with your hole life in front of you. 22 is way to young to lock in for life. People's hopes and dreams change a great deal from 20 - 35. This was really bound to happen so don't sweat it for even one second. Be smart, lawyer up and take care of business then go get yourself the cure, new {censored}. You are going to be just fine my friend. Mojo sent.

• Members

I've been through this {censored} myself and my a-hole ex fought for every nickel, stole my guitars (I got those back), stole my quad (I didn't get that back), stole $11k out of the bank (the court didn't care about that either) took me for $90k out of pocket the year we divorced
AND
insisted on staying in our house while my payments more than covered all bills when it should have immediately been put on the market then lied and broke our separation agreement 2 years later when the time had come for her to start covering
some
of the expenses (I was still paying enough in support to cover most of the mortgage). She stopped paying all associated bills for serveral months while pocketing all the cash then bolted and left me holding the tab on EVERYTHING which eventually forced me into bankruptcy. These are just SOME of the things she did to me and SHE was the one that stepped out on me and wanted the divorce.

In the face of all of this even I can say it was all worth it to cut that cancer out of my life. Once they turn on you there is nothing left to hold onto, cut bait and move on. I couldn't agree with the above statement more. It's all good dude, you are a young man with your hole life in front of you. 22 is way to young to lock in for life. People's hopes and dreams change a great deal from 20 - 30. This was really bound to happen so don't sweat it for even one second. Be smart, lawyer up and take care of business then go get yourself the cure, new {censored}. You are going to be just fine my friend. Mojo sent.

Wow. Just {censored}ing wow. What a bitch.

• Members

Mojo sent, brotha

My buddy/bandmate was in a similar situation. We were just putting a band together and he up and quit to work on his marriage. He was miserable. He'd literally ask her for permission just to practice with his guitar (I lol'd and told him to grow a pair) But anyway he found out she was cheating on him so he filed for divorce. Shortly after he found a nice girl that is supportive of him. He's finally back out gigging again. {censored} may seem bad but keep your chin up.

• Members

You guys are insanely awesome. My spirits haven't been so high in weeks. Loop, if you're ever in the RDU/Chapel Hill area, I'm treating you like a king.

I need to go see some small shows, get out, get buff again...

That's a GREAT place to live if you're in your 20's and single. I moved there when I was 22 and left when I was 28. I actually will be there next week, briefly for the first time since 1997, taking my son to see Duke and UNC. I was there so long ago I saw both LT and MJ play for UNC, before they became superstars. Damn! I'm old and you're young! You do not know how lucky you are to get out of a bad marriage SO painlessly. You think it's not painless? You haven't seen what it's like when she (or he) is a lying, carping, greedy b***h out not just to get the most stuff, but to inflict pain and damage as well. You WILL get over her, and when you find your "life partner" (to use a corny but descriptive phrase) you'll realize how lucky you are to be rid of the louse.

Forgive her? Hell, if she isn't burning you in the divorce, go right ahead--she's better than most. But move on. Put her behind you, and don't look back. I was 30 when I met "her". This year we'll celebrate our 25th anniversary..."life partner" is very real and the best!.

• Members

You guys aren't so bad after all.

"buy yourself the most {censored}ty acoustic you can find with missing strings and go for a vacation in thailand or somewhere and play wonderwall on the beach"

I live in Thailand, and play charity crapola mini-shows for charity. But I don't play wonderwall. Come over, wtf. Course after you pay for plane ticket you could have bought a new American Strat. I have too many strats. I have a nice Squier 50's cv you can have. It cries like neglected child.

I am an old man. My advice is don't even think about getting into anything serious for at least a year. And the generous gifts from the kind people posting here should be "loans" until the divorce is finalized. She may change her mind about you getting it all. Her fem friends should talk her out of that idea.

Age doesn't make one all that wiser. Just develops callouses over the tender parts while we walk thru fires.

Archived