Mojo needed...wife's leaving. No guitars anymore.

thesockmonster

• Members

And the generous gifts from the kind people posting here should be "loans" until the divorce is finalized. She may change her mind about you getting it all. Her fem friends should talk her out of that idea.

Wise words here. Sometimes they pretend they are willing to work out a deal that's fair for both sides when all they are really doing is planning their exit strategey and trying to put themselves in the best position possible for a maximum cash out. That's what mine did. Fortunately for you this is happening very early in your life before any real financial damage can be done. You will be fine.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While it was a mutual divorce, I recently got divorced myself. Also after 3 years of marriage (I'm 28).

Take it from me - do NOT let yourself sit in a room and feel like {censored} for months, thinking "I have the right to feel down right now" - its NOT what works.

Its time to do all the things that YOU want to do. I'm living healthier, better, having more fun, spending more time with friends and just generally living than I ever did, even before meeting my ex-wife (who is a wonderful person that I'm still in touch with, so I know you've gotten a {censored}tier deal) - but trust me; in a few months, you'll wonder why you ever felt bad.

Enjoy it. And take your sweet time finding someone else. I'll get married again someday, I'm sure of that, but I know exactly what I can and cant make work now.

Reflect, adapt, improve. And play some f***** music, but make it happy music.

And +1 to hitting the gym. You'd be surprised how many aspects of your life it improves.

• Members

So you sold your guitars to pay off your debt, and now you're 25 y.o., debt-free and just got rid of a cheater spouse before you had kids or common property?

{censored} just got better, man. It may not look like it right now, but I talk to you in a few years.

{censored}ing THAT

• Members

This is the kinda {censored} that keeps me coming back here. Great bunch of ball breaking kind hearted mother F*****S right here. This place never seems to amaze and while it's usually a lynch mob mentality this is one of the nicest things I have seen in some time.

Peace to all and no homo I love you guys.... Carry on

I came here to say this really :thu: Under all the banter this forum is full of some of the kindest, most generous people out there. Massive props to you guys for always being awesome when people are in need.

OP, I know its hard for the moment, but think positive, the next one will be twice as good :thu:

• Members

I don't have time to read through past the first 4 pages right now...

But...I have some cool brand new danelectro pedals...an echo and a flanger...maybe more sitting around...I'd be happy to pass them on to OP

Not sure what the micro cube has effects wise...

PM me breauxseph...

• Members

Really, really appreciate it guys. Moving out April 30th - COME AT ME, SON.

Assuming the address you sent me is toast, so let me know the propoer shipping address when you know (isvoid at gmail dot com).

PS: The guitar is still in the shop, I'd guessing it will be ready this coming weekend +/- (I'm waiting for the shop to return my "When will it be ready?" voice mail left earlier this morning).

/iz

• Members

I have a better idea guys.

PPal me.

Acraby(at)yahoo(dot)com

In the notes with your donation: make note: For Sockmonster.

Sockmonster: Email (at the email in my sig) your name and address.

Open donations for the next 7 days. At the end, we'll tally up, and send him some good stuff with whatever we've raised.

I'll cover shipping, and make sure the money goes as far as possible, by working out some special pricing, and I'll ship it from here.

Agreed?

Just a reminder. This is going on, and closes friday!

• Members

I'm as equally sympathetic toward the OP's situation as I am touched by how quick everyone here was to come to a complete stranger's aid. This is awesome.

Sockmonster...I've been in a similar situation with an ex-fiancee. It definitely sucks and hurts, but I promise you'll get over it. I was about your age too. Less than a year after that, I met my current wife, who is everything my ex was not, and I've never been happier.

I get paid Friday - so I'll PayPal Loop some dough to chip in too, because music will make your heart feel better, and hey - heartache is the best creative muse.

• Members

You guys aren't so bad after all.

"buy yourself the most {censored}ty acoustic you can find with missing strings and go for a vacation in thailand or somewhere and play wonderwall on the beach"

I live in Thailand, and play charity crapola mini-shows for charity. But I don't play wonderwall. Come over, wtf. Course after you pay for plane ticket you could have bought a new American Strat. I have too many strats. I have a nice Squier 50's cv you can have. It cries like neglected child.

I am an old man. My advice is don't even think about getting into anything serious for at least a year. And the generous gifts from the kind people posting here should be "loans" until the divorce is finalized. She may change her mind about you getting it all. Her fem friends should talk her out of that idea.

Age doesn't make one all that wiser. Just develops callouses over the tender parts while we walk thru fires.

I think I only saw one guitar the whole time I was in Thailand last year. No music stores to be found either (not that I really looked that hard). The one guy that was playing (just showed up on Khosan road one night) basically got mobbed though :o

Mojo sent OP. Will probably donate to the Lewp fund by the end of the week & getcha back on your feet.

Archived