Mojo needed...wife's leaving. No guitars anymore.

thesockmonster

• Members

Feels a little better every day. I know it's not the popular thing, but I'm a sold-out INTELLIGENT and LOGICAL Christian. I'm more the type to sit in the middle of the road and have lunch with a homeless guy than one who simply prays. It's not that I doubt grace, it's that I want to be the best I can be.

Man, I sat in with a worship team on Sunday with borrowed gear...not even kidding, EVERY piece of gear I touched either shorted out or broke. Strings went dead, the mains went dead, a monitor blew.

But I'm feeling better. Every day, it gets a little easier. I don't even care if it's the GOOD or LOVING thing to do, I forgave my wife because I did truly love her. But I'm not destined to live in a cage, so...time to roll on.

Everything you guys have done will always be remembered. One of you in particular sent me a check for an amount I won't disclose...but it will help more than you know. You're good guys. Even isvoid.

Man, I am a Christian as well (I know, I know ... BOO CHRISTIANS!!! - LOL!) and the hardest thing for me has always been "forgiving those who have trespassed against me" - no BS. I have finally come to the realization that without being able to forgive, you will never find peace. You don't have to like a situation, agree with it or even understand it, but it happened regardless and you need to make peace with it or you are doomed to live with that anger and resentment in your heart. Very unhealthy.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
NC's a no fault state. She could get me on a LOT of things. NC doesn't care about adultery. Heck, I have to be separated for a year before divorce can actually happen!

Your wife has a job and you are part time. Doesn't sound so much like she could do a lot to you. Coming from someone who was married w/children and the sole provider for over 18 years then went through a divorce you are golden. Sounds like to need to get the hell out of Dodge and divorce her from another state when time requirements permits.

• Members

So, after a short 3 years of marriage (I'm only 25), my wife has fallen out of love with me, had abandoned all her friends, cheated and is in a semblance of a relationship with a patient (she's a chiropractic office manager), and wants nothing more than to be free. She wants nothing. I get everything but her.

And before she pulled all this, I sold all my guitars and gear to free us from financial burdens. I have nothing left. So, there's no more music in my life.
:cry:

Please go easy. I'm not here for pity, I'm just asking for mojo and thoughts.

Exactly the same thing happened to me in 1980, I sold all my stuff and left the band to get the cash to pay off the debts that she had run up, then 2 weeks later she pissed off with the bloke next door, so I can really sympathize with you.

It's now 2012, I have re-married, moved from the UK to New Zealand (a much better place and a less stressed lifestyle) and have a very cool 12 year old son who has just started drum lessons, and have loads of guitars and amps and other musical stuff I have re-collected over the last 30 years.

So all I can say to you is stay positive, it will get better, even when you are down and think it can't get any worse things will get better and will it work all out for the best in the end... Karma is a great thing.

Honestly it will all get a whole lot better, but don't rush it 'cause it takes time.

You need to buy another guitar and amp, if you can't afford them then borrow them.

Hell, if you lived in NZ you could borrow a couple of mine 'till you get back on your feet.

Get divorced and never ever look back, it worked for me and I'm doing just fine now.

All the best man, sincerely.

Cheers

J_N.

• Members

I know I'm late to the party, but I was in a similar situation. Married at 22, divorced at 24. Except she accused me of cheating with everybody and their brother (literally), and tried to take a lot of the money and assets.

Its really going to hurt for a while, and you're emotions are going to go back and forth in every which way possible. All you can do is take it one day at a time, and you'll get through it. Just NEVER take her back, because the trust has been broken and it can never be regained.

I am happy that I am no longer with my ex-wife, and in time you'll feel the same way.

• Members

I have a better idea guys.

PPal me.

Acraby(at)yahoo(dot)com

In the notes with your donation: make note: For Sockmonster.

Sockmonster: Email (at the email in my sig) your name and address.

Open donations for the next 7 days. At the end, we'll tally up, and send him some good stuff with whatever we've raised.

I'll cover shipping, and make sure the money goes as far as possible, by working out some special pricing, and I'll ship it from here.

Agreed?

Bumpity bump for those, like me, that said they'd throw in on Friday.

Money sent.

Thanks again for putting this together, Loop.

• Members

Man, much mojo sent. I've been in the same boat for two years now. Try to forgive her, try to give her grace if she changes her mind and wants to work it out, and build a support structure to help you keep your sanity and not lose confidence in yourself. It does get better, I promise.

• Members

PPal me.

Acraby(at)yahoo(dot)com

Open donations for the next 7 days. At the end, we'll tally up, and send him some good stuff with whatever we've raised.

I'll cover shipping, and make sure the money goes as far as possible, by working out some special pricing, and I'll ship it from here.

Agreed?

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY. Though I'm not tallying till monday, so you can slip some $$ in over the weekend if you need to, I suppose.

So... I know he likes blackstars...

And we're closing in on one of these, with the $$ you guys have sent in, plus what I'll kick in...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HT1/

Keep it coming guys. Great job, and thanks to all you bighearts.

• Members

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY. Though I'm not tallying till monday, so you can slip some $$ in over the weekend if you need to, I suppose.

And we're closing in on one of these, with the $$ you guys have sent in, plus what I'll kick in...

Just sent you some cash brother. Let me know if you need me to chip in some more :thu:

• Members

I don't know if this has been said yet, but be sure to see a lawyer and get a legal separation agreement. This will protect you should she go nuts and try to go apply for loans, get new credit cards, etc...

The important thing right now is to fully protect yourself.

• Members

She wants nothing. I get everything but her.

Dude I would HIGHLY caution you to protect yourself and your assets. She's already proven to be a cheat, liar, horrible judge of character, incapable of logical thought etc. (not to superfluously demonize her). Don't be foolish / naive / etc. and dupped by all the "I want nothing" bull{censored}. Soon she will panic, spawing a whole {censored} load of nasty, parasitic behavior that will blind side you -- and she will be able to rationalize and justify it all.

• Members

PPal me.

Acraby(at)yahoo(dot)com

Agreed?

Money sent.

• Members

Paypal'd! I feel the awesome vibes already. :thu:

• Members

Dude I would HIGHLY caution you to protect yourself and your assets. She's already proven to be a cheat, liar, horrible judge of character, incapable of logical thought etc. (not to superfluously demonize her). Don't be foolish / naive / etc. and dupped by all the "I want nothing" bull{censored}. Soon she will panic, spawing a whole {censored} load of nasty, parasitic behavior that will blind side you -- and she will be able to rationalize and justify it all.

This.

"Hell hath no fury" and all that.

• Members

How'd we make out, LoopQuantum?

Archived