Cameron amps. What's the dealio?

Shine

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why are you rig talk guys here hashing out the same drama over the same guitar amps?

They're just freakin amps. The Cameron thing is a laughing stock around here, as are the people that obsess over them.

It's just too bad Jim Marshall perfected that tone with the Silver Jubilee. Cameron amps are just weak ripoffs for people that need to fill a void in their lives.

• Members

lulzing that someone took a lot of time out of their day to explain to us why our joking around about {censored} i could care less about is factually inaccurate.

go back to you wherever you came from; you really arent going to save the reputation of some thief drug addict around these parts. those amps dont even sound that good for the money and there must be a reason so many people buy them and then flip them shortly thereafter.

• Members

What happpend? Like really went on mark and the business partners and the old unfulfilled orders? Give me that dirty info.

This question was followed by page upon page of speculation and misinformation. All I have done is tried to share with readers of the thread what the owners of Cameron Amplification have said publicly themselves. Which, I might add, is in stark contrast to the majority of the unsubstantiated nonsense people have written in this thread.

And what do you mean by "Rig-Talk guys?" I don't care how many posts you have here on HC, you're just another member - same as me. Your rights to free speech here are no greater than mine or any other member's - whether he/she has 1 post or 38,000 posts.

As for the Cameron brand being a "laughing stock" around HC: re-read the thread. There are people here that are genuinely interested in hearing more about these amps. If you're not, then stop clicking on a thread that is specifically about them.

And your comments about the Marshall Jubilee series are absolutely absurd. Yes, the Jube's are fantastic amps with a unique Marshall tonality. However, they DO NOT sound like a CCV. Not even close. Not better, not worse - just not the same.

And speaking of "filling a void" in one's life - take a hard look in the mirror. 38,000 posts on an Internet forum over just a 5 year period? Really? 7,600 posts per year or 21 posts every day for 5 years? Try going outside now and then, or picking up the phone and arranging a time to sit and speak with a human being in person, instead of spending all of your time trolling discussion forum threads that you have clearly stated "don't interest you" (actions speak louder than words, by the way), throwing mud and making comments about products you have no experience with.

I'm done with you. I'm happy to continue the discussion with forum members that are open-minded, are able to participate in a mature debate and don't feel like they need to resort to "bullying tactics" and name calling to get heard.

• Members

You're right, the Jubilee is better. It's what that junky wanted his amps to sound like.

Now quit being a bitter loser fan boy and go on back to rig talk. The OP has been answered and your lies and half truths simply aren't needed. If your Cameron amps were so awesome you'd probably be playing them more and worrying about Internet {censored} talking less. But no, you write novels trying to defend a company you're not even a part of. Sad and pathetic.

• Members

so basically you roam around the internet trying to set people straight about how good these amps are? you are like a truth vigilante for people who dont really give a single {censored} bc we all have seen so many people buy and flip them that we would rather wipe our ass with 3.5k than support a liar drug addict.

and how long have you been working for them? is the meth good at least? hopefully its better than casual buttsecks fridays...

• Members
those amps dont even sound that good for the money and there must be a reason so many people buy them and then flip them shortly thereafter.

Yes, you are right. No one ever buys amps from other companies to try them out and then subsequently flip them. This never happens. :facepalm: The Mesa Mark V is a great example - a ton of people purchased these amps when they came out, and there is now a steady stream of them showing up in the online Classifieds. Does that mean they are not worth the money either?

As for the Camerons not sounding good for the money: how many Cameron amps have you owned? How many Cameron amps have you actually heard in person? Do you have any experience with these amps to even be making such bold statements? On the other hand, even if you do have personal experience, your comment represents an opinion, not fact. Thanks for sharing it but, respectfully, my opinion differs from yours.......

• Members

I have never indicated that I am trying to save the reputation of Mark Cameron. I personally think he's a thief that should be criminally charged and put in prison. It might actually provide him with a valuable life lesson. Taking money/property with the promise to deliver a service/product and then not delivering on that promise represents breach of contract. To subsequently not return the money/property when it is requested represents criminal theft. I am not arguing on these points - I agree with you 100%.

What I DO NOT agree with is tarnishing the new company's image with this legacy nonsense.

Yes, you are right. No one
ever
buys amps from other companies to try them out and then subsequently flip them. This
never
happens.
:facepalm:
The Mesa Mark V is a great example - a ton of people purchased these amps when they came out, and there is now a steady stream of them showing up in the online Classifieds. Does that mean they are not worth the money either?

As for the Camerons not sounding good for the money: how many Cameron amps have you owned? How many Cameron amps have you actually heard in person? Do you have any experience with these amps to even be making such bold statements? On the other hand, even if you do have personal experience, your comment represents an opinion, not fact. Thanks for sharing it but, respectfully, my opinion differs from yours.......

The Mark V seems to be getting sold off because they're unreliable and people can't keep them out of the shops.

What is the Cameron excuse? Sorry, am I eating in to your profit margin with your Jubilee ripoff?

• Members

Am I correct in understanding that Brad is charging the earlier customers his new price for the amps, requiring them to pay him an additional $1000- or thereabouts over the price they contracted to buy from Mark?

You are correct. They are required to pay additional monies to get to the new selling price of $3,599. Considering that building the amp from the ground up, through barrang, only cost around $1,600- $1,800, it was a scumbag thing to ask for. Basically, the new company wanted to profit off of the owed amps. Unfortunately it will never come to fruition. I did hear that two people did get owed amps, but it was a super secret, hush, hush operation.

• Members

You are correct. They are required to pay additional monies to get to the new selling price of $3,599. Considering that building the amp from the ground up, through barrang, only cost around $1,600- $1,800, it was a scumbag thing to ask for. Basically, the new company wanted to profit off of the owed amps. Unfortunately it will never come to fruition. I did hear that two people did get owed amps, but it was a super secret, hush, hush operation.

Good morning, Dave.

I'm not going to wax philosophical on whether or not the new company should profit from delivering these owed amps. I tend to agree they should not "profit", but they also shouldn't have to go out-of-pocket to cover the personal debts of Mark Cameron.

However, I will point out that the cost of manufacturing the amps through barrang was certainly not the only "cost" of delivering these owed amps. What about the time and effort invested by Brad & Co. to get this new venture off the ground, to source parts, put in place arrangements with vendors, etc.? Should they be expected to eat these financial and opportunity costs?....I think not. If it wasn't for their investment of time and money to get this new venture up and running, the fine gentlemen that are owed amps by Mark Cameron would never have had any possibility of getting anything back.

At the very least, due to the new venture and the time invested to get it operating, these individuals now have a hope of perhaps one day getting their amp. I don't understand why people don't see this. Without Brad, nobody would be getting anything. With Brad, they might in fact get an amp. Seems these individuals are in an infinitely better position now than they were prior to Brad's involvement.....

You know, I always enjoyed reading your posts on RT - it was a shame you decided to leave but I respect your decision. One thing that always struck me about you was that, although you are committed to your opinions, you always treated others that had differing opinions with respect. Unfortunately, we can't say the same for a number of other forum members still loitering in a thread they claim does not interest them.

• Members

that's because we don't respect you or your crappy amps. better hurry before we run the resale value down.

brad wanted the name, and the name is associated with {censored}. he now has to deal with {censored}. he wouldn't have nearly the same volume of business had he called them King amps, and used a circuit similar to Cameron's. You get that part, right?

regardless, I'm still trying to understand why you are so emotionally invested to the point of having to come over here and sling insults to people you don't know.

again, it's sad and pathetic.

• Members
...these individuals now have a
hope
of
perhaps
one day getting their amp...Seems these individuals are in an infinitely better position now than they were prior to Brad's involvement.....

He's making them PAY MORE MONEY?
Who's got an "owed" amp already?

How much profit has he made?

Seems legit.

:lol:

• Members

its perfectly fine bc they found a loophole, duh.

im just glad we have random truth defenders around to make everything ok. still not sure why some biased vigilante wants to set the record straight so badly but he says he doesnt work there and isnt selling anything so i guess we have to believe him.

• Members
He's making them PAY MORE MONEY?

Who's got an "owed" amp already?

How much profit has he made?

Seems legit.

:lol:

yeah, there's not a damn thing nobel about this. he's taking Mark's cut, AND upping the price to ensure he still profits from each amp sold.

using the Cameron brand name, just outside legal confines so he can profit from the name without having to accept any of the {censored} that went with it.

{censored} him.

• Members

The Mark V seems to be getting sold off because they're unreliable and people can't keep them out of the shops.

What is the Cameron excuse? Sorry, am I eating in to your profit margin with your Jubilee ripoff?

Really? This is the first time I have heard this.

Archived