Cameron amps. What's the dealio?

Shine

• Members

granted I thought he was kind of a douche when he steam rolled that noob over a deal gone bad. I believe he forced the guy in to selling his only amp for repayment, with the threat of sending his attorney over a minor issue.

exactly

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
ah, thanks
:thu:

So, from what I understood Mark Cameron left or flaked out on his own. Now that Brad doesn't have to pay Mark a slice of the amp sales, why isn't Brad King putting that same percentage in an account to fund the backlog of amps that Mark sold?

that I do not know, maybe because they are not selling like johnny cakes as expected? it would sure take a lot of sales to give away free amplifiers especially with all the men involved, they all need to eat at least three main courses per day

• Members

that I do not know, maybe because they are not selling like johnny cakes as expected? it would sure take a lot of sales to give away free amplifiers especially with all the men involved, they all need to eat at least three main courses per day

I think you're somewhat correct in that they're probably not flying off the shelves as fast as the owners thought. It sounds great when you have a forum full of 80's cockrockers begging for the amps to be made. However, once the ones that can afford it make their purchase, they're back to trying to break in to a market that TGP is chock full of.

how in the world did this many people decide building $3500 guitar amps was a great idea? Most of them all claim the same {censored}... Hot Rodded Marshall with the best boutique components money can buy!! Mercury Magnetic transformers, Zozo caps, Hot rodded plexi but with amazing cleans... great. After a while they all start to sound the same, and really once you get any of them in a band, it'll all be up to the player anyway.

I'll stick with my production Marshalls/Fenders. Seems that's all I see when I play live/go see bands anyway. Very rare that I see anything boutique actually getting on stage. Most of the time it's Twins/JCM800's/DSL's and the like.

• Members

I'll stick with my production Marshalls/Fenders. Seems that's all I see when I play live/go see bands anyway. Very rare that I see anything boutique actually getting on stage. Most of the time it's Twins/JCM800's/DSL's and the like.

smart men think alike, we should make a movie sometime, not in underwear though....

• Members

smart men think alike, we should make a movie sometime, not in underwear though....

it's funny how the boutique crowd leads their legions of followers to believe that the mainstays of stages the world over will just suddenly break down for absolutely no reason.

"Oh man, I just read that PCB's SUCK!!! I don't even know why or how but goddamn if I don't need to throw this thing away like a rotten vagina, and get a real amp!! Oh {censored}, you mean just getting a boutique amp wasn't enough? I need to pay Dave Friedman to modify it for me so I can truly rock the living room? sign me the hell up!"

• Members

Dave Friedman FTW......../thread.

I learned to stay clear of anything Cameron years ago.
:snax:

sorry but Cameron is basically Friedman, he's involved and the amps actually sound like his. I had two Friedmans, a mod and a build, never again, he uses famous artists and homosexual names to sell amps to gullible and experimental type men. Here he is with El Jefe:

matrixxz.jpg

• Members
sorry but Cameron is basically Friedman, he's involved and the amps actually sound like his. I had two Friedmans, a mod and a build, never again, he uses famous artists and homosexual names to sell amps to gullible and experimental type men. Here he is with El Jefe:

matrixxz.jpg

tumblr_lp45g0lwjf1qgt40no1_400.gif

• Members
Well, with the re-design/layout announced for round 2 of the production amps they have virtually guaranteed gold plated status to the first run and early production amps that were touched by the hand of the amps name sake
:lol:

True that.....I'm glad I got the first one. It's worked perfectly since I got it last September. I don't know about any issues with Barrang, but I do know Mark at least did the final check on mine.

8f114b63.jpg

Also had it next to an original CCV wholly built by Mark and it sounded the same - better when I swapped the JJs for SEDs....

P9250001.jpg

• Members

matrixxz.jpg

thats a nice picture, those men look happy and maybe not too hungry:eek:

• Members

This thread is chock full of awesomeness. People are realizing what's going actually going on. I just feel bad for the few that don't realize that they are not getting Mark Cameron designs (outside of the "first" run CCV's).

Don, These pictures are hilarious.

55671363.png

85111525.png

• Members
Well, with the re-design/layout announced for round 2 of the production amps they have virtually guaranteed gold plated status to the first run and early production amps that were touched by the hand of the amps name sake

Wait till Mark starts modding these next production runs and people never get their amps back:lol:

• Members

I missed the part where the second run wasn't going to be the same layout/design. Are all the first run amps sold? So technically, the people that paid for a Cameron before Brad will never get one regardless if they get an amp because they are ending production of the original design and layout? At best they can hope that they get one of the second run?

• Members

wow, Thump, psychodave, and Don all banned. Considering they all helped get RT off the ground, I'm a bit surprised.

oh well, RT sucks anyway. Brad King seems like a supreme douche that uses his money to get his way. Glad he doesn't spend time here, and maybe the Cameron amp venture will lose him a chunk of cash.

• Members

I missed the part where the second run wasn't going to be the same layout/design. Are all the first run amps sold? So technically, the people that paid for a Cameron before Brad will never get one regardless if they get an amp because they are ending production of the original design and layout? At best they can hope that they get one of the second run?

George Metro posts in the following thread that he doesnt know how to build the CCV and has to have someone else help with the design changes. It's interesting to see that although George can't build the CCV, he is certain that it will sound the same :facepalm:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113688

Here is the 2nd run thread...almost a year old with no amps shipping :lol:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=93879

The thing I don't understand is why didn't they use Marks original design? It's proven to sound good. They could have put out 50 by now with no issues. I guess the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" never came to mind.

Maybe Brad can find some German investor and sell off his share...:cop:

• Members

Interesting read, I hadn't seen that.

This avatar someone had was the best part:

file.php?avatar=181_1332460786.jpg

And Psychodave (if that is the real Psychodave
) That Jose clip where you played Burning Times was the best sounding clip on YouTube
:thu:

Yup, its me. Thanks for the nice comment. I should have kept that amp.

Archived