Cameron amps. What's the dealio?

Shine

• Members

Not actually or legally. BUT thats where keeping the name was a mistake. It gives the impression the he did take it over.

again, he knew it was the only way to differentiate this line of amps from every other boutique builder out there claiming to have the mod magic.

he assumed the reputation of Cameron amps, even if he found a legal loophill to weasel out of assuming the actual company.

he was all smiles and promises when talking about making the people scammed whole again. now he just wants to profit off those that were scammed.

Brad could just come out and say it, but it appears he's {censored} footing around with the actual happenings of the company. Hiding behind his legal team, and trying to turn a cottage industry name in to a profitable business.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

touche' fully understood. The whole deal stinks, right from the get go, whether its Mark Cameron, or Mark and Chris, or Brad King and Mark C, or Brad King. A bunch of people were taken for a ride. I fell really bad for all the owners of the amps sitting in rooms waiting for Mark to mod them too, been down this road before with another amp-builder myself. Had to eventually drive down to Fairbault Minnesota and pick up my 1978 Mark2 Super Lead head in a box and bring it home. Was just gonna make a armchair table out of it and place a lamp on it, but swapped it to Wolfe Macleod for some pickups!!!! :)

• Members

again, he knew it was the only way to differentiate this line of amps from every other boutique builder out there claiming to have the mod magic.

he assumed the reputation of Cameron amps, even if he found a legal loophill to weasel out of assuming the actual company.

he was all smiles and promises when talking about making the people scammed whole again. now he just wants to profit off those that were scammed.

Brad could just come out and say it, but it appears he's {censored} footing around with the actual happenings of the company. Hiding behind his legal team, and trying to turn a cottage industry name in to a profitable business.

Agreed.

I wouldnt be surprised if he isn't trying to sell off his share...

• Members

He's retarded if he thought it was neccessary to keep the name. It really wasn't. Rig-Talk alone would have gotten the word out. Especially if people heard, "they bought the cameron schematics and told the scam artist to {censored} off."

Brad really {censored}ed himself by trying to make good on the deals gone bad. He either should have compensated them or ignored them completely. Not, I'll compensate you but first pay me more money. Thats pretty ridiculous.

That said I still think there is more to this than what we've been presented with.

• Members
touche' fully understood. The whole deal stinks, right from the get go, whether its Mark Cameron, or Mark and Chris, or Brad King and Mark C, or Brad King. A bunch of people were taken for a ride. I fell really bad for all the owners of the amps sitting in rooms waiting for Mark to mod them too, been down this road before with another amp-builder myself. Had to eventually drive down to Fairbault Minnesota and pick up my 1978 Mark2 Super Lead head in a box and bring it home. Was just gonna make a armchair table out of it and place a lamp on it, but swapped it to Wolfe Macleod for some pickups!!!!
:)

Even with that amp in pieces, them better had been some bad ass pick ups! A 78 SL for pickups? Wish I could find deals like that.

At lest you got your amp back. Ive read some scary stuff about dudes shipping their stuff off, never to see it again. Its a shame.

• Members
He's retarded if he thought it was neccessary to keep the name. It really wasn't. Rig-Talk alone would have gotten the word out. Especially if people heard, "they bought the cameron schematics and told the scam artist to {censored} off."

Brad really {censored}ed himself by trying to make good on the deals gone bad. He either should have compensated them or ignored them completely. Not, I'll compensate you but first pay me more money. Thats pretty ridiculous.

That said I still think there is more to this than what we've been presented with.

{censored}, I'd rather play your Superbass anyway, it sounds better than any of these modded things out there.

I don't really know why I'm still in this thread :facepalm:

After Brad threatened that dude on RT with legal action, and forced him to sell his only freakin amp, I really have stopped giving a {censored} what Brad King does. It was similar to using a steamroller to make a damn burger. Of course, I'm not a business owner, so I'm just speaking out of my ass about what I feel is right. There is no right and wrong to these dudes. just legal, illegal and curveball ways to make illegal things just legal enough. oh well.

• Members

Even with that amp in pieces, them better had been some bad ass pick ups! A 78 SL for pickups? Wish I could find deals like that.

At lest you got your amp back. Ive read some scary stuff about dudes shipping their stuff off, never to see it again. Its a shame.

You dont know what this super lead had been through!!!! lol, there wasnt any Marshall left in it, other than transformers. It was the most cobbled together mess you've ever seen, and had been to numerous people to try and get it operating again, no go.

• Members

He kept more than just the name, the whole marketing for the company is based-off Mark's reputation, who is mentioned as a "legend" at the company's website. Whatever.

Cameron News: Mark Cameron has been an enigma in the world of rock and roll for many years. He has been sought after by a who's who of rock guitarists for his hot-rodded tones and highly prized amp mod. He is equally legendary for his exceptional wait times. Mark decided to take everything he knew from a lifetime of working on amps to make an amp from the ground up. This culminated in the CCV all tube amplifier. In association with Brad King of
www.rig-talk.com
and Rob Navarrette and Dave Friedman of Tone Merchants/Rack Systems in North Hollywood, CA, we are making Mark's creation a reality with full scale production under way.

• Members

In B4 the donbarzini RT butthurt........eh, nevermind, too late. :soapbox:

what are you like two years old constantly saying "butthurt"? You are like a creepy internet stalker on every forum who probably surfs all day nude in that buffalo bill looking dwelling you reside in. The only one with so called "butthurt" is you from taking it in the ass from all these fully grown men you constantly praise and worship on a daily basis, they are probably creeped out by you as well.

• Members

You dont know what this super lead had been through!!!! lol, there wasnt any Marshall left in it, other than transformers. It was the most cobbled together mess you've ever seen, and had been to numerous people to try and get it operating again, no go.

Oh I can imagine. Ever seen one of those Tommy Folkesson (sp?) amps? I wanna throw up every time I see pics of one. SEVERE hack jobs. Dont care how good they're supposed to sound.

I've actually bought junked out stuff like you describe yours, so I know what youre saying. I had a 73 superbass chassis that the front looked like swiss cheese. It was horrible. Had the head shell that had been cut out to accomodate a fan..tolex strtipped of & re-covered in black duct tape.

Sad what happened to alot of great amps.

• Members

what are you like two years old constantly saying "butthurt"? You are like a creepy internet stalker on every forum who probably surfs all day nude in that buffalo bill looking dwelling you reside in. The only one with so called "butthurt" is you from taking it in the ass from all these fully grown men you constantly praise and worship on a daily basis, they are probably creeped out by you as well.

don't respond to him, or he'll post 8 million pictures of his freeman modded things that no one cares to see.

• Members

He kept more than just the name, the whole marketing for the company is based-off Mark's reputation, who is mentioned as a "legend" at the company's website. Whatever.

exactly!! dude is pimping that name as hard as he possibly {censored}ing can. he's just a bottom line dude, that has no business around musicians. He's basically a {censored}ing outsider military dweeb that is using his wealth to be relevent.

• Members

{censored}, I'd rather play your Superbass anyway, it sounds better than any of these modded things out there.

I don't really know why I'm still in this thread
:facepalm:

After Brad threatened that dude on RT with legal action, and forced him to sell his only freakin amp, I really have stopped giving a {censored} what Brad King does. It was similar to using a steamroller to make a damn burger. Of course, I'm not a business owner, so I'm just speaking out of my ass about what I feel is right. There is no right and wrong to these dudes. just legal, illegal and curveball ways to make illegal things just legal enough. oh well.

Whoa I'm totally unfamiliar with this situation. :eek:

I completely agree with you that sometimes its not about whats legal, its about whats right. Unfortunately I guess Brad doesn't give a {censored}. :lol:

However, I gotta say I think Cameron amps sound damn good.

• Members

exactly!! dude is pimping that name as hard as he possibly {censored}ing can. he's just a bottom line dude, that has no business around musicians. He's basically a {censored}ing outsider military dweeb that is using his wealth to be relevent.

I always wondered where the {censored} he came from. It's like he popped in overnight and suddenly was the owner of rig-talk. :idk:

• Members

Whoa I'm totally unfamiliar with this situation.
:eek:

I completely agree with you that sometimes its not about whats legal, its about whats right. Unfortunately I guess Brad doesn't give a {censored}.
:lol:

However, I gotta say I think Cameron amps sound damn good.

I think they sound good, but for the price there are amps I like way more. It's basically a boosted Marshall tone and I can get a good Marshall and boost for 1/3 of the price and not have to deal with a company that associated itself with a known thief, who ripped off musicians to the tune of 40k or more.

• Members
I always wondered where the {censored} he came from. It's like he popped in overnight and suddenly was the owner of rig-talk.
:idk:

Thump put it up for sale on ebay, and Brad bought it. It sounded like he wanted NAMM tickets, but had no way of getting in without an industry connection. So he bought himself some friends. Pretty cool :rolleyes:

• Members

there was a matter of a couple hundred dollar transaction going south, and Brad pointed out that the dude he was dealing with had a Mesa listed in his signature. Started railroading the guy with threats of his legal team saying he needed to sell his only amp to make up the couple hundred bucks. Was homeboy's only amp, while Brad sat back and high fived his buddies over telling the dude what was up. It was pretty damn pathetic. The dude in question wasn't exactly a stand up individual, but Brad wasn't getting scammed.

Thump put it up for sale on ebay, and Brad bought it. It sounded like he wanted NAMM tickets, but had no way of getting in without an industry connection. So he bought himself some friends. Pretty cool
:rolleyes:

I always thought Mark was a piece of {censored} for what he did, hell, I dealt with him and it was a friggin' nightmare with all his lies but I was fortunate to get my amplifier back even though it looked like it was modded by a hack. Sounded like {censored} too, got rid of it quick. Some of these a-holes think its cool to boast about getting their {censored} back while others are out thousands, pretty uncool IMO. El Jefe bought his way into the scene, it's funny how so many of his so called internet bros can't stand the guy for being such a poser, men he has no idea about, I wouldn't buy a glass of ice water from him in the middle of the desert let alone wear one of his shirts he's pimping. That whole L.A. crew associated with RT are all shady IMO, they all specialize in selling pre-orders and places in line to blind fools.

• Members

I look at Cameron amps the same way i do Rockett Drum Works. Fine tuned and designed for old washed 80s cock rockers who cant grow the {censored} up. I wish Ricky Rockett would just build a giant rocket, do us all a favor and lauch himself into the atmosphere and melt. Or choke on a tofu burger. Either would do. Cameron amp guys can do the same

• Members

that's the thing, El Jefe boasts about all his money and possessions in various threads but yet goes tilt over a couple hundred bucks and starts a thread to get support from all his followers to {censored} on the guy in question for shipping his cabinet overnight instead of ground. I would have just dealt with the guy personally. If el jefe goes nuts over a couple hundred bucks out of his pocket, do these poor men actually think he's going to pay for their amplifiers and lose money out of his greedy hands? El Jefe is the king of "PayPal Gift" as well, any way to swindle that extra dollar. Hey men, give me thousands of dollars to pre-order {censored} from me that doesn't exist yet.

Archived