Cameron amps. What's the dealio?

Shine

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dave and I talked. I am happy that we talked about what happened.

We had a deal yrs ago and I backed out of it because I thought I was going to just get ripped off again.

The deal just sounded shady at the time and this was right after I dealt with Cameron & Abrahamian.

When I heard Dave was in cahootz with Cameron,,, I just looked at him touting the enemy flag and chalked it up to birds of a feather ,flock together. I was @ war and they were partners,so to speak.

Dave messaged me to talk about it. We had a nice talk,,,and he actually said he regrets this whole cameron deal.

He said,,,he had a bunch of people saying "Dave,help me get jy amp back from Mark".

He said he didnt realize all the baggage stating,,,,they are still trying to get ccvs into peoples hands.

I heard him out , and told him mine and I came away with a new respect for him!

He offered to talk once & awhile and the conversation ended on a really positive note!

I had my reasons and he was the only one outta that whole bunch that actually has some decency!

I put mu "guns" away where dave is concerned!

He charges a hefty price for his work because he said thats what the market dictated so he matched it.

I thought he was trying to gouge me and he was no better than cam / rksth.

Anyway,,, I figured I would check back and fill in the blanks.

Dave is actually an awesome guy, doin his thing to support his family,,,just like myself.

I really "felt" where he was coming from.

That hatchet is buried! Friedman will no longer hear anything but good from me.

He's a good dude who just got himself mixed up in a good deal gone bad !

Im in process of trying to dispell the negativity of this whole thing !

I never knew just wanting "whats mine" would erupt into this crazy ass fiasco!

I apologise if I hurt feelings along the way. I was like a wounded animal,,,even biting the ones trying to help.

After awhile,,, I was taking hits from all corners. It was a {censored}ed up time and I just wish the negative stuff never happened.

Any,,, you all take care,,, and thank you guys for listening and trying to understand.

Mark and a few other haters are still having their entertainment with my name.

I never thought I would be denied so badly. I wouldve never been using my own identity or going through all this bull{censored} if I wasnt sincere!

Thanks to some good people i've met along the way !

I just wish they werent so scared to openly speak their mind,,,fearing blowback.

Its a crazy world! ; )

• Members

well all the drama is almost over. I'm happy that I turned aeound a bad situation.
There are still people out there hating,,, either cause I stood up to their buddys or a golden oportunity presented itself to me and people see what got me into modding abd they really want someone to take over where cameron left off.
The real shame tho is the people who helped me are now getting so much "blowback" as they see it.
,,,, I CAN HANDLE IT!
But for them,,, They are up against a "machine".
The people operating this machine has so many people hypnotised and "dick riding" them, that its hard to overcome.
I hope they get their stuff in gear or they will let the others win.
They are on RigTalk & that place is ran by a miser pretending to be genuine but is driven by money,,,not love.
The peeps helping me are worried that "if they step out of line" they will get booted.
I told them {censored} it,,,but they insist on keeping "silent" because RT is a cash generator. i know,,, sad right.
the mighty buck wins in the end. I wish money was never created!
I went on ebay & totally went to do my own thing as "WICKED WISDOM MODS" LOL
A LITTLE PLAY ON WORDS HEHE
Knowledge is awesome as in "wicked awesome " but the way some used it as a tool to rape people makes it wicked in a "bad way".

I hope that everything works out ok for them.
I JUST TOOK THE REIGNS IN MY PERSONAL SITUATION.
I hope my friends can too!!!

• Members

MY TATTOO APPRENTICE took a 20 dollar bill & wrote on it " I AM A LITTLE PIECE OF PAPER , AND I OWN YOUR SOUL"'

ITS A SHAME BECAUSE THESE GUYS WERE REALLY DIGGING THE "FLOW" UNTIL THEY GET BOMBARDED WITH QUESTIONS AND HOSTILITY.

They really love this stuff but I think I move to fast for them. They are "folding" a little bit. One of the guys is really well know n for his wares.

the other is a passionate dude but I think this el jefe asshole has an iron grip on RT and our friend is afraid to step out from the shadows.

I think with the right support ,,,they can take it all over.

RigTalk is a machine,,,, any machine can be taken apart . I have started through ebay with WICKED WISDOM MODS. . NO EL JEFE THERE ! LOl!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

What. Da. {censored}.

Ok, beyond all the weirdness going on in this thread, I have a line on a used "first run" CCV for a good price. Bad idea? Besides all the drama, do these amps actually sound good? Is the thing going to blow up as soon as I turn it on and spray cocaine and KY all over the place?

And as far as I know the "second run" CCVs being built by Metro are the same as the first ones "designed" by Cameron. They are just changing the layout because the first ones had boards built upside down so Cameron could "hide" his precious design. I don't care about authenticity or "touched by an angel" BS. I just want an amp that sounds good.

So, yay or nay?

• Members

What. Da. {censored}.

Ok, beyond all the weirdness going on in this thread, I have a line on a used "first run" CCV for a good price. Bad idea? Besides all the drama, do these amps actually sound good? Is the thing going to blow up as soon as I turn it on and spray cocaine and KY all over the place?

And as far as I know the "second run" CCVs being built by Metro are the same as the first ones "designed" by Cameron. They are just changing the layout because the first ones had boards built upside down so Cameron could "hide" his precious design. I don't care about authenticity or "touched by an angel" BS. I just want an amp that sounds good.

So, yay or nay?

I don't know man. I have had my CCV for several months now, past the honeymoon phase and I am very happy with it. I don't know why it would blow up, it seems to be built like a tank as far as I can tell. The amp itself is the same size as a Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier but it weighs a lot more. I've owned (and still have) a number of higher end amps, but sold both my XTC and CAA PT100 after getting the CCV. All this stuff on this thread is pretty funny, but the amps themselves are anything but. Let me know if you have any specific questions on the amp.

The 2nd "run" seems to be taking awhile, certainly increasing the drama quotient of the whole mess, but as far as I know, the 2nd run will differ in as much as it will have a MIDI controllable loop, and have some MIDI function switches relocated to the front panel. At their full, retail price, unless I had money into it already, I couldn't imagine waiting to buy one if I had a lead on a first run amp that has been handled nicely.

People can hate on the maker/retailer/whatever but the fact remains that these are really neat amps. $3.5K nice? I don't know, but I do not regret buying it (though I didn't buy it new).

• Members

I don't know man. I have had my CCV for several months now, past the honeymoon phase and I am very happy with it. I don't know why it would blow up, it seems to be built like a tank as far as I can tell. The amp itself is the same size as a Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier but it weighs a lot more. I've owned (and still have) a number of higher end amps, but sold both my XTC and CAA PT100 after getting the CCV. All this stuff on this thread is pretty funny, but the amps themselves are anything but. Let me know if you have any specific questions on the amp.

The 2nd "run" seems to be taking awhile, certainly increasing the drama quotient of the whole mess, but as far as I know, the 2nd run will differ in as much as it will have a MIDI controllable loop, and have some MIDI function switches relocated to the front panel. At their full, retail price, unless I had money into it already, I couldn't imagine waiting to buy one if I had a lead on a first run amp that has been handled nicely.

People can hate on the maker/retailer/whatever but the fact remains that these are really neat amps. $3.5K nice? I don't know, but I do not regret buying it (though I didn't buy it new).

Yeah, I wouldn't buy a new one considering the cost. But the used one I found has a reasonable asking price.

Archived