Cameron amps. What's the dealio?

Shine

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dunno, i feel like if you take over a brand you have an obligation to fulfill orders that have already paid. that is just terrible business practice and a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

not the best example but a cook doesnt walk in at shift change and throw away all the tickets that havent been made yet.

It would have been the smart thing to do imo. It would have cleared the Cameron name going forward, at least for the business Brad King started. Brad has said he's not willing to change the name of the amps, so the stigma is going to be there until the past issues get resolved. Mark Cameron will probably continue to be a thieving addict, but there's not much you can do about that.

• Members

With Mark jumping ship, it's doubtfull that anyone that ordered from him will be getting their unfulfilled order because the money for those old orders was supposed to come from Mark's share of the profits. With him gone, he doesn't get any profits obviously, so no money will go towards paying back those he owes.

Brad King has no obligation to fill those orders and has said as much. The Cameron name continues to have a tarnished rep and will so for a long time. Of course, this doesn't stop the owners from raving about the amps until they can flip them.

You're wrong. Brad has said OVER AND OVER again that they will do their best to satisfy the old orders regardless of where Mark is in the picture. I've spoken to Brad several times about it. Of course, there is always a risk that it doesn't happen, but they are going to try like hell to clear the bad reputation.

That said, I'm skeptical but if it comes out publically that the lost CCV's won't be provided, it should be a whole lot of bad press.

• Members

You're wrong. Brad has said OVER AND OVER again that they will do their best to satisfy the old orders regardless of where Mark is in the picture. I've spoken to Brad several times about it. Of course, there is always a risk that it doesn't happen, but they are going to try like hell to clear the bad reputation.

That said, I'm skeptical but if it comes out publically that the lost CCV's won't be provided, it should be a whole lot of bad press.

They can 'do their best' all they want. Bottom line, those guys who paid for an amp, are still {censored}ed. They were {censored}ed when Mark used their money to buy meth and frozen pizza and they're still {censored}ed now.

• Members

yeah i guess if this was happening to a legitimate company i would be more surprised and feel worse for the people getting screwed. but if you are spending that kind of money on a known addict i guess there is always a good chance you end up ampless and thats the risk you take to add another name to your flipped amps column.

• Members

1. hype amp

2. "sell" fictional hyped amp

3. disappear

4. sell amp company name to a lambo driving music forum owner

5. said owner re-hypes amp

6. take more money from new buyers

7. never produce first "sold" amps

8. laugh all the way to the ferrarri dealership.

• Members

They can 'do their best' all they want. Bottom line, those guys who paid for an amp, are still {censored}ed. They were {censored}ed when Mark used their money to buy meth and frozen pizza and they're still {censored}ed now.

Did you have a conversation with Brad? How did you form this opinion? You seem pretty certain. You may be right in the end, but nothing is set in stone.

• Members

I read the thread over at Rig Talk started by the guy that ordered his amp from Mark before Brad. Brad publicly claims that he'll take care of those guys that are out an amp, but he also said he has no legal obligation to fill those orders. So what does that mean? To me its clear that those guys are {censored} out of luck until Brad decides that he has made enough money to do it. When does that happen? Who knows? There's no clear set point. Cameron Amps make $30k and everyone gets their amps? No one can tell. It was said that a share of Mark's profits would go to building amps for those guys that he took money from. Well, now that he's not in the picture, where's the money to come from? It's not like they designated 25% of the profits as Mark's regardless if he was there or not.

What they should do is continue to keep a percentage back regardless if Mark is in the picture or not. Now that Mark is "out of the picture" they just seem to be taking his share and banking it or rolling it back into the manufacturing. It's convenient for them in some ways that he's gone. Which, from a business point makes sense, but the liability of those back orders should have been the first priority. It was strongly implied from the beginning, that they would try to make it right. I don't know how much profit this venture is making, but I'm going to guess it's not what Brad initially thought it would be, thus the reason they haven't been able to fill those back orders.

• Members

1. hype amp

2. "sell" fictional hyped amp

3. disappear

4. sell amp company name to a lambo driving music forum owner

5. said owner re-hypes amp

6. take more money from new buyers

7. never produce first "sold" amps

8. laugh all the way to the ferrarri dealership.

ok, so no accountability from the owners who assumed control of the company. People who paid upfront have been sent nothing and no refunds. And people still continue to support meth addicts with shady business practices.

Seems legit to purchase from them.

• Members

I read the thread over at Rig Talk started by the guy that ordered his amp from Mark before Brad. Brad publicly claims that he'll take care of those guys that are out an amp, but he also said he has no legal obligation to fill those orders. So what does that mean? To me its clear that those guys are {censored} out of luck until Brad decides that he has made enough money to do it. When does that happen? Who knows? There's no clear set point. Cameron Amps make $30k and everyone gets their amps? No one can tell. It was said that a share of Mark's profits would go to building amps for those guys that he took money from. Well, now that he's not in the picture, where's the money to come from? It's not like they designated 25% of the profits as Mark's regardless if he was there or not.

What they should do is continue to keep a percentage back regardless if Mark is in the picture or not. Now that Mark is "out of the picture" they just seem to be taking his share and banking it or rolling it back into the manufacturing. It's convenient for them in some ways that he's gone. Which, from a business point makes sense, but the liability of those back orders should have been the first priority. It was strongly implied from the beginning, that they would try to make it right. I don't know how much profit this venture is making, but I'm going to guess it's not what Brad initially thought it would be, thus the reason they haven't been able to fill those back orders.

You're basically right and Brad and co will be providing the amps out of their own pocket. 2 of the amps have been provided (there were 13 total) so they are slowing coming to those who placed orders before Brad.

• Members

anyone else notice that the only 3 people defending this company own cameron amps

:lol:

wonder if they would be singing the same tune if they had paid all that money and were still waiting?

I'm not defending the company, I'm actually owed an amp. I'm just trying to clear up misconceptions about what has been promised.

• Members

The Atomica clips sound crazy good. I want to try one

werent those based on "the" Atomica amp? I read a story about that amp. I think it was one of those "Holy Grail" Jose modded Marshalls. Then it was accidently returned to stock specs & sold

• Members

werent those based on "the" Atomica amp? I read a story about that amp. I think it was one of those "Holy Grail" Jose modded Marshalls. Then it was accidently returned to stock specs & sold

Yup. The clips I've heard interest me way more than the CCV.

• Members

I'm going to make a trip to king guitar in the next couple weeks to demo and atomica and maybe the CCV if Brad has a CCV to demo

I see that you're in MA. You should bring an Atomica home and we should have a NewEngland ampfest :thu::lol:

• Members

Yeah, but what happened? Like really went on mark and the business partners and the old unfulfilled orders? Give me that dirty info.

:snax:

The ones who are {censored}ed with no hope sent amps and ca$h for mods. I saw a thread saying he had rooms full.

• Members

Yeah... like his crack dealer for instance.
:lol:

yeah its funny...how come its always the same guys with the 'class act stand up guy REAL HUMAN BEING AND A REAL HERO' statements

and the guys they defend end up being scammers??!?! whats up with that!?!?

[video=youtube;-DSVDcw6iW8]

Archived