Nikki Sixx goes nuts on stage.

Warhorse

• Members

It's funny how people can have no problem using "gay" as a pejorative but are just out of their minds because someone said the word ****** in reference to a man that was beating up a woman.
:facepalm:

seriously. what the {censored} is wrong with peoples thought process these days?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's poor word choice on his part, can't defend it.

My lesson was learned early on about using that word and it's one of the few unacceptable words in the language. I don't like it when anyone uses it and I think it's ridiculous that it's ok for some but not others to use it.

But all this talk about the word makes me want to post this....
[video=youtube;f3PJF0YE-x4]

hopefully I don't get banned for posting this, it shouldn't be a bannable offense

• Members
Guns n Roses and Motley Crue have somehow been remembered as being different then Bang Tango and Faster Pussycat. Why, I have no idea.

This. There was that commercial MC did during the Superbowl, almost like they are still relevant or a mainstream band.:facepalm: Yes, N***** is the wrong choice of words for any situation. People just come back to that word when they're pissed off, or frustrated at themselves, so they pick on minorities.:rolleyes:

• Members

1. That's not what I aksed, I aksed what would YOU say, not "a black guy on stage".

2. Kramer'd

:lol:

Well, truthfully I'd probably call him a white trash hillbilly piece of {censored}. I also wouldn't throw out the N-bomb. Being a rockstar is great and all, but use your {censored}ing head before you speak into a microphone.

• Members

Kind of like the guy who got a Biblical passage condemning homosexuality tattooed on his arm, apparently not knowing that the same passage later condemns getting tattooed.

LOL!!!!!! i {censored}ing love it.

i'm not religious, never have been, never was even exposed to religion growing up.

yet i know more about bible passages than my neighbor who goes to church every sunday.

• Members

hopefully I don't get banned for posting this, it shouldn't be a bannable offense

"By the way, I've never done that joke again, ever, and I probably never will. 'Cos some people that were racist thought they had license to say ******. So, I'm done with that routine."

• Members

Yeah, I remember the part where you were asking why it's ok for blacks to use the word, but not whites even when it's aimed at someone who's "being one".

Why is it a dumb word to use if, according to you, it has a meaning outside of being racially charged? You should be allowed to just spout it out whenever then, no?

Boy I disagree with this. You are forgetting context, tone of voice and hell, even body language...with the afore mentioned, language would be nonsensical and contradictory at times.

I personally don't think that the "n" word has any appropriate use at all, and I think you agree but; most words have many meanings and some of them are both vulgar or erotic at the same time. Just think of the word {censored}. ex: you are a dumb {censored} or I don't give a {censored} or even using the same word during an erotic encounter not as a "vulgarism" but as an erotic stimulus.

I also think that until black folks stop using the word, the use by whites will not end. I have played a lot of b-ball in my life and often I was the only white guy on the court. I was close enough to quite a few blacks and they'd call my honky and I'd call them ******; both of us knew it was endearing and not insulting. I have also gotten mad and called a black a ****** and my intention was not so honorable. It still comes down to context.

• Members
I read about this incident way back in 97 in Guitar Player magazine in an interview with Nikki. He did say that this security guard was beating the {censored} out of the kid who was just standing there and digging their song. He also said he regretted it the moment he said it, but that's the way it was.

You guys need to give him a break. What he did there was stand up for one single fan during the show. And that's pretty awesome, if you ask me.

I remember a couple of years after the Soviet Union fell and bands from all over the world were coming to Russia... The shows were absolutely crazy, the fans were having a blast but the security guards were not instructed properly and had no experience in situations like that. So they treated every single manifestation of rocking out as an act of vandalism. They even had police SWAT teams to support the security guards.. with helmets and sticks (WTF?) I recall my friend getting a HEAVY concussion and his eyebrow split at a Biohazard gig just because he wanted to get on top of our other friend's shoulders!

And let me tell you this.. NONE of the rock/metal stars ever did anything about it, never stood up for the audience.. even when they saw their fans being beaten to half-death they just turned their eyes away and continued their songs! Some rock'n'roll that was!

So I respect what Nikki did. The way he did it - yeah, somewhat questionable.. but how the {censored} are you expected to control yourself when you're piss ass drunk and rocking out in front of a large audience, huh? You keyboard wankers amaze me
:facepalm:

p.s. there's a lot of hypocrisy about racism in US.

I kinda agree. Took guts and conviction for Nikki to do what he did; still he and all of us might be better off if he had left the "n" word out of it. But like I said in my previous post as long as the blacks think they can own the word and use it thus, creating a reverse racism and a "us against them" sense of superiority it will not work. Americans will settle for equal but never will a self loving person of any race ever bow down or accept and inferior position in society especially one based on racial divides.

• Members

"By the way, I've never done that joke again, ever, and I probably never will. 'Cos some people that were racist thought they had license to say ******. So, I'm done with that routine."

those people clearly missed the point. As some friends used to say "trash is trash no matter what color."

Archived