OT: Why the hell are Muslims ...

reddt1

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Christians have never gone bat{censored} insane and murdered innocent people.

In their defense, I'm unaware of any Christian groups razing, rioting, killing etc. over a negative depiction of Jesus. Sure, there are many Muslims who don't do that or the world would go immediately and pretty much completely to {censored}, but I do believe a fair enough number of them may think that way and may be predisposed to violence as groups of people in the name of their religion. And that does suck for all those who are totally disconnected from it.

Anyway, regarding Christian ills, many right wing Christians seem to me to have no care or concern about all the innocent non-Americans/allies that are killed or otherwise experiencing major loss and tragedy in the current M.E. wars. As long as Israel's a buddy, everything seems justified.

I come from a Christian background, but at this point it's becoming more difficult for me to disagree with those who think the world would be a better place with all religion wiped out (the ideology -- not the people). It's too easily used as a tool to mold people into following whatever political interests can most easily take advantage of it, even to the point of ignoring what the main prophet/saviour specifically explained for followers to do and how to live in favor of what some useless political windbags have to say.

The saving grace is that many or maybe even most followers try to embrace the good parts of their books while ignoring the atrocities supported in the various/earlier parts. I've personally seen much good done to help others by Christians and know the same occurs with people of other religions, so I can't totally be against it all even though I've also seen much that brings about nausea.

• Members

In their defense, I'm unaware of any Christian groups razing, rioting, killing etc. over a negative depiction of Jesus. Sure, there are many Muslims who don't do that or the world would go immediately and pretty much completely to {censored}, but I do believe a fair enough number of them may think that way and may be predisposed to violence as groups of people in the name of their religion. And that does suck for all those who are totally disconnected from it.

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Nearly 1/4 of the world's population is Muslim. If even 0.5% of them were this crazy, that would be 8 million terrorists/murderers and that is just not the case. These fanatics represent a ridiculously small portion of the Muslim population, but unfortunately, they are the ones that make the news since the VAST majority of Muslims is more concerned about taking care of their lives, families, jobs etc like the rest of us and that's not newsworthy.

• Members
It's not that they're Muslims. It's because they are dumb asses. Obviously one dope making a cheap online film doesn't speak for all of America; only dumb asses think that could be so.

It's no different than hyper-Christian cults that hole up in enclaves marrying each others' children, skipping vaccines and awaiting the apocalypse. The problem is they're dumb asses, their Christianity is far, far in second place as a cause of their behavior. Mostly they're just dumb asses.

People build 'settlements' in the lands that were set aside and promised to Palestinean arabs. The Palestineans get understandably furious. But the 'settlers' - is the problem that they are
Jewish
? No. The problem is they are dumb asses.

Dumb asses are dangerous in every culture, in every day life. It's dumb asses that cause evacuations to suddenly become snarled - trapping victims behind them. It's dumb asses that cause careless accidents because they're not paying attention, or doing something reckless because 'they're in a hurry.'

Forget the terrorists - save us from dumb asses.
:mad:

Love it!

• Members

There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Nearly 1/4 of the world's population is Muslim. If even 0.5% of them were this crazy, that would be 8 million terrorists/murderers and that is just not the case. These fanatics represent a ridiculously small portion of the Muslim population, but unfortunately, they are the ones that make the news since the VAST majority of Muslims is more concerned about taking care of their lives, families, jobs etc like the rest of us and that's not newsworthy.

I agree with the numbers, but there are still more than enough to make major problems for many people. Additionally, is there any major sign of the greater population being upset with those who commit such violent acts?

• Members

. Additionally, is there any major sign of the greater population being upset with those who commit such violent acts?

If you are referring to those in the muslim world being upset with their fellow muslim terrorists. That's a good question ... doesn't seem to be any great outrage at least from we see or hear about on the news outlets. Islam seems to be divided into so many splinter groups - there's no central religious authority to hold any of those terrorist groups accountable.

• Members

If you are referring to those in the muslim world being upset with their fellow muslim terrorists. That's a good question ... doesn't seem to be any great outrage at least from we see or hear about on the news outlets. Islam seems to be divided into so many splinter groups - there's no central religious authority to hold any of those terrorist groups accountable.

+1. That was what I meant.

• Members

I agree with the numbers, but there are still more than enough to make major problems for many people. Additionally, is there any major sign of the greater population being upset with those who commit such violent acts?

It's hard to see any signs of anything from the greater population because most of them live in areas that make them very vulnerable to these violent groups and they don't want to become targets. That's how terrorism work, it silences people through fear.

• Members

Most people are confused about the simple fact that Muslim extremists do not in any way represent Islam, any more than the KKK represents Christianity.

My father-in-law is a Muslim and I really do not know a kinder, nicer, gentler soul than him. Every time I see one of these extremists kill someone else, I always wonder what went wrong in their lives.....

• Members

I guess that covers all the "Let's crap on Christians because they believe in a God" threads.. Which is probably 5 to 10 percent of all threads..

Ive never understood the double standard. You cant say anything about *insert religious group / cult* , but you can bash Christianity all day long.

I dont give a sh*t either way, but ....

• Members

Ive never understood the double standard. You cant say anything about *insert religious group / cult* , but you can bash Christianity all day long.

I dont give a sh*t either way, but ....

It's because Christianity is still the world's #1 religion, so it's a bigger target to shoot at.. However, you have to go back to the Reformation, Inquisition, Middle Ages to find large scale Christian violence.. Islam is doing it now a on an unprecedented scale, but most Atheists want to bash Christianity because it's what they see and have to deal with most..

Archived