Amp-like OD pedals

guitarbilly74

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree my man
:thu:

Though I have a feeling those new Bogners are made for Billy's situation... Sorry Billy, get out that wallet. I didn't want to ride that bandwagon either and I'm pretty sure Telephant is going to {censored} on my chest but the reviews and newer clips are pretty damn nice
:o

Pete Thorn's clip sounded pretty feckin' boss. :eek:

• Members

i dunno that i'd consider a RAT an amp-like anything.. it's an okay pedal if you like it.. but it's kinda amplike in that a jackhammer is motorcycle like by having moving parts.
:D
i dunno- i guess you can make it react kinda like an amp.. but it's pretty solid statey.

This.

• Members

i dunno that i'd consider a RAT an amp-like anything.. it's an okay pedal if you like it.. but it's kinda amplike in that a jackhammer is motorcycle like by having moving parts.
:D
i dunno- i guess you can make it react kinda like an amp.. but it's pretty solid statey.

This.

• Members

Billy, The XTS Atomic overdrive is FANTASTIC, check out PeteThorns YT vid. Also, the Wampler SLOstortion and Plextortion, The AmpTweaker TightRock and The Suhr Riot are all great pedals that will work awesome into a clean channel and sound amp like..

I should mention that if I am going to use a clean amp, I like to use one of those pedals for my dirt along with a mild OD in front of it to kick in for a touch more gain for solos...

• Members

Loving my SD Twin Tube. 2 channels. You can use the distortion (channel 2) into your clean amp then switch yer amp to dirt channel and use channel 1 of the Twin Tube as a boost giving you a lot of verstility. I don't know if its high enough gain for you. I've never had the gain much past halfway so, I wouldn't know . Very tube amplike with the gain at half. Nice little sag going on and play lightly and you get less breakup. Got mine used for $100.00

Not sure how much amplike a pedal will be at high gain or even an amp at high gain for that matter. You lose feel after a certain point.

• Members

I should've recommended this earlier - but a Foxrox ZIM is about as versatile as you can get.
And with the swappable cards gets as heavy as you want.
Also has two cascaded footswitchable boosts.
The 'tone' control on channel two is also VERY usable.
Very satisfied with mine.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MattACaster

View Post

USed Blackstar HT-Dual

That. The one I tried even took an OCD boost well. The only other distortion pedal I tried that I liked and thought sounded amp-like and very good for rhythms was a Tech 21 GT2, but it didn't sound right for leads IMO.

Archived