Amp-like OD pedals

guitarbilly74

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

so is this Joyo US Dream decent? I can't watch YT vids in the office icon_lol.gif

From what I've heard, yeah, it's good. May not be built as well as the Suhr, and may not sound quite as good, but it's like 40 bucks or something stupid. They sound very similar in that video.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah I had that pedal and used with my old Super Twin. Great pedal, I agree. I think it can't be powered by my ISO-5 though, which would be a problem, but I will look into it. That would be a great option.

I wish I'd kept mine. I sold it & ended up with the old US made TK999US. My only gripe with the new version is pedal board mounting / size. I liked mine for low volume playing with my Plexis & my RG100ES. I always waned to try it w a Fender / Fender style amp but never got around to it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra

View Post

Another nod for the suhr riot. Joyo do a clone of it called the U.S. Dream for about a tenth of what the the surh runs. I have the Joyo and its good and I usually run it into a clean amp. It worked pretty damn well with the low input of my buds GH100TI and its pretty sweet with my superbass.

How's the Joyo , as far as bass response & "punch" ? Ive been curious about those.

• Members

For me, the best pedal in front of a clean amp is the Metal Muff. YMMV but in front of my plexi it sounds killer. It's not pricey or boooootique but, when you set it right, it kills. Just keep off the "treble boost" side, and keep the gain under 2 o'clock.

I will check it out. Not pricey or boutique-y is cool with me :)

• Members
I will check it out. Not pricey or boutique-y is cool with me
:)

Sample settings.

You will want to add more gain, but don't go past 2 o'clock. Mess with the volume too, as it does interact with the eq and dist, almosta s if it was active, and not passive.

Don't mide the dirty muff. i have cleaned it since this pic :cop:

XmasMXR010.jpg

• Members

How's the Joyo , as far as bass response & "punch" ? Ive been curious about those.

Never played the Suhr but I'm happy with the Joyo. Its got just the right amount of bite to it. Works great for thrashing on and playing sludge riffs without changing the settings.

• Members

are the new Rats just as good or would I have to look for an older version?

That one's bone stock and brand new. :idk:

I always assumed the old ones had "magic" but I'm loving this one. Keep the drive low, I think that's with it at like 9:30 and it's pretty damned tight on the low strangs.

• Members
Another nod for the suhr riot. Joyo do a clone of it called the U.S. Dream for about a tenth of what the the surh runs. I have the Joyo and its good and I usually run it into a clean amp. It worked pretty damn well with the low input of my buds GH100TI and its pretty sweet with my superbass.

My Riot sounded awesome in front of my clean Plexi. Just lovely. :thu:

Archived