Amp-like OD pedals

guitarbilly74

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by newholland View Post
big fan of the box o' rock-- but it might be a little loose for ya. it's nice though 'cause it's a boost AND a gain pedal- they're not cheap, but they're pretty useful critters.
Totally agree my man thumb.gif

Though I have a feeling those new Bogners are made for Billy's situation... Sorry Billy, get out that wallet. I didn't want to ride that bandwagon either and I'm pretty sure Telephant is going to {censored} on my chest but the reviews and newer clips are pretty damn nice redface.gif

• Members

+1 for the OCD
set your amp for clean - and the OCD can give it a huge kick in the ass with very amp like dynamics.
Of course, it works best when you can push your tubes over the edge into breakup - so the amp is providing some of the gain.
So if you need a pristine - lots 'o headroom clean - it may not work as well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 100 watt

View Post

the newer Ibanez Tube King (the red version)

yeah I had that pedal and used with my old Super Twin. Great pedal, I agree. I think it can't be powered by my ISO-5 though, which would be a problem, but I will look into it. That would be a great option.

• Members

Another nod for the suhr riot. Joyo do a clone of it called the U.S. Dream for about a tenth of what the the surh runs. I have the Joyo and its good and I usually run it into a clean amp. It worked pretty damn well with the low input of my buds GH100TI and its pretty sweet with my superbass.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra

View Post

Another nod for the suhr riot. Joyo do a clone of it called the U.S. Dream for about a tenth of what the the surh runs. I have the Joyo and its good and I usually run it into a clean amp. It worked pretty damn well with the low input of my buds GH100TI and its pretty sweet with my superbass.

Archived