Did anyone see a surprise in their first paychecks for the new year?

AdrianPOA

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

biggrin.gif

Well, we've allowed them to pretty much rig it that unless they get redistricted its almost impossible to vote them out. We be {censored}ed. We be {censored}ed hard.

I totally agree with this. But have you talked to people that vote? It's {censored}ing amazing what they vote on (information wise).

I mean {censored} look at the picture of the violin a few posts above this, people are actually {censored}ing stupid enough to blame one party over the other. I've talked to people on both sides of the fence, ones that were so Republican they could never see eye to eye on anything a Dem says, and Dems who think all publicans are idiots.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

biggrin.gif

Well, we've allowed them to pretty much rig it that unless they get redistricted its almost impossible to vote them out. We be {censored}ed. We be {censored}ed hard.

I totally agree with this. But have you talked to people that vote? It's {censored}ing amazing what they vote on (information wise).

I mean {censored} look at the picture of the violin a few posts above this, people are actually {censored}ing stupid enough to blame one party over the other. I've talked to people on both sides of the fence, ones that were so Republican they could never see eye to eye on anything a Dem says, and Dems who think all publicans are idiots.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HKSblade1

View Post

Not true at all. Vote the {censored}ers out and they are out.

Our problem is we are too {censored}ing polarized and partisan. It takes one vote to decide in or out. Politicians used to have to work harder to acquire votes from all sides. Not so much today. Just a few independents and you are in because the partisan support for incumbents have never been higher.

Lastly it's just dumb people with the power to vote and not have to make an educated vote. Most of the voters seldom look at any candidates records. It's about party. Stupidity levels as high as they can go.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

View Post

Vote out all incumbents. Seek out alternative party/independent candidates. OR, just continue doing what we have been doing and remain stupid enough to bitch about what you VOTED FOR.

And this.

Also, anyone who voted for Obama should be ecstatic about the tax holiday ending. Don't you want the deficit to go away? Don't you want Social Security to continue?

Nevermind that neither of those things will actually happen, because the money will be mismanaged/pissed away/stolen, but more taxes go toward paying down the deficit and more funds for Social Security means it'll be solvent forever, right? LOL

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HKSblade1

View Post

Not true at all. Vote the {censored}ers out and they are out.

Our problem is we are too {censored}ing polarized and partisan. It takes one vote to decide in or out. Politicians used to have to work harder to acquire votes from all sides. Not so much today. Just a few independents and you are in because the partisan support for incumbents have never been higher.

Lastly it's just dumb people with the power to vote and not have to make an educated vote. Most of the voters seldom look at any candidates records. It's about party. Stupidity levels as high as they can go.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

View Post

Vote out all incumbents. Seek out alternative party/independent candidates. OR, just continue doing what we have been doing and remain stupid enough to bitch about what you VOTED FOR.

And this.

Also, anyone who voted for Obama should be ecstatic about the tax holiday ending. Don't you want the deficit to go away? Don't you want Social Security to continue?

Nevermind that neither of those things will actually happen, because the money will be mismanaged/pissed away/stolen, but more taxes go toward paying down the deficit and more funds for Social Security means it'll be solvent forever, right? LOL

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Forgive my populist ignorance....But why is DC trying to reduce the deficit on our backs when it appears to me that we could stop giving large chunks of cash to the rest of the world?

How do stop spend da moneis?

Derp-3.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Forgive my populist ignorance....But why is DC trying to reduce the deficit on our backs when it appears to me that we could stop giving large chunks of cash to the rest of the world?

How do stop spend da moneis?

Derp-3.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp

View Post

Social Security was meant to be a supplemental income, not a singular retirement fund. You are supposed to take care of your own retirement. If people can't put 30 dollars a check into their OWN retirement...too damn bad! Sorry about your lack of money management. So we have the government do it for us. Yippee.

They don't even mention SS to my generation with retirement planning. Honestly it's the way it should be.

I've heard different numbers but it's somewhere around 60% of my generation is {censored}ed because they were to {censored}ing stupid to take advantage of that 401k/403b they were offered at work (sometimes with employer matching).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp

View Post

Social Security was meant to be a supplemental income, not a singular retirement fund. You are supposed to take care of your own retirement. If people can't put 30 dollars a check into their OWN retirement...too damn bad! Sorry about your lack of money management. So we have the government do it for us. Yippee.

They don't even mention SS to my generation with retirement planning. Honestly it's the way it should be.

I've heard different numbers but it's somewhere around 60% of my generation is {censored}ed because they were to {censored}ing stupid to take advantage of that 401k/403b they were offered at work (sometimes with employer matching).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

Bro... out of everyone here... you're good with math... come on, he is saying the deduction itself went up 48%, not that they're taking 48% of his paycheck.

here.... imagine you make $100....

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

it's a 2 dollar increase so the deduction itself went up 50%, since 50% of 4 is 2

work with me bro. work with me. icon_lol.gif

somebody gets it!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

Bro... out of everyone here... you're good with math... come on, he is saying the deduction itself went up 48%, not that they're taking 48% of his paycheck.

here.... imagine you make $100....

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

it's a 2 dollar increase so the deduction itself went up 50%, since 50% of 4 is 2

work with me bro. work with me. icon_lol.gif

somebody gets it!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

It's the same as with Romney debating himself put together and posted before the elections. Most politicians will say whatever sounds good at the time.

All politicians.

Then again, even if they wanted to, who could possibly enact policies to make even the smallest dent in that debt? It would cost lots of americans lots of money, so it'd be political suicide.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by rushtallica

View Post

It's the same as with Romney debating himself put together and posted before the elections. Most politicians will say whatever sounds good at the time.

All politicians.

Then again, even if they wanted to, who could possibly enact policies to make even the smallest dent in that debt? It would cost lots of americans lots of money, so it'd be political suicide.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MadKeithV

View Post

All politicians.

Good point. Because this is true and because it'd be very difficult to bring dow the type of debt that's in place, the U.S. as a whole may wake up some day discovering it's been teetering on the verge of a national suicide of sorts -- at least of being a major power in the world.

I think it's going to take a lot of change to fix things, partly because things have just changed too much since the times when so many people had manufacturing jobs and made a good living with it, and also majorly because of bad policies in place such as the current war machine, status of the war on drugs, foreign/offshore business policies, not enough regulation regarding a welfare system, etc., where too many have their hands in the current money pot and will fight to the bitter end against a change in that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MadKeithV

View Post

All politicians.

Good point. Because this is true and because it'd be very difficult to bring dow the type of debt that's in place, the U.S. as a whole may wake up some day discovering it's been teetering on the verge of a national suicide of sorts -- at least of being a major power in the world.

I think it's going to take a lot of change to fix things, partly because things have just changed too much since the times when so many people had manufacturing jobs and made a good living with it, and also majorly because of bad policies in place such as the current war machine, status of the war on drugs, foreign/offshore business policies, not enough regulation regarding a welfare system, etc., where too many have their hands in the current money pot and will fight to the bitter end against a change in that.

Archived