Did anyone see a surprise in their first paychecks for the new year?

AdrianPOA

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

that -2% was never going to last forever, how in the actual {censored} did anyone think it would?

You mean, it should never have happened in the first place right? Instead Congress should have passed a law saying the SS surplus cannot be touched.

But no, why would they do that? It'd only make sense and keep SS perfectly solvent. Can't have that!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

that -2% was never going to last forever, how in the actual {censored} did anyone think it would?

You mean, it should never have happened in the first place right? Instead Congress should have passed a law saying the SS surplus cannot be touched.

But no, why would they do that? It'd only make sense and keep SS perfectly solvent. Can't have that!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer

View Post

So what exactly were we saved from with this last minuete stopping of the Fiscal Cliff? idn_smilie.gif

This "avoiding the fiscal cliff" deal, which really didn't for more than two months, did keep most of the Bush personal income tax cuts intact. Getting rid of those would have increased most folks' taxes by a fairly substantial amount (I think I would have had to pay around $300 more a month), as well as raised the amount of income it takes to qualify for the AMT, which would have hit individuals making more than something like $75000 with a fairly major tax increase.

OTOH, it did nothing but delay by two months dealing with debt reduction so that the incredibly stupid sequestration bill provisions don't go into effect, as well as approving an increase to the national debt limit so we don't go into default and really cause the {censored} to hit the fan.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa/Kramer

View Post

So what exactly were we saved from with this last minuete stopping of the Fiscal Cliff? idn_smilie.gif

This "avoiding the fiscal cliff" deal, which really didn't for more than two months, did keep most of the Bush personal income tax cuts intact. Getting rid of those would have increased most folks' taxes by a fairly substantial amount (I think I would have had to pay around $300 more a month), as well as raised the amount of income it takes to qualify for the AMT, which would have hit individuals making more than something like $75000 with a fairly major tax increase.

OTOH, it did nothing but delay by two months dealing with debt reduction so that the incredibly stupid sequestration bill provisions don't go into effect, as well as approving an increase to the national debt limit so we don't go into default and really cause the {censored} to hit the fan.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Social Security has been doomed long before that 2% tax cut buddy...

Bull{censored}.

SS has low administrative costs, is forbidden from borrowing, can meet all of it's commitments until 2036 and has a substantial surplus.

The only thing wrong with social security is that is represents the threat of a good example, and all of that money isn't being stuffed into banker's pockets.

That'll change.

If we cared about "fixing" ss, we'd be focused on jobs. Attacking it under the guise of deficit reduction (it doesn't add to the deficit) is moronic, as is all of this {censored} about the deficit. All they're doing is prolonging the recession, and cutting public services. Reagan championed the idea of running up a deficit as an excuse to do that, and it has just become standard operating procedure since. Why else would Dubya piss a surplus up a tree, and Obama do the stupid {censored} he has? Slick Willy got his surplus in exchange for {censored}ing us in so many other ways, like free trade agreements and deregulation, but that was a very brief bump in that road...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Social Security has been doomed long before that 2% tax cut buddy...

Bull{censored}.

SS has low administrative costs, is forbidden from borrowing, can meet all of it's commitments until 2036 and has a substantial surplus.

The only thing wrong with social security is that is represents the threat of a good example, and all of that money isn't being stuffed into banker's pockets.

That'll change.

If we cared about "fixing" ss, we'd be focused on jobs. Attacking it under the guise of deficit reduction (it doesn't add to the deficit) is moronic, as is all of this {censored} about the deficit. All they're doing is prolonging the recession, and cutting public services. Reagan championed the idea of running up a deficit as an excuse to do that, and it has just become standard operating procedure since. Why else would Dubya piss a surplus up a tree, and Obama do the stupid {censored} he has? Slick Willy got his surplus in exchange for {censored}ing us in so many other ways, like free trade agreements and deregulation, but that was a very brief bump in that road...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

So it's 48% when it's an increase, but 2% when it's a cut. I see how it works now. icon_lol.gif

Bro... out of everyone here... you're good with math... come on, he is saying the deduction itself went up 48%, not that they're taking 48% of his paycheck.

here.... imagine you make $100....

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

it's a 2 dollar increase so the deduction itself went up 50%, since 50% of 4 is 2

work with me bro. work with me. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

So it's 48% when it's an increase, but 2% when it's a cut. I see how it works now. icon_lol.gif

Bro... out of everyone here... you're good with math... come on, he is saying the deduction itself went up 48%, not that they're taking 48% of his paycheck.

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

it's a 2 dollar increase so the deduction itself went up 50%, since 50% of 4 is 2

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

Right, but that's not what sex panther is saying. He's saying when things go up, people tend to use the percent of the increase. Cause its usually a big number. When things go down, you use the actual number it decreases. Which is often a small number.

Up, 48% OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! eek.gif

Down. {censored}, it only went down 2%. (The 2% being the numerical difference between 2 and 4. Instead of saying "Oh it went down 50%!)

• Members

View Post

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

Right, but that's not what sex panther is saying. He's saying when things go up, people tend to use the percent of the increase. Cause its usually a big number. When things go down, you use the actual number it decreases. Which is often a small number.

Up, 48% OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! eek.gif

Down. {censored}, it only went down 2%. (The 2% being the numerical difference between 2 and 4. Instead of saying "Oh it went down 50%!)

• Members

View Post

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

{censored} your logic niqqa {censored} your logic!!!

• Members

View Post

4% deduction = $4.00

6% deduction = $6.00

{censored} your logic niqqa {censored} your logic!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

This. {censored} Congress. Can we send them on a slow boat to China? They all seem to love China.

I laughed. icon_lol.gif

{censored} we keep voting these idiots in, the way I see it we deserve every piece of {censored} legislation that comes our way. cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

This. {censored} Congress. Can we send them on a slow boat to China? They all seem to love China.

I laughed. icon_lol.gif

{censored} we keep voting these idiots in, the way I see it we deserve every piece of {censored} legislation that comes our way. cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st

View Post

I laughed. icon_lol.gif

biggrin.gif

Well, we've allowed them to pretty much rig it that unless they get redistricted its almost impossible to vote them out. We be {censored}ed. We be {censored}ed hard.

Archived