Did anyone see a surprise in their first paychecks for the new year?

AdrianPOA

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll get flamed for being in the corner of the rich but I would LOVE to see a flatter tax code. A percentage is fair almost by definition. So if someone makes a million a year and pays 15% in taxes and someone else makses 30,000 a year and also pays 15%, I consider that fair. Then politicians say they pay the same rate as if that's unfair. But that's the point of a RATE. We should get rid of all the deductions and just just go with 17% or something.

I mean look at France with that75% RATE. I understand the sentiment that people who can pay more should but where does that end? And really, if that makes sense than maybe rich people should pay more for bread and gas too.

I've heard some people jsutify the higher rates saying, nobody be rich enough to own a private jet or 3 mansions while others are starving. I mean it soudns right initially, but what about the guy who started a business that cleans private jets and yachts, or the landscaper that takes care of the grounds of an estate. I just think we have to be really careful when it comes to that top rate. There's a lot of unintended consequences.

Am I a right wing nut or does that make some sense?

• Members

I'll get flamed for being in the corner of the rich but I would LOVE to see a flatter tax code. A percentage is fair almost by definition. So if someone makes a million a year and pays 15% in taxes and someone else makses 30,000 a year and also pays 15%, I consider that fair. Then politicians say they pay the same rate as if that's unfair. But that's the point of a RATE. We should get rid of all the deductions and just just go with 17% or something.

I mean look at France with that75% RATE. I understand the sentiment that people who can pay more should but where does that end? And really, if that makes sense than maybe rich people should pay more for bread and gas too.

I've heard some people jsutify the higher rates saying, nobody be rich enough to own a private jet or 3 mansions while others are starving. I mean it soudns right initially, but what about the guy who started a business that cleans private jets and yachts, or the landscaper that takes care of the grounds of an estate. I just think we have to be really careful when it comes to that top rate. There's a lot of unintended consequences.

Am I a right wing nut or does that make some sense?

Archived