Did anyone see a surprise in their first paychecks for the new year?

AdrianPOA

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

biggrin.gif

Well, we've allowed them to pretty much rig it that unless they get redistricted its almost impossible to vote them out. We be {censored}ed. We be {censored}ed hard.

Not true at all. Vote the {censored}ers out and they are out.

Our problem is we are too {censored}ing polarized and partisan. It takes one vote to decide in or out. Politicians used to have to work harder to acquire votes from all sides. Not so much today. Just a few independents and you are in because the partisan support for incumbents have never been higher.

Lastly it's just dumb people with the power to vote and not have to make an educated vote. Most of the voters seldom look at any candidates records. It's about party. Stupidity levels as high as they can go.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

biggrin.gif

Well, we've allowed them to pretty much rig it that unless they get redistricted its almost impossible to vote them out. We be {censored}ed. We be {censored}ed hard.

Not true at all. Vote the {censored}ers out and they are out.

Our problem is we are too {censored}ing polarized and partisan. It takes one vote to decide in or out. Politicians used to have to work harder to acquire votes from all sides. Not so much today. Just a few independents and you are in because the partisan support for incumbents have never been higher.

Lastly it's just dumb people with the power to vote and not have to make an educated vote. Most of the voters seldom look at any candidates records. It's about party. Stupidity levels as high as they can go.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

The more you have the more you want. being happy with what I have is my goal.

Taxes are what they are. other countries pay more than us.

I agree that is a good mindset. Was the way I was when I was a young buck. Now, getting close to retirement it pisses me off. You will see someday smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

The more you have the more you want. being happy with what I have is my goal.

Taxes are what they are. other countries pay more than us.

I agree that is a good mindset. Was the way I was when I was a young buck. Now, getting close to retirement it pisses me off. You will see someday smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Forgive my populist ignorance....But why is DC trying to reduce the deficit on our backs when it appears to me that we could stop giving large chunks of cash to the rest of the world?

He chunks you're talking about are a drop in the bucket next to the 16 trillion dollar debt frown.gif

It wouldn't make a diff either way. My as well give aid to people that need it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Forgive my populist ignorance....But why is DC trying to reduce the deficit on our backs when it appears to me that we could stop giving large chunks of cash to the rest of the world?

He chunks you're talking about are a drop in the bucket next to the 16 trillion dollar debt frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Fair enough.

Being as ignorant as I am on these kinds of issues, are there any no frills, non-political websites that I can check out to see the actual numbers? I really need to get up to speed on this.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Fair enough.

Being as ignorant as I am on these kinds of issues, are there any no frills, non-political websites that I can check out to see the actual numbers? I really need to get up to speed on this.

• Members

Any guys old enough can remember how rough life was years ago. No one had ipads, iphones, ipods, cable, internet, monster gas guzzlig SUVs & $400 month binary bundling bills....

Many people in the US were just getting by on the very simple things in life...

Give me a break facepalm.gif

• Members

Any guys old enough can remember how rough life was years ago. No one had ipads, iphones, ipods, cable, internet, monster gas guzzlig SUVs & $400 month binary bundling bills....

Many people in the US were just getting by on the very simple things in life...

Give me a break facepalm.gif

• Members

There are many reasons we're in the state we are in. We certainly increased our standard of living and love of cheap technology, without actually increasing our income. In fact quite the opposite. That went hand in hand and can;t really be blamed on politicians.

As was said...we keep voting these people in....all so we can feel better about ourselves and say we "win". How many people say they wouldn't vote for 3rd party candidates because they don't want to waste their vote? No...it's not that you don't want to waste it, because you just DID. Your either trying to vote for the media darling, or trying to vote against him.

And we have the nerve to blame THEM? I know...then there's Wall Street to deal with. But if we cut off the good ol boys and that flow of money and power, maybe we can start getting back to "of The People" thing that Constitution talks about.

I also have to laugh at this Social Security abomination. Similar to "insurance"....insurance was meant for catastrophic events...not doctor's office visits. So the red tape that needs to support that overuse makes it (health care AND insurance) more expensive. Social Security was meant to be a supplemental income, not a singular retirement fund. You are supposed to take care of your own retirement. If people can't put 30 dollars a check into their OWN retirement...too damn bad! Sorry about your lack of money management. So we have the government do it for us. Yippee.

• Members

There are many reasons we're in the state we are in. We certainly increased our standard of living and love of cheap technology, without actually increasing our income. In fact quite the opposite. That went hand in hand and can;t really be blamed on politicians.

As was said...we keep voting these people in....all so we can feel better about ourselves and say we "win". How many people say they wouldn't vote for 3rd party candidates because they don't want to waste their vote? No...it's not that you don't want to waste it, because you just DID. Your either trying to vote for the media darling, or trying to vote against him.

And we have the nerve to blame THEM? I know...then there's Wall Street to deal with. But if we cut off the good ol boys and that flow of money and power, maybe we can start getting back to "of The People" thing that Constitution talks about.

I also have to laugh at this Social Security abomination. Similar to "insurance"....insurance was meant for catastrophic events...not doctor's office visits. So the red tape that needs to support that overuse makes it (health care AND insurance) more expensive. Social Security was meant to be a supplemental income, not a singular retirement fund. You are supposed to take care of your own retirement. If people can't put 30 dollars a check into their OWN retirement...too damn bad! Sorry about your lack of money management. So we have the government do it for us. Yippee.

• Members

it was a tax holiday... I didnt see anyone jumping up and down for joy when it was enacted. But now that it was taken back the sky is falling. We get lucky that SS only went up 2% rather then the {censored}tards in congress just letting our taxes go up by a {censored}load by not doing anything.

• Members

it was a tax holiday... I didnt see anyone jumping up and down for joy when it was enacted. But now that it was taken back the sky is falling. We get lucky that SS only went up 2% rather then the {censored}tards in congress just letting our taxes go up by a {censored}load by not doing anything.

Archived